Is the Note5 popular with women? My local Verizon corporate store manager told me that the majority of Note5 buyers are women aged 20 to 40. When I asked her what she meant by majority, she said about 3 in 4... which is 75%... that's a huge number. Then again, that's just at this one store... and it doesn't help that it's located next to a huge medical center and a 30,000-student university.
    09-29-2015 07:11 PM
    To be honest I see women with larger phones more often than men. The trend is either iPhones or large-screened Androids.
    09-29-2015 08:01 PM
    Is the Note5 popular with women? My local Verizon corporate store manager told me that the majority of Note5 buyers are women aged 20 to 40. When I asked her what she meant by majority, she said about 3 in 4... which is 75%... that's a huge number. Then again, that's just at this one store... and it doesn't help that it's located next to a huge medical center and a 30,000-student university.
    I find this very interesting given the fact that case manufacturers seem to design a majority of their products for men. I don't need a girly-girl phone with rhinestones and charms hanging off of it, but it would be nice to see a greater color selection out there. I've always just assumed that men comprise the majority of Note users so cases were designed accordingly.
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    09-29-2015 08:15 PM
    I find this very interesting given the fact that case manufacturers seem to design a majority of their products for men. I don't need a girly-girl phone with rhinestones and charms hanging off of it, but it would be nice to see a greater color selection out there. I've always just assumed that men comprise the majority of Note users so cases were designed accordingly.
    I think most manufacturers try to design uni-sex. Half their consumer base is women after all. I don't believe dark colors equates to masculine. On the other hand, bright colors does not equate to feminine. I don't pretend to understand society (I try to push it as a whole to the back of my mind) but there are definite trends and I think they have more to do with form factor and branding than design.
    09-29-2015 08:18 PM