On my old Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung included a built-in flashlight widget. It works almost instantaneously.(i.e. the LED light on the back turns on immediately as soon as I touch the widget icon)

Samsung doesn't include this widget for the Note 5, so I tried over 17 different flashlight apps that have on/off widgets. NONE of them turn the LED light on INSTANTANEOUSLY like the Samsung one on the old S5. They all have a 1/2-second to 1-second delay from the moment my finger touches the flashlight widget.

If anyone knows of a flashlight widget that can turn the LED light on INSTANTANEOUSLY, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!
    10-01-2015 10:18 AM
    It's in the drop down menu.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    trucky likes this.
    10-01-2015 10:24 AM
    It's in the drop down menu.
    Thanks! I'm too new to the phone and hasn't discovered that yet... but I still want a widget on the home screen... guess's there's no way to move the switch from the drop-down menu to the home screen...

(or better yet, have it on the lock screen! )
    10-01-2015 10:33 AM
    I have mine located in the same place on menu bar. I used to always use a widget, it really doesn't take long to get used to it being there.
    10-01-2015 10:43 AM
    I have mine located in the same place on menu bar. I used to always use a widget, it really doesn't take long to get used to it being there.
    I just pulled out my antique Samsung Galaxy Nexus from my closet. It still has the flashlight switch on the lock screen... but that app/widget requires root, which isn't possible on the Note 5. oh well, guess I'll just have to get used to it.
    10-01-2015 10:46 AM
    My Note 4 has that widget, but not on the lockscreen. Lockscreen widgets and icons are long gone for a while now.
    10-01-2015 10:47 AM
    I just pulled out my antique Samsung Galaxy Nexus from my closet. It still has the flashlight switch on the lock screen... but that app/widget requires root, which isn't possible on the Note 5. oh well, guess I'll just have to get used to it.
    You could try Power Toggles. You can create a widget on your home screen and/or set the toggle in the notifications shade and your lock screen.
    10-01-2015 10:55 AM
    These are my lock screen switches using Power Toggles.
    Attached Thumbnails is there a flashlight widget that will turn on the LED light instantaneously like on the old S5?-11746.jpg  
    10-01-2015 10:57 AM
    You could try Power Toggles. You can create a widget on your home screen and/or set the toggle in the notifications shade and your lock screen.
    Thanks! I just installed it... How do I set it to the lock screen?
    10-01-2015 11:03 AM
    In Power Toggles select the switches you want in Notification - Customize - add toggle. You need to have notifications enabled in your lock screen for this to work, of course.
    10-01-2015 11:07 AM