read/Delivered Message Notifications

SmokeyMcGee

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
For Me. I Have A Galaxy S7 Active For AT&T. 'Nd The Other Day, I Was Texting My Sister. 'Nd I Noticed Next To The Time Stamp It Was Saying "Delivered/Read". 'Nd Will Tell Me When She Is Typing Back. 'Nd I Started Going Thru My Other Texts, Lookin For It. 'Nd It's Not There On Any Of The Others. So, Actually; Just Like 15 Mins Ago. I Texted Her Sayin I Was Just Testing Something. 'Nd It Was Still There. I Told Her What I Was Testing. 'Nd She Said Her Phones Doing The Same Thing. Only My Texts Are Letting Her Know When I Read Or Am Typing. No One Elses. I Tried Testing It With My Mom To See If It Was Cause We're On The Same Plan; But It Was A Fail. Only Me 'Nd My Sister Are Getting It.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
For Me. I Have A Galaxy S7 Active For AT&T. 'Nd The Other Day, I Was Texting My Sister. 'Nd I Noticed Next To The Time Stamp It Was Saying "Delivered/Read". 'Nd Will Tell Me When She Is Typing Back. 'Nd I Started Going Thru My Other Texts, Lookin For It. 'Nd It's Not There On Any Of The Others. So, Actually; Just Like 15 Mins Ago. I Texted Her Sayin I Was Just Testing Something. 'Nd It Was Still There. I Told Her What I Was Testing. 'Nd She Said Her Phones Doing The Same Thing. Only My Texts Are Letting Her Know When I Read Or Am Typing. No One Elses. I Tried Testing It With My Mom To See If It Was Cause We're On The Same Plan; But It Was A Fail. Only Me 'Nd My Sister Are Getting It.
What? Lol

29marigrodrig

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
This is a new T Mobile thing. It's called Advanced Messaging. Just rolled out about 3 weeks ago. Right now...the new S6 Edge and the note 5 are the only devices that it works with...that's why it's works with your finances and dad's phones....no one's else right now. Will work with everyone in the future...this who are on T Mobile that is. Supposed to show you in real time when they read it and respond.

Posted via the Android Central App

Well, that isn't really true, because last week I put my daughter and friend on my Metro pcs Acct. And we all have Samsung phones, mine is Galaxy On5, and not sure what they got. But the delivery/read only shows up on texts that I sent to my friend. But my daughter's phone only shows delivered a couple of times. And sometimes it will show when my friend is texting back.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it can be inconsistent, on AT&T it is called advanced messaging. It is only available on certain phones, and I think it uses HD Voice service to make the connections. While I don't know the exact list of devices, pretty much anything older than 2015 Won't likely have it. Also not everything 2015 and newer has it. The Note 5 picked it up a while back as a firmware update.

LBGIRL

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Have you went into settings to see if option is on? You may need to click the box that says request delivery/read report

Susan Forney

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a ZTE old school type and boost is my carrier. Is there any way I could get an app or is there a way to get it on my phone. I need to find out if messages get ready.