Update 10/6: Verizon and Samsung HAVE reached an agreement on Samsung Pay use

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon and Samsung has not reached an agreement on Samsung Pay use

I filed a complaint yesterday, and filed with the FTC as well. They are violating Net Neutrality in order to shove android pay, and are not allowing sampay in order to give leverage to Android pay.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Maybe if we all file complaints with the FCC, Verizon might get the hint. For every complaint they figure at least 1,000 or more are equally unhappy. Not only that but Verizon has to respond to each complaint. If we flood them with thousands of FCC complaints maybe we can get at least a response from Verizon.

That is exactly what has to be done.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if there is a way to pull the apk from another carries phone and install it on the verizon phones??

My son tried it on his S6.

It loaded, it accepted credit cards, the card were accepted by the bank, BUT... the app continued to say "Waiting for approval", or something to that effect.

Apparently, the banks approved using the card, as they are unaware what service provider he's with, but Verizon blocked the app from working.

Don't know if anyone else had any better success.....

4R69l

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same boat as well, VZW is definitely blocking the app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

and not being able to use and register on Samsung pay you cant get the deal for a free charger(or whatever the deal is from Samsung) either. just something else Verizon is making us miss out on and I still want my WHITE 64gb from Verizon.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Maybe if we all file complaints with the FCC, Verizon might get the hint. For every complaint they figure at least 1,000 or more are equally unhappy. Not only that but Verizon has to respond to each complaint. If we flood them with thousands of FCC complaints maybe we can get at least a response from Verizon.

So I got a call from Verizon Executive Office stating that they receive a complaint from the FCC. That they are reviewing it and preparing a response. Once it goes through their legal department I was told a response would be sent to the FCC and I would get a copy of it. Kind of curious to see how they respond.

Also, I wonder if 10,000 people did the same thing would that get some attention. Lets see if we can get at least 1,000 of us complaining to the FCC.

Ningboren

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

is Samsung Pay much better than Android Pay? Verizon is simply big and evil.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes it is much better. For Android Pay you can only use it at a merchant that has updated terminals and has an agreement with Google to accept Android Pay.

With Samsung Pay it is just like having a card, it can be used anywhere you swipe your card, most vendors don't even realize it will work at their business.

PDXNW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

I don't care if Samsung Pay is the worst mobile payment system on the planet; I don't need Verizon deciding what I can and can't use on my own phone, especially since I'm not on contract anymore. It's absolutely ridiculous.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Filed a complaint with the FCC the other day!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

This thread makes me happy Tmobile works well in NE Ohio.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I quickly perused this thread so I'm not sure if it's been done already but maybe someone should post the direct link to the FCC where one can log in a formal complaint.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us?return_to=/hc/en-us/requests

Let them know what's going on. I filed a complaint. Verizon... Can you hear me now?

Last edited:

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I just did the FCC complaint at that link. I'm hoping to have Samsung Pay on Verizon within the hour. Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

I received a callback from Verizon on my FCC Complaint. They claim that Samsung wanted to preload devices with the software, and they weren't comfortable with that. They will make SamPay available to customers when Samsung makes it available for download through the app store.

Any validity to this?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I received a callback from Verizon on my FCC Complaint. They claim that Samsung wanted to preload devices with the software, and they weren't comfortable with that. They will make SamPay available to customers when Samsung makes it available for download through the app store.

Any validity to this?

Total validity... question is who do they think they are to tell Samsung what they are not comfortable or not when the rest of carriers are all aboard?

Of course the phone must have some preloaded stuff for it to work, if not, anybody with the APKs (Samsung Pay and Samung Framework) can simply install it and begin to use it, not possible as of now if you don't have the preloaded stuff in the firmware, just ask users with Unlocked galaxies (S6, S6 edge, +, and Note 5) that have been trying to simply sideload the APKs, it simply won't work.

It's pure BS from their part, they will still need to allow for the firmware update to make the rest of the components be ready to allow the APK to work, so it won't make any difference to allow it to install it Over the air or from the Play Store. Simply BS and clear indications that they are feeling the pressure (finally people are taking matters on their hands) and are trying to look for an escape goat.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Any validity to this?

So Verizon can preinstall their junk on a Samsung phone, but Samsung can't preload their own junk on a Verizon branded phone? Am I understanding that right?

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

So Verizon can preinstall their junk on a Samsung phone, but Samsung can't preload their own junk on a Verizon branded phone? Am I understanding that right?

That is what it seemed like. I was at work when they called, and they left a voicemail. It seemed like the guy was reading off a script when he called.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Not only can Verizon add their bloat ware they can and do remove pre-installed software. Under a settlement agreement with Microsoft Samsung agreed to pre load Office, one drive and skype on Samsung phones. These were removed from phones by only one carrier -- Verizon.

I am still waiting for Verizon to answer my FCC complaint.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm with ATT, so I don't have a dog in this fight. In reading the thread, it just seems wrong, though. Carriers should not mess with devices we spend this kind of money to enjoy. We should be able to enjoy it as the manufacturer intended. Or at least be able to install what the carrier decides to leave out. Alas...such is life.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Any validity to this?

That is BS, Samsung preloads stuff on the phones all the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670