Been waffling for some time now with this janky G4...

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a G4 from Vzw and this thing is just lagging like crazy. I have done all I can to try to fix it just short of asking for a replacement. The keyboard lag is horrendous and I just can't deal with it anymore. Finally after waffling on what I want to do I decided to order a 64GB Black Note 5. It arrives today.

I am still a little worried about battery life though with the standby issues I have read about as right now the battery life on the G4 is awesome. I know the Note 5 is a sweet phone and I am probably being paranoid but I just need some reassurance that I made the right choice.

My other options were the MXPE and the Nexus 6P. I think these are also two great phones but I think the Note 5 will still carry an edge on them all right now as the better phone. Anyone move from a G4 or MXPE to the Note 5 and regret it?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a g4 before . the Note 5 gets about double the battery life of my g4. Ymmv of course. I didn't have any standby issues either on 4GLTE or wifi.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Well hearing the standby issue isn't on all devices make me feel better. If I can pull better battery life than what I am getting right now with the G4 then I will be extremely happy.

Just noticed it arrived at my house a few minutes ago so I can't wait to get home and fire this thing up. Do you know if I can just throw the G4 SIM card in it to activate it or does it have a micro SIM?

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Well got home yesterday and activated the Note 5. Man what a beautiful phone. The screen is just unreal and there is absolutely no lag on this phone what so ever. Think I made the right choice. Now it's time to let the G4 go and get me some accessories for this monster!!!

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My G4 got stuck in a boot loop, and I couldn't even break into recovery mode. I liked the G4 and also had the G3. I even had Best Buy device insurance, but I opted to get the 64GB Note 5 which I do not regret at all. I thought I would hate the lack of removable battery and SD, but I love the smoothness and screen. Battery is pretty good (for now), and the camera was a pleasant surprise. Also, no Bluetooth disconnects on this phone. As others have said, YMMV.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol