10-19-2015 02:48 PM
97 ... 234
tools
    So, I read yesterday that Verizon was pushing an update out to make the latest galaxy devices eligible to use Samsung Pay, my wife got the update on her S6 Edge but nothing on my Note 5, so I checked again today and still no update, just out of curiosity I went to the play store and searched for Samsung pay, nothing came up immediately so I was just scrolling down and boom! There was Samsung Pay! I'm like is this official? I checked and read reviews and decided what the heck, and I now have the Official Samsung Pay app with BOA, verified and now I need to go test it out! I'll update you as soon as I do.
    10-17-2015 04:29 PM
    Samsung pay is in the Google play store, it was updated today and I have it on my Verizon Note 5
    10-17-2015 04:40 PM
    Thanks. I just found it in the Play Store too. I installed it but it says I need VZW latest security update. I received an error when trying to installed. It says to try again later. Perhaps I need to wait until I receive a software update from VZW?
    10-17-2015 05:02 PM
    Samsung pay is in the Google play store, it was updated today and I have it on my Verizon Note 5
    Samsung pay is not in my Google Play Store, just wallet and Android Pay.

Never mind, I do see it way down at the bottom of the list. Let's see if it will install.
    10-17-2015 05:14 PM
    Did you type Samsung Pay in the search field, then scroll down past several apps ?
    10-17-2015 05:20 PM
    Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2015 05:22 PM
    Did you type Samsung Pay in the search field, then scroll down past several apps ?
    Got it, working on it now.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-17-2015 05:24 PM
    After I downloaded it from Play store, it installed it and downloaded and installed Verizon Payment Framework APK as well... So I guess it might work.
    10-17-2015 05:36 PM
    Does NFC have to be on all the time to use Samsung pay?
    10-17-2015 05:44 PM
    It shouldn't have to be...thats the whole appeal of Samsung Pay... Otherwise it's same as Android Pay.
    10-17-2015 06:19 PM
    I can definitely add to the confirmation of others...the app is available. It's weird that it doesn't come up first during a search but scroll down and you will find it.

Set-up is easy. Have your card(s) handy to take a picture of the card(s). Only one of my cards is usable now because Chase has still not signed on.

I just may have to go shopping now to see if it works. Or I'll simply wait until tomorrow.
    10-17-2015 06:27 PM
    I'm getting a Framework error and "try again later" on my Note 5.

If it's working for you, is it on a Note 5?

10-17-2015 06:33 PM
    Got it working on my Note 5!

Now to go try it out, but I'm sure it'll work....

Downloaded from the Play Store.
    10-17-2015 06:43 PM
    Just downloaded to my N5 also. I set it up for my Amex and will give it a try tomorrow just as a test, but I typically use Chase cards and will have to wait until Chase participation is official.
    10-17-2015 07:07 PM
    I'm getting a Framework error and "try again later" on my Note 5.

If it's working for you, is it on a Note 5?

I'm getting the same error on my wife's S6 Edge
    10-17-2015 07:35 PM
    Here's the link
    10-17-2015 08:06 PM
    To those receiving a VZW framework error, if you previously sideloaded Samsung Pay Framework you have to delete it. I couldn't delete mind's so I had to do a factory reset and Samsung Pay and VZW Framework installed after that.
    10-17-2015 08:24 PM
    To those receiving a VZW framework error, if you previously sideloaded Samsung Pay Framework you have to delete it. I couldn't delete mind's so I had to do a factory reset and Samsung Pay and VZW Framework installed after that.
    I didn't side-load anything on my wife's S6 Edge, and I can't figure out how to get around the error

I got it to work on the S6 Edge, had to sideload the framework_VZW.
    10-17-2015 08:42 PM
    Here's something slick. I downloaded the app, it said you need a security update. I said okay, and it downloaded the update. Then it LOOKS like the app reinitialized and downloaded an update for itself. (I approved.) After that, it launched just fine.

So yes, there were steps to take, but the app took them. I wonder if there's an updated installer to address some of the issues other folks have reported? In any case, I recommend downloading again and giving it another try.

(fwiw, I downloaded using the desktop store, rather than the version on my phone. I doubt it made a difference...but can't hurt to try...)
    10-17-2015 11:16 PM
    Confirmed that it works on the Note 5.
    10-18-2015 04:47 AM
    I download the App the other day from the app store and it then downloaded another app. So I now have Samsung Pay and Framework.

Just made my first purchase with Samsung Pay. The store owner and clerk were amazed to say the least as they did not think it would work. They use a standalone card reader where they have to enter the Dollar amount. Once entered I placed my Verizon Note 5 next to the card swipe area and the darn thing kicked out a receipt in like 2 seconds. Had to make the comment “No Iphone can do that!”
    10-19-2015 02:03 PM
    No it does not. I'm with T-Mobile didn't have NFC turned on and it worked just fine. That's the great thing about the newer Samsung devices it uses both NFC and MST technology, so even if it's an older card machine without NFC it should still work however it does not work with swiping machines where you have to insert the card like at a gas pump or ATM machine. Hopefully a lot of card issuers will get on board with Samsung Pay as it is by far better than Apple Pay or Google wallet as it works with so many more credit swiping terminals.
    10-19-2015 02:48 PM
97 ... 234