04-20-2016 09:58 AM
42 12
    I think I put some keys in my pocket while I had the phone there
    The scratch on the phone was very small but it bothered me so much I had to get a new one. It took a few phone calls and a lot of stress from Verizon but I got a brand new phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    You never put anything on the pocket with your phone and you put it in with the screen facing your body.
    Carlo Villa, Connert and rjr1209 like this.
    10-01-2015 11:00 AM
    How confident are you that Gorilla Glass 4 will not scratch from every day use? I'm a guy who normally puts his phone in his pocket and not in a bag or anything. I will greatly miss that glass feel unless i get the ugly tempered glass. But do you think a regular case would suffice?
    I use the zagg glass protector and an otter box defender case...btw, it works with the Samsung wireless charger as well...

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-01-2015 12:32 PM
    I've tried two and removed both in less than a day. Can't deal with the halo.

10-01-2015 05:05 PM
    I have decided to go without a screen protector. This Zagg glass screen protector is the worst! I just got the phone last week and have had to have the screen protector changed twice with the same results. So today when I go into the store to return it and have it taken off my account the rep in so many told me there was nothing that he could do. So I basically was eating the $26 for a screen that's bubbling on the edges and looks bad. So I called CS and they credited my account for the inconvenience. I wish that I still had the screen protector on to show you how bad it looked smh.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    So how did it go..I mean did u notice any scratches after going naked??
    04-16-2016 04:17 AM
    I use a glass screen protector on my Note 5 and it looks just fine. I don't have any bubbles or halos around the edges. If your having those issues then it wasn't properly installed.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5
    04-16-2016 11:34 PM
    I don't have one on my Note 5. I have an otter box case that came with a screen protector. I tried putting it on the phone and wasn't successful. There was so much dust and too many bubbles trapped underneath that I would not have looked good at all. Not going to try that again.
    04-17-2016 01:56 AM
    Completely naked. No case no screen protector.

04-17-2016 08:16 AM
    My first non-screen protected phone. I do have a case with a thin raised edge to avoid it scratching when placed face down on a flat surface. It goes in an empty front pocket, screen facing in, for most of the day. The most 'dangerous' part of the day currently is when it's charging on the front seat of my car (no phone mount yet).

My old SG4 had the heavy PT case from BB, belt clip, screen protector. It still looks new (my FIL uses it now), but was heavy, clunky and the kids at school made fun of me for it

If something happens, I'll consider my options for replacement/repair/living like a teenager with a cracked screen.
    04-17-2016 08:29 AM
    I do not have a screen protector but do have a skin on the back of the phone from skinomi
    04-17-2016 09:06 AM
    I'm using mine without a screen protector. I never put my keys and phone in the same pocket and I am very protective of it. Yet somehow I still managed to get a very light scratch on the top left corner of the screen. It's not a very deep scratch, or even a very noticeable scratch. But my anal self does notice it every once in awhile.
    04-17-2016 10:51 AM
    i have given up using screen protectors 2 years ago now. haven't had a problem yet. But I am careful with my phone. so far so good.
    04-17-2016 11:16 AM
    No screen protectors for me.. never..not only with my Note5 but with old devices too.
    When I go out I put the phone on a wallet case or pouch, so screen never get in touch
    with any surface. Never had scratches.

Posted via my Note5 Silver titanium
    04-18-2016 03:41 PM
    I do not have a screen protector but do have a skin on the back of the phone from skinomi
    Same here.
    04-18-2016 04:27 PM

I'm on my third Samsung device and I simply HAVE to have a Screen Protector applied for one simple reason: Samsung displays are like "fingerprint magnets". Without a protector on the glass, my displays simply shows too many smears. I have a Kindle HDX here and I could use that all day and barely notice any smearing.

The current one I'm using on my Note phone has a matte surface so it isn't shiny at all. It took a few days to get used to it but I really like it now.
    04-20-2016 03:56 AM
    Just broke down and bought a rhino shield screen protector after seeing a new series of small scratches on the screen.
    04-20-2016 06:59 AM
    Nope ... I think the iPhone 3GS was the last phone I had a screen protector on. I thought wow what a waste of money, and learned to take better care of my expensive phones.
    04-20-2016 08:28 AM
    Eh, if i can find a good tempered glass protector, maybe. I typically go protector-less.
    04-20-2016 09:58 AM
42 12