10-16-2015 06:10 PM
40 12
tools
    09-29-2015 06:31 PM
    I sure hope this is true. This way i can get a free Qi charger from Samsung.

Samsung Pay - Terms and conditions
    09-29-2015 07:01 PM
    09-29-2015 07:18 PM
    I sure hope this is true. This way i can get a free Qi charger from Samsung.

Samsung Pay - Terms and conditions
    My thoughts exactly!
    09-29-2015 07:26 PM
    My thoughts exactly!
    DITTO! We just got 2 Note's, would love the extra chargers! Woot woot!
    09-29-2015 07:28 PM
    Verizon will probably wait until the day after the promotion ends.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ctychick, jlilnc14, vm81 and 2 others like this.
    09-29-2015 07:34 PM
    I'm skeptical. This just sounds like yet another VZW string-along statement. VZW has absolutely no right to tell me how to use my phone. I urge all to file a complaint with the FCC for violation of Net Neutrality laws that are coupled with VZW's usage of the 700MHz Block c agreement. They have no right to block lawful content from your device.
    09-29-2015 08:24 PM
    I'm skeptical. This just sounds like yet another VZW string-along statement. VZW has absolutely no right to tell me how to use my phone. I urge all to file a complaint with the FCC for violation of Net Neutrality laws that are coupled with VZW's usage of the 700MHz Block c agreement. They have no right to block lawful content from your device.
    Verizon didn't make the tweet, the Samsung Pay GM did. Still a bit skeptical but I hope it happens.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    09-29-2015 08:57 PM
    C'mon Verizon. Stop holding us hostage.
    09-30-2015 10:47 AM
    End of the week. Where's the app?

kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-09-2015 08:44 PM
    End of the week. Where's the app?

wondering the same thing.... I don't actually want to use Samsung Pay.

I'm only after the freebies. (i.e. the free standard non-fast charging wireless charger) Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get Samsung Pay turned on by the deadline to qualify for the freebies. (tomorrow, Oct 11) Of course, Samsung may start a new promotion just for Verizon customers who sign up for Samsung Pay now.
    10-10-2015 12:18 AM
    10/11 Last day of Samsung Pay promotion.

Dear Verizon,

The Samsung Pay promotion is over so you can release the application Monday

10-11-2015 12:57 PM
    10/11 Last day of Samsung Pay promotion.

Dear Verizon,

The Samsung Pay promotion is over so you can release the application Monday

Samsung was the one who's running the promo.

Verizon is the one being stupid.
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    10-11-2015 02:10 PM
    I believe that is what I said.

10-11-2015 06:20 PM
    I believe that is what I said.

I sure hope Samsung will do another promo when Verizon customers can

Forget the standard wireless charging pad in the offered that expired today.
    Give us the fast charging wireless charging pad as freebies!
    10-11-2015 08:19 PM
    Still waiting...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    10-14-2015 09:26 AM
    You and me both!
    10-14-2015 10:04 AM
    I sure hope Samsung will do another promo when Verizon customers can

Forget the standard wireless charging pad in the offered that expired today.
    Give us the fast charging wireless charging pad as freebies!
    It would be nice..but i doubt it
    10-14-2015 10:06 AM
    Given that Verizon blames Samsung and Samsung blames Verizon, I doubt that we will see anything soon. Samsung pre-loaded the software and Verizon removed it. Why because Verizon did not want pre-loaded apps on the phone (except of course for Verizon apps). So Samsung Pay and the MS Office Suite were removed. This made room for Verizon bloatware.
    I am not holding my breath, I believe it will require at least another 6 weeks before we get to Verizon’s minimum time frame, of 2 months, to get an update out the door (normal for Verizon is 2 – 6 months).

If what Motorola did with the X Pure phone is successful I am hoping more OEMs start selling direct to the public and by pass the carrier completely. Make one version that works on all carriers, with whatever features the OEM wants to include in the device and prevent the carrier from adding anything or deleting anything. All updates would come from the OEM and not the carrier. As long as the device/software conforms to carrier network standards there is no reason for the OEMs not to do this. Since subsidizing is no longer being offered the carrier should have no say in the matter. They are, as one person put it, a pipe line and that is all.

Begin Rant

Land based providers do not dictate what features your device can or cannot have. Comcast phone and internet services allow me to connect any device that is FCC compliant on their network. I have an Nvidia Shield Android TV, LG TV, Sony PS3, Dish Hopper, Chromcast, and a Dell computer all connected to the internet and Comcast does not and cannot dictate what I run on these devices. I have three different types of phones, two wireless types and one hardwired, and again Comcast does not care. As long as the devices are FCC certified and the activity is legal they don’t care. Why do wireless carriers get a say on what we use to connect to their network. Comcast does not block my banking applications or other payment transactions. Comcast does not remove features from the devices I connect to their network. Comcast is my internet and telephone provider and as long as I adhere to their Terms of Service they will continue to allow me to connect what I want and run whatever software I want, without interference from them.

Verizon and the other carriers need to move into the 21st century. The OEMs need to get a backbone, like Apple, and tell the carries to stop removing features. The OEMs need to start selling to the public directly and tell the carrier what they can do with their ancient ways of removing features from our smart devices.

I believe that if the carriers don’t change that the FCC will force them to and it may be worse for them then if they implemented these changes now.

End of Rant
    10-14-2015 11:10 AM
    Given that Verizon blames Samsung and Samsung blames Verizon, I doubt that we will see anything soon. Samsung pre-loaded the software and Verizon removed it. Why because Verizon did not want pre-loaded apps on the phone (except of course for Verizon apps). So Samsung Pay and the MS Office Suite were removed. This made room for Verizon bloatware.
    I am not holding my breath, I believe it will require at least another 6 weeks before we get to Verizon’s minimum time frame, of 2 months, to get an update out the door (normal for Verizon is 2 – 6 months).

End of Rant
    Actually Verizon did more than just remove Samsung Pay. They inserted an active blocking script or some such where even side-loading the Samsung Pay apk and the necessary Samsung Framework apk your Verizon branded phone still can't use Samsung Pay.
    10-14-2015 11:25 AM
    Actually Verizon did more than just remove Samsung Pay. They inserted an active blocking script or some such where even side-loading the Samsung Pay apk and the necessary Samsung Framework apk your Verizon branded phone still can't use Samsung Pay.
    strangely, Verizon never refuses to bend over willingly
    when Apple does something with their new iPhones.

I don't know what kind of sweet deals Apple is giving
    Verizon... but they seem to push the iPhone 10 times as
    hard as Samsung phones. When I recently bought
    THREE Galaxy Note5 phones, the Verizon corporate
    store employees tried VERY HARD to convince me to
    get the iPhone 6s Plus instead. I refused, of course.
    (even after I was about to leave the store with my three
    new Note5 phones, he kept telling me that I had 14 days
    to exchange them for the new iPhone 6s Plus)
    10-14-2015 12:06 PM
    The profit margin on IPhones is very high. On average an IPhone 6 cost Apple $237 to make. As far as profits for all smart phones. Apple has something like 94% of total smart phone profits. That leaves 6% for everyone else. Note that Apple does not have 94% of sales only 94% of all the profits made on smart phones.

10-14-2015 12:55 PM
    The profit margin on IPhones is very high. On average an IPhone 6 cost Apple $237 to make. As far as profits for all smart phones. Apple has something like 94% of total smart phone profits. That leaves 6% for everyone else. Note that Apple does not have 94% of sales only 94% of all the profits made on smart phones.

does that translate into higher profit margins(or commissions) for Verizon? (compared to selling Note5?)

I guess so. Otherwise I can't understand why the corporate store employee actually took time out and called me to see if I really didn't want to exchange my three Note5 phones for three iPhone 6s Plus phones.
    10-14-2015 01:00 PM
    Having worked retail sales, I would imagine there are incentives for selling one phone over another. Is Apple doing this? I don't know. It may be Verizon that is offering additional commissions for each iphone. The only way a sales person would push one phone over another is if they got more money or they are a real die hard fan of the phone. I would say the former. Money's always a driving factor.

It is possible that Verizon makes more money off I phones so they are pushing bigger incentives.

10-14-2015 01:40 PM
    Having worked retail sales, I would imagine there are incentives for selling one phone over another. Is Apple doing this? I don't know. It may be Verizon that is offering additional commissions for each iphone. The only way a sales person would push one phone over another is if they got more money or they are a real die hard fan of the phone. I would say the former. Money's always a driving factor.

It is possible that Verizon makes more money off I phones so they are pushing bigger incentives.

Verizon doesn't care if you sell and iPhone or a galaxy. I know I worked for them. Lol

Posted via my Samsung Note 5
    10-14-2015 02:01 PM
40 12