I picked up a Note 5 yesterday and paired it to my Moto 360 1st gen. I was able to get it paired, but I'm having problems receiving notifications on my Moto 360. Verizon has their own SMS app that they're trying to force us to use. If I decide to use the Samsung SMS app or any other 3rd party SMS app, my Moto 360 will not vibrate to alert me of incoming messages. When I look at my watch, I'm not able to see notifications, but if I swipe up from the bottom bezel of the watch, they appear. If I use the Verizon SMS app, my Moto 360 will vibrate, but the screen will not light up to alert me of incoming messages. I didn't have this issue with my previous Note 4, only with the Note 5.
    Is anyone else having issues using their Note 5 with their Moto 360?
    09-29-2015 11:07 AM
    I've not seen this issue. I would try disabling Verizon's messaging app and selecting a new default, then make sure you have Android Wear checked in the Notifications menu. There are also areas where you might want to check to make sure that you don't have any apps selected to not show notifications from.
    09-29-2015 11:24 AM
    I disabled the app, and I'm still not able to receive notifications. I did a factory reset on the watch and the phone. In trying to make sure that other apps aren't conflicting with it, I paired them together right after doing the reset. It's still not working properly.
    09-29-2015 11:44 AM
    The only way I can get notifications to push from my Note 5 without using the default messaging app, is to have Note 5 set to sound mode. If it's set to vibrate mode, it will not push notifications to my Moto 360. My Moto 360 battery life was very poor when paired with the Note 5. I would easily get through an entire day with about 50% left on my Moto 360. Today I only got about 8 hours, before I had to recharge my Moto 360.
    09-29-2015 02:03 PM
    I'm also running the Note 5 and Moto 360 and am not having any of the problems you are experiencing. I started off using Verizon Message+ and received my watch notifications. I stopped using that when I saw it wasn't using the notification tone from the contact. I went to the Samsung App and that also sent notifications to the watch and used the notification tone, but I didn't like the app.
    I'm now back to Chomp SMS which I used on my G3 and that also sends watch notifications. My battery life is also still very good.
    09-30-2015 05:56 AM
    I was using message + and got 360 watch notifications, but I could not reply via the watch like I am use to doing via voice. And I didn't like how samsung messaging wakes the screen up on every text. So I stick with textra. Which works every time on the watch and satisfies all my other wishes

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 06:33 PM
    The notifications from other apps would work fine, but if I chose the Samsung SMS app over the Verizon messaging app, I would not receive SMS notifications if the phone was set to Vibrate Mode. I would only receive SMS notifications if the phone was set to either Sound or Silent Mode.
    10-01-2015 08:00 AM