are you afraid of letting friends/family/co-workers borrow your Note 5 because of the S-Pen issue?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I will let my 2 year old and 5 year old draw on my phone with the spen. It's just a phone.

I feel your pain though. I got a $200 Benchmade knife. I let a friend handle it. He immediately drops it on the concrete and damages the blade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I should probably say "no"

But **** happens, I lend my note5 for my friend's child to play around, just with a glimpse, he slip the s pen upside down :(

So, be aware ....

Posted via the Android Central App #Galnote5

I didn't know how to my company's COO when she wanted to borrow my new Note5. We were on the company jet together and there was nowhere to run. It worked perfectly with the onboard wifi(almost 10 times faster than than the onboard wifi that I got when I flew United or American) She didn't hand the phone back to me until the plane landed at Teterboro. :( First thing I did was to check to see if the S-Pen was ever inserted backwards... no.. it was still working fine. :)

What could I have done? If I said "no"(even politely), I would probably be without a job pretty soon. :) (either that or I'll have to sleep with her or something)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
so if you were in my situation(post #24 above), you wouldn't have given your boss the phone? I'm a coward and I don't have courage to say no... not to the COO anyway... on the other hand, I guess I just can't say no to a hot and mature lady.(i.e. Mrs. Robinson type)
Have to draw the line somewhere.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
so if you were in my situation(post #24 above), you wouldn't have given your boss the phone? I'm a coward and I don't have courage to say no... not to the COO anyway... on the other hand, I guess I just can't say no to a hot and mature lady.(i.e. Mrs. Robinson type)
Nope.

1. She's the COO, she should have her own phone.
2. Maybe if she wanted me to show her some features, I'd give her a "tour"...
3. No way I'd just let her have my phone for the duration of the flight.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Nope.

1. She's the COO, she should have her own phone.
2. Maybe if she wanted me to show her some features, I'd give her a "tour"...
3. No way I'd just let her have my phone for the duration of the flight.

Like I was saying.. I'm a coward and don't have the guts to stand up to a hot and sexy mature lady who is the COO of a 98,000-employee corporation.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Nobody would ever ask me to use my phone,, nor would I let them if they asked.. As far as family goes they all have their own phones.

Note 5 is DOPE

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Nobody would ever ask me to use my phone,, nor would I let them if they asked.. As far as family goes they all have their own phones.

Note 5 is DOPE

I don't actually use my Note5 in the bathroom, but I give people the impression that I use it while sitting on the toilet. Problem solved. Don't think anyone's brave enough to use my Note5 afterwards.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

It's 2015. I don't give a [language removed] what someone looks like and a person of any success should have their own phone. It sounds like you got tested and failed. But what I usually do what someone asks to use a phone is hand them a Verizon flip phone I carry for emergencies. It has no information of any kind on it and has a set amount of minutes on it. Either way, I don't lend something to anyone unless I'm 100% okay not getting it back. Headphones, a cheap battery pack, fine. But not my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
First of all, if it was for work purposes, being the COO, she would have her own work phone and a personal phone, most likely. If it was strictly to try out your Note 5,that's just plain rude.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha! All my family and friends are like me, smart and trustworthy, because that is how I roll. Any of them can use my phone whenever they want.

My niece and sister have fingerprints registered on my phone and know my password.

Finally, a decent response. What happened to simply being kind and courteous? I don't let strangers use my phone, but I let my friends and family handle my phone the second they ask. I care far more about my friends and family than I do about a damn phone. After all, it is replaceable. I know if any of my friends or family ruined it, they'd pay for a replacement on the spot. If they couldn't afford it, I can and I will buy another. I clean my phone with an alcohol swab every night as well as every time someone other than me handles it. I also clean it whenever I get home from being out in public where I have to touch doors, shelves, and products and then touch my phone. I'm highly germaphobic, but that's why God invented rubbing alcohol. As far as the S-Pen, the only person who has used the S-Pen in my Note 5 was my sister-in-law, who was using it to play a game. I simply explained the issue to her and advised her to please be careful and there was no problem whatsoever. She has a PhD in pharmacology, so I think she can handle inserting an S-Pen in correctly. Now, regarding private information such as text messages and pictures, none of my friends or family would be rude enough to go through another person's personal information. I wouldn't do it to them and they wouldn't do it to me.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Finally, a decent response. What happened to simply being kind and courteous? I don't let strangers use my phone, but I let my friends and family handle my phone the second they ask. I care far more about my friends and family than I do about a damn phone. After all, it is replaceable. I know if any of my friends or family ruined it, they'd pay for a replacement on the spot. If they couldn't afford it, I can and I will buy another. I clean my phone with an alcohol swab every night as well as every time someone other than me handles it. I also clean it whenever I get home from being out in public where I have to touch doors, shelves, and products and then touch my phone. I'm highly germaphobic, but that's why God invented rubbing alcohol. As far as the S-Pen, the only person who has used the S-Pen in my Note 5 was my sister-in-law, who was using it to play a game. I simply explained the issue to her and advised her to please be careful and there was no problem whatsoever. She has a PhD in pharmacology, so I think she can handle inserting an S-Pen in correctly. Now, regarding private information such as text messages and pictures, none of my friends or family would be rude enough to go through another person's personal information. I wouldn't do it to them and they wouldn't do it to me.

Exactly. If I can't trust a friend with my phone, I have much more important things I can't trust them with so they can't be my friend.

Now I'm not going to let some stranger on the street use it, great way for someone to steal a phone, have an emergency and ask a stranger or use their phone.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
If someone needed to make an emergency call MAYBE but other than that don't touch my phone! I never understand mom's that let their babies play with $800 phones. Not me. Sorry.

Posted via the Android Central App

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Note, but I generally do not let people look at my phone. I treat that as someone looking through my purse or wallet - it's a breach of privacy. It's not about what's on there, it's just about the issue of them having the potential to look through it if they wanted. I never look through my friends' or family members' phones, so I expect the same courtesy. Plus, all of my phones have been password protected, so I can at least leave it on a table and know no one can get into it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol