read/Delivered Message Notifications

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Last Friday, myself, my fiance, & my dad all upgraded at T-Mobile. Both my dad & my fiance upgraded to the S6 Edge+. I upgraded to the Note 5. All 3 of us have had several Samsung Galaxies and Notes over the years. None of those ever showed read/delivered reports for us. While texting my fiance on Monday, I noticed by the time stamp on my sent texts, it was giving me a delivered/read report. I pointed it out to him & his was doing the same. Over the past few days, those notifications have come and gone. I have texted my Mom & Dad who are both on my plan & it didn't work with them. I have texted various friends who it did not work with. Why is it only working between our phones and only at certain times? I am trying to figure out if this feature is a T-Mobile or Samsung new feature & how to make it consistent. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via the Android Central App

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Last Friday, myself, my fiance, & my dad all upgraded at T-Mobile. Both my dad & my fiance upgraded to the S6 Edge+. I upgraded to the Note 5. All 3 of us have had several Samsung Galaxies and Notes over the years. None of those ever showed read/delivered reports for us. While texting my fiance on Monday, I noticed by the time stamp on my sent texts, it was giving me a delivered/read report. I pointed it out to him & his was doing the same. Over the past few days, those notifications have come and gone. I have texted my Mom & Dad who are both on my plan & it didn't work with them. I have texted various friends who it did not work with. Why is it only working between our phones and only at certain times? I am trying to figure out if this feature is a T-Mobile or Samsung new feature & how to make it consistent. Has anyone else experienced this?

This is a new T Mobile thing. It's called Advanced Messaging. Just rolled out about 3 weeks ago. Right now...the new S6 Edge and the note 5 are the only devices that it works with...that's why it's works with your finances and dad's phones....no one's else right now. Will work with everyone in the future...this who are on T Mobile that is. Supposed to show you in real time when they read it and respond.

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Man hopefully it at least asks if you want this future.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

From a parental perspective - it is a nice feature and similar to the iMessage I believe. (Why are you late? I didnt see your text message until just now. Bull**** It says right here you saw it 2 hours ago.)

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! I hadn't heard of this so I wasn't sure what was happening. It's awfully spotty right now. Some messages show it and some don't. I hope they will work out the bugs! It can be a handy feature.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I hadn't heard of this so I wasn't sure what was happening. It's awfully spotty right now. Some messages show it and some don't. I hope they will work out the bugs! It can be a handy feature.

Remember that it's a chat settings so it will show the additional information ONLY if the other person is on the chat screen also, if he or she goes away it doesn't even show anything, well, that was my conclusion after a couple of tests with one of my co-workers with an S6 edge.

I was in front of the 2 phones and I could noticed that if I stayed at the chat screen I could see the information, once one of the parties left, it misses that, somehow it made sense to me and it still does if you see it as a Chat and not as a regular messaging option, if you know what I mean.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I've tried the same with our phones and it didn't work. It seems like when it works best is when we are both at work when neither of us can have the messaging up constantly. I'm wondering if it has something to do with strength of network at work places. I don't know. Anyways, from what we have noticed, having the messaging screen up hasn't helped.

HISdesTINYation

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
This is a new T Mobile thing. It's called Advanced Messaging. Just rolled out about 3 weeks ago. Right now...the new S6 Edge and the note 5 are the only devices that it works with...that's why it's works with your finances and dad's phones....no one's else right now. Will work with everyone in the future...this who are on T Mobile that is. Supposed to show you in real time when they read it and respond.Posted via the Android Central App
My friend just brought a new phone ,"Galaxy prime", and I have an Edge 6. It only work with his phone. No one elses.

Last edited by a moderator:

kellybic88

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
This is a new T Mobile thing. It's called Advanced Messaging. Just rolled out about 3 weeks ago. Right now...the new S6 Edge and the note 5 are the only devices that it works with...that's why it's works with your finances and dad's phones....no one's else right now. Will work with everyone in the future...this who are on T Mobile that is. Supposed to show you in real time when they read it and respond.Posted via the Android Central App
My husbund and I haveI have a new Samsung Galaxy 7 and it shows on my cell when I text him but but not all the time. And every once in a while it happens on my son's samsung prime. But no one else's and we have 6 cells.And we have been with T-mobil 14 years.

Timothy Kingsley

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
This is definitely not exclusively a T-Mobile thing,I use Verizon with a galaxy note 4 and my messeages also say delivered,but recently all messages say sent but dont say delivered and everyone is telling me they arent getting my messages.

Muna Idris

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I have previously had a Samsung Galaxy s5 T-Mobile and earlier this year decided to upgrade to the s6. One day I was texting my little sister (she has the s7) and noticed that after I sent a message to her it said read. I told her about it and when I got home we both sent one another text messages and surely enough on both our phones, it said delivered/read. I also sent a text to my older sister (she has the s5) and she didn't have that feature on her phone. So I thought it was only for the s6 & s7 for that feature. Am I correct?

Badwolf711

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have previously had a Samsung Galaxy s5 T-Mobile and earlier this year decided to upgrade to the s6. One day I was texting my little sister (she has the s7) and noticed that after I sent a message to her it said read. I told her about it and when I got home we both sent one another text messages and surely enough on both our phones, it said delivered/read. I also sent a text to my older sister (she has the s5) and she didn't have that feature on her phone. So I thought it was only for the s6 & s7 for that feature. Am I correct?
I bought my mom a Samsung S5, my girlfriends son a Samsung J7 and I have the note 5. I get the delivered/read notifications from my mom and my girlfriends son. But not my girlfriend. She also has an S5 but is on Verizons prepaid company. Some other combinations that I haven't seen work... Tmobile nexus 6, note 4 and iphones. Sprint note 5. Also if I text myself it doesn't work. Apparently there is no rhyme or reason to this other than to make us all wonder! I work at Tmobile and have friends that work at big red and the death star (att). I will chat with them to see if we can't figure this out.

Mcirish87

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Well I have t-mobile.. And I have the Galaxy on 5&so does my bf and we are having this problem.. It worked for like a week or so than it just stopped... I called them not knowing what it's called but now I know it "advanced texting" whatever they said that they had no clue what I was talking about and after I explained it still couldn't answer me... Wish it would come back..

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Galaxy S6 from Verizon "stock" message ...
Delivered only shows when you are texting another Verizon user. That message only means it was delivered to the phone, not that it was opened or read.

In setting and Advance setting :

2016-11-18_12-19-31.jpg

2016-11-18_12-25-49.jpg

Inquisitive1

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 5, husband had a s7 edge, friend has a s7, other friend has a Samsung J something and my mom has s5. Different companies. We all see when each other's messages have been read. This can be turned off in settings menu

Attachments

• 7350.jpg
    7350.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 64