View Poll Results: Do you think Samsung will revamp the S6 and Note devices for 2016?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 47.83%
  • No

10 43.48%
  • Other (comment below)

2 8.70%
10-05-2015 10:12 AM
87 1234
tools
    The charging packs don't fit in my pocket like a battery. However I do have one and I use it (on plane flights for example). But I still fall back to my spare batteries under certain circumstances. There's no one size fits all solution . . . yet. I'm optimistic that better batteries and more efficient power management will narrow the gap further . . . until then . . . Hello LG V10?
    Yep pretty much -- Just have to go with what works. The V10 may (or G4). The only people it will really hurt is the ones who really want the S-Pen and removable.
    10-02-2015 02:31 PM
    I'm sure there are very small battery chargers. But at that point why wouldn't I just swap out the battery? And there's no lag time for charging. Again, there's no perfect solution. I say do what works for you. For some of us, swapping batteries is the solution.
    10-02-2015 04:00 PM
    Sounds like a rant post. "Myself and most others" you lost your credibility there. The note 5 it's the most popular of the Note series. I love it even more than my note 4.

You're allowed to have an opinionbut you're not allowed to make exaggerated claims.

Posted via the Android Central App
    stronggeek and kj11 like this.
    10-02-2015 04:24 PM
    Some case maker will probably come out with a battery case with an Sd card slot soon. Then everyone can be happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 06:55 PM
    Hellz yeah!
    10-02-2015 08:31 PM
    I think with any smartphone, especially if you can't plug in.

An external battery is a good investment.
    10-02-2015 09:08 PM
    I feel that complaining about the S6 and Note 5 seems to have gotten out of hand lately.
    10-02-2015 10:48 PM
    I feel that complaining about the S6 and Note 5 seems to have gotten out of hand lately.
    HA! While it is still bad, I was thinking it had settled down some. lol
    10-02-2015 10:50 PM
    HA! While it is still bad, I was thinking it had settled down some. lol
    It just feels like it's the same regurgitated crap all over.

Yes, the lack of an SD card slot and removable battery ARE legit concerns, but do we really need the same threads about it over and over?

I mean, there's a reason the LG G4 and LG V10 exists. Heck, the Note 4 is still available AFAIK.
    10-02-2015 10:52 PM
    It is the same stuff. I didn't think I would buy the Note 5, bit after having the S6 Edge for a bit, the lack of an SD card and the sealed battery were no big deal. I was already putting stuff on the cloud with my Note 4 and had erased it all off my SD card.
    10-02-2015 10:58 PM
    Sounds like a rant post. "Myself and most others" you lost your credibility there. The note 5 it's the most popular of the Note series. I love it even more than my note 4.

You're allowed to have an opinionbut you're not allowed to make exaggerated claims.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I beg to differ with you on the statement "the note 5 is the most popular"..IMO, not even close..

I am a Fanboy of Note 3 and Note 4, you couldn't PAY me to accept a Note 5.. Now, how can this phone be the most popular of the Note Series? Maybe to YOU it is, but in real life, the Note 5 is questionable. To prove both of our points, what are the sales figures on the Note 5, compared to Note 4, Note 3??

That would give us the true data to determine which is most popular.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-03-2015 12:27 PM
    Ok.. So don't buy a Note 5, no one will make you.

You hate the Note 5, we get that.

Actually in real life the phone isn't questionable. I find it is questionable to people that don't own it.
    kj11 and debdroid1a like this.
    10-03-2015 12:36 PM
    I beg to differ with you on the statement "the note 5 is the most popular"..IMO, not even close..

I am a Fanboy of Note 3 and Note 4, you couldn't PAY me to accept a Note 5.. Now, how can this phone be the most popular of the Note Series? Maybe to YOU it is, but in real life, the Note 5 is questionable. To prove both of our points, what are the sales figures on the Note 5, compared to Note 4, Note 3??

I currently have the Note 5 and I also had a Note 3. In real life the Note 5 has better battery life, better SPen features, better screen, better camera, charges infinitely faster and feels better in the hand. You got what, a battery you can take out? Cool, have fun with that.
    debdroid1a and fastpitch_dad like this.
    10-03-2015 01:54 PM
    To prove both of our points, what are the sales figures on the Note 5, compared to Note 4, Note 3??

None of this year's non-Apple flagships have or will sell more than their predecessors. LG made $173K last quarter and Lenovo/Motorola, Sony, and HTC each lost hundreds of millions of dollars. Samsung made $2B on mobile devices alone last quarter. They actually sold more phones YOY but made less revenue and profit because emerging markets buy mid-range phones.

Think of all the phablet choices available now to capture a piece of the market. Add in that Western markets have matured and quasi-flagships with 80% of the features are selling for 50-75% of the price of traditional flagships.

So no, the S6/S6+/Note won't sell as well as last year. Imagine if Samsung released another round of plastic peel-off backed derivative phones. Do you think that and pandering to the small percentage of people hung up on expandable storage would have left them in a better place? I don't. They lost some customers in persuit of a broader base. I had the phone's you did and don't put them anywhere near being in the same league as the Note 5. But I'm not as hung up on the omissions as much as some here are. So Samsung's change of direction is fine by me. It's refreshing actually.
    debdroid1a and kj11 like this.
    10-03-2015 02:42 PM

In case any manufacturers, distributors, or marketing agencies are seeing this, I CAN be paid to carry ANY phone if the price is right. Yes, I can be bought.
    10-03-2015 05:21 PM
    I currently have the Note 5 and I also had a Note 3. In real life the Note 5 has better battery life, better SPen features, better screen, better camera, charges infinitely faster and feels better in the hand. You got what, a battery you can take out? Cool, have fun with that.
    Few things in life give me more pleasure than changing the depleted battery in my phone and seeing the crisp "100%" in my battery indicator. No plugging in, no portable chargers, no waiting. One or two minutes to power cycle the phone and exchange batteries . . . and off we go!
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-03-2015 05:26 PM
    A lot of things in life give me more pleasure than anything to do with my cell phone lol
    debdroid1a, fastpitch_dad and kj11 like this.
    10-03-2015 05:35 PM

To prove both of our points, what are the sales figures on the Note 5, compared to Note 4, Note 3??

lets compare the note5 sales AFTER the note6 comes out, thats the only way to truly figure out which one sold more, not at this point.....the 3 & 4 have been out for YEARS at this point. that is TRUE DATA.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-03-2015 06:58 PM
    A lot of things in life give me more pleasure than anything to do with my cell phone lol
    Yeah, I'll go with that!
    10-03-2015 07:48 PM
    Few things in life give me more pleasure than changing the depleted battery in my phone and seeing the crisp "100%" in my battery indicator. No plugging in, no portable chargers, no waiting. One or two minutes to power cycle the phone and exchange batteries . . . and off we go!
    Yikes.

I don't think you're making the point you think you are. You need to get out more...
    10-03-2015 07:59 PM
    I finally jumped to the Note 5 (still in my 14 day window) from the Note 4 and 3 and 2 before it. I recently did some traveling and used a spare battery on both days of flying with my Note 4. I will certainly miss that convenience. The darn glass back of the Note 5 is so slippery, I am pretty sure I will drop it at some point so that bothers me as well (hate cases when part of the pleasure of the phone is how thin it is and the premium build). But, the 5 is so much faster and responsive. It is pure pleasure almost all the time. I too love the 2% to 100% of a battery change but it is so few and far between in my normal day to day living that I would rather have the constant pleasure of immediate response from my phone every time I use it.

I haven't made the final commitment to keep the Note 5 but I don't think I can go back to the slower responding Note 4. That will likely be my VR toy now I guess.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 08:28 PM
    I finally jumped to the Note 5 (still in my 14 day window) from the Note 4 and 3 and 2 before it. I recently did some traveling and used a spare battery on both days of flying with my Note 4. I will certainly miss that convenience. The darn glass back of the Note 5 is so slippery, I am pretty sure I will drop it at some point so that bothers me as well (hate cases when part of the pleasure of the phone is how thin it is and the premium build). But, the 5 is so much faster and responsive. It is pure pleasure almost all the time. I too love the 2% to 100% of a battery change but it is so few and far between in my normal day to day living that I would rather have the constant pleasure of immediate response from my phone every time I use it.

I haven't made the final commitment to keep the Note 5 but I don't think I can go back to the slower responding Note 4. That will likely be my VR toy now I guess.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Just remember, as you use it the battery seems to settle on and get better and better.

You can also get some very good battery packs that will do 3 to 4 full charges before needing to be recharged, for under $30. They are also fast charge.

I never had lag issues with my Note 4, but when I go back and use it now, it seems so very slow.
    10-03-2015 08:32 PM
    Yikes.

I don't think you're making the point you think you are. You need to get out more...
    LOL, I travel . . . a lot . . . in and out of the country. I see more cell phone charging shenanigans than most. So my point of view is a bit different.
    plumcrazy and kj11 like this.
    10-03-2015 09:13 PM
    In a poll a few weeks after the Note 5 was introduced, most people said that if the Note 4 and Note 5 were introduced at the same time, they would purchase a Note 4:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/pho...ml#post4675903

So I guess the Original Poster is not alone in his sentiments. In fact, I share them. My thing is that I don't think Samsung is going to change.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-03-2015 10:01 PM
    Yeah I find most people trashing the Note 5 haven't owned it or used more than a retail version at a store for a few minutes.
    10-03-2015 10:02 PM
87 1234