10-19-2015 02:48 PM
97 123 ...
tools
    In this article I found an explanation why Verizon isn't yet allowing its customers the use of Samsung Pay. Despite having market winning tech, Samsung Pay launches in US with limited support
    09-29-2015 06:50 AM
    I wonder if there is a way to pull the apk from another carries phone and install it on the verizon phones??
    maf113 likes this.
    09-29-2015 07:07 AM
    I wonder if there is a way to pull the apk from another carries phone and install it on the verizon phones??
    There is a apk out there for it, but you won't find it on Android Central. And if you do find one use it at your own on risk.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2015 07:28 AM
    The article does not really say why Verizon and Samsung haven't come to an agreement yet.......

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-29-2015 07:29 AM
    Very dangerous thing to do. Verizon didn't even receive updates to phones for Samsung Pay that others did.

Does that mean Verizon has the security necessary?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    09-29-2015 09:30 AM
    In this article I found an explanation why Verizon isn't yet allowing its customers the use of Samsung Pay. Despite having market winning tech, Samsung Pay launches in US with limited support
    The article does not really say why Verizon and Samsung haven't come to an agreement yet.......

From what I understand, is that Verizon has financial interests in Android Pay.
    09-29-2015 09:31 AM
    That's interesting because I got an update to android pay this morning but I'll never use it, I'm waiting on samsung pay.
    09-29-2015 10:36 AM
    I've not read it anywhere to confirm it but I'm sure that their stake in Softcard, which Google bought, gave them financial incentive to see Android Pay be successful and they certainly have not disputed that idea when I insinuate it on Twitter. #bastards
    09-29-2015 10:54 AM
    It probably won't make a difference but I posted this in another thread and I am badgering Verizon online. I invite you to do the same.

Alright Verizon people. I'm not trying to pimp my Twitter account but I might have made some comments on another Android blog's post about Samsung pay and I might have gotten a meaningless response on Twitter from Verizon. I know that there is no power in that account but maybe if we make a little more noise we can make them reconsider. So what am I recommending? If you haven't already, say something @Verizon on Twitter. If you want to jump in on my comments my twitter account is https://twitter.com/blakemitchell. Do a reply on one of my comments that already has Verizon in the conversation or reply to Verizon's response to me that is located here: https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/statu...36395347324932.

Anyway, this really ticks me off and like I said in my Tweet, it makes me want to investigate moving my company off. It's not a decision that I can make on my own but it is certainly one that I can influence greatly.
    r56mcs likes this.
    09-29-2015 11:01 AM
    My gut is telling me that we will get Samsung Pay on Verizon. Give it some time. I think we will have it within 30 days.

kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-29-2015 11:24 AM
    My gut is telling me that we will get Samsung Pay on Verizon. Give it some time. I think we will have it within 30 days.

I would be surprised, the FCC doesn't generally work that quickly..
    zero157h7 likes this.
    09-29-2015 11:26 AM
    I think you will be correct if there is enough negative attention on it. Otherwise, why would they? What is so devious about Samsung Pay that one carrier has to spend weeks (if not longer) "evaluating" it while the others do not? Are AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint just dummies that aren't smart enough to slow down or is Verizon just the big bully that doesn't care about customers if they think the can get away with it?
    09-29-2015 11:28 AM
    I can relate. I had grandfathered verizon unlimited data plan and still went to T Mobile because of Samsung pay beta. At work I get no cell reception now but I can use work WiFi. Samsung pay will still be very useful even after IC cards are widely in use.
    09-29-2015 11:29 AM
    I think you will be correct if there is enough negative attention on it. Otherwise, why would they? What is so devious about Samsung Pay that one carrier has to spend weeks (if not longer) "evaluating" it while the others do not? Are AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint just dummies that aren't smart enough to slow down or is Verizon just the big bully that doesn't care about customers if they think the can get away with it?
    They have money invested with Google and Android Pay, they would be supporting their own competition.
    09-29-2015 11:39 AM
    That was kind of what I was insinuating. However, the other carriers also had stakes in Softcard and probably stand to make money on Android Pay but not Samsung Pay.
    09-29-2015 11:41 AM
    That was kind of what I was insinuating. However, the other carriers also had stakes in Softcard and probably stand to make money on Android Pay but not Samsung Pay.
    Verizon is Verizon, that should say it all. Their interest doesn't lie with their customers so much.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    09-29-2015 11:44 AM
    I can relate. I had grandfathered verizon unlimited data plan and still went to T Mobile because of Samsung pay beta. At work I get no cell reception now but I can use work WiFi. Samsung pay will still be very useful even after IC cards are widely in use.
    If I were to switch carriers, it would be to either T-Mobile or US Cellular (I've had both before), but because, like you, I also have grandfathered unlimited data with Verizon, it's not worth it at the moment. I want Samsung Pay but my primary card is a Credit Union card that probably won't be supported for some time; so the best network, fastest data, and unlimited data is more important to me. US Cellular has always had an incredible network as well, but they don't update their technology nearly as quickly. I've had blanketed LTE coverage with great speeds with Verizon since somewhere around 2011 or 2012 and US Cellular just deployed their LTE here this year. Their service quality is top-notch, but the rate at which it's implemented is a tough pill to swallow. So, I'm basically stuck where I am.
    09-29-2015 11:48 AM
    marc10406 Sep 29, 2015 8:45 AM (in response to Loader187)

A little over a week ago I filed a complaint with the FCC citing Samsung Pay not being allowed on the Verizon network while other Pay systems are, like Android Pay. My complaint centered around Net Neutrality.

On Friday, Sept 25, 2015, in the late afternoon, I received a call from Verizon Executive Office stating that Greg (don't remember the last name) would be calling me on Monday as he was out of the office Friday. The call was placed to my cell phone and I was asked to verify the last 4 of my Social. So they know my number. It is now 8:30am on Tuesday and of course no one has called, and I really did not expect anyone would. I would imagine that the Admin Person that called, responded back to the FCC that I was contacted and it is now considered by Verizon to be resolved.

Well, that is not the case. To paraphrase a famous person, I have a keyboard and the internet and I know how to use them. It only takes a few keystrokes to notify the FCC of Verizon's failure to do better than tell me someone will be in touch and then fail to follow through.

Verizon stated over a month ago that they would keep us informed. The silence speaks volumes -- Verizon could care less about their customers. If it were not for the coverage Verizon has in the North West, I would be jumping ship myself. But remember Verizon does not care about losing customers and they have said so in public. So when I switch it will not be to send a signal to Verizon, but rather to get better service and to be able to use the products I buy.
    09-29-2015 12:18 PM
    I just filed one also!
    09-29-2015 12:45 PM
    Maybe if we all file complaints with the FCC, Verizon might get the hint. For every complaint they figure at least 1,000 or more are equally unhappy. Not only that but Verizon has to respond to each complaint. If we flood them with thousands of FCC complaints maybe we can get at least a response from Verizon.
    09-29-2015 12:55 PM
    I filed a complaint yesterday, and filed with the FTC as well. They are violating Net Neutrality in order to shove android pay, and are not allowing sampay in order to give leverage to Android pay.
    09-29-2015 01:01 PM
    Maybe if we all file complaints with the FCC, Verizon might get the hint. For every complaint they figure at least 1,000 or more are equally unhappy. Not only that but Verizon has to respond to each complaint. If we flood them with thousands of FCC complaints maybe we can get at least a response from Verizon.
    That is exactly what has to be done.
    09-29-2015 01:09 PM
    My son tried it on his S6.

It loaded, it accepted credit cards, the card were accepted by the bank, BUT... the app continued to say "Waiting for approval", or something to that effect.

Apparently, the banks approved using the card, as they are unaware what service provider he's with, but Verizon blocked the app from working.

Don't know if anyone else had any better success.....
    09-29-2015 02:38 PM
    I'm in the same boat as well, VZW is definitely blocking the app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2015 03:04 PM
    and not being able to use and register on Samsung pay you cant get the deal for a free charger(or whatever the deal is from Samsung) either. just something else Verizon is making us miss out on and I still want my WHITE 64gb from Verizon.
    09-29-2015 03:54 PM
97 123 ...