I have a G4 from Vzw and this thing is just lagging like crazy. I have done all I can to try to fix it just short of asking for a replacement. The keyboard lag is horrendous and I just can't deal with it anymore. Finally after waffling on what I want to do I decided to order a 64GB Black Note 5. It arrives today.

I am still a little worried about battery life though with the standby issues I have read about as right now the battery life on the G4 is awesome. I know the Note 5 is a sweet phone and I am probably being paranoid but I just need some reassurance that I made the right choice.

My other options were the MXPE and the Nexus 6P. I think these are also two great phones but I think the Note 5 will still carry an edge on them all right now as the better phone. Anyone move from a G4 or MXPE to the Note 5 and regret it?
    09-30-2015 09:04 AM
    I had a g4 before . the Note 5 gets about double the battery life of my g4. Ymmv of course. I didn't have any standby issues either on 4GLTE or wifi.
    09-30-2015 09:24 AM
    Well hearing the standby issue isn't on all devices make me feel better. If I can pull better battery life than what I am getting right now with the G4 then I will be extremely happy.

Just noticed it arrived at my house a few minutes ago so I can't wait to get home and fire this thing up. Do you know if I can just throw the G4 SIM card in it to activate it or does it have a micro SIM?
    09-30-2015 01:04 PM
    Never mind, I just read the thread below. It appears it uses a nano SIM and not micro.
    09-30-2015 01:15 PM
    Well got home yesterday and activated the Note 5. Man what a beautiful phone. The screen is just unreal and there is absolutely no lag on this phone what so ever. Think I made the right choice. Now it's time to let the G4 go and get me some accessories for this monster!!!
    10-01-2015 08:27 AM
    My G4 got stuck in a boot loop, and I couldn't even break into recovery mode. I liked the G4 and also had the G3. I even had Best Buy device insurance, but I opted to get the 64GB Note 5 which I do not regret at all. I thought I would hate the lack of removable battery and SD, but I love the smoothness and screen. Battery is pretty good (for now), and the camera was a pleasant surprise. Also, no Bluetooth disconnects on this phone. As others have said, YMMV.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-01-2015 09:59 AM