View Poll Results: Do you think Samsung will revamp the S6 and Note devices for 2016?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 47.83%
  • No

10 43.48%
  • Other (comment below)

2 8.70%
10-05-2015 10:12 AM
87 ... 234
tools
    My gear 2 and Samsung Smart TV kind of hook me to Sammy.
    You my kinda guy/gal!!

I am locked in to Sammy too, Gear 1,2, and now Gear S, Tab S, 60 inch Sammy Smart TV,
    and my beloved Note 4, and that works flawslessly with my Gear S.

BTW, I am passing on the Gear S2 too.. IMO, Samsung, went backwards with the Note 5, and Gear S2..

Well, we can't win them all, we will just stay winners with what we got, save money,and wait for the next Sammy offererings, which hopefully will be better than these last 2...
    10-05-2015 04:49 AM
    Not being a nit picker, but that gizmo is EXTRA BULK.. Who wants gizmos hanging off the side of their phones? Plus, there is the danger of loss, falling off and other damage.. Whereas, the internal sd card, is safely inside, no bulk, and 256, and 512 sd cards are on the horizon. The 200gb sd cards are here now, but price high..

I keep a ton of flac music files, hd movies, personal vids, pictures all on my 128gb sd card.

The cloud, IMO, is not all that good as far as security, and the extra moves to get to it.

There are different schools on thought on this subject, and it boils down to the user's needs.

What works for you, doesn't work for me, and visa versa, and we all be correct..

I am staying with the Note 4, and they really couldn't pay me to get a Note 5, even if it was free, an they paid me too..
    Evidently the people that made the case with the SD card found out, most people are fine without the SD card. They aren't making one for the Note 5 because the one for the S6 didn't sell at all.

What people keep saying about SD cards and batteries on Android Central, is being proven not true for the market.
    10-05-2015 06:11 AM
    BTW, are the sales data for the Note 5 out yet? Comparing sales data of the Note 4 to the Note 5, would give a good pulse on the what the buying public has to say about these two phones, and the results wouldn't be biased, just plain facts..
    The Note 5 will sell fewer units than the Note 4; especially with Samsung's decision to limit sales geographically. Regardless, no high-end flagship has/will sell as well YOY due to market changes which were discussed previously.

The question to ask is what sales would have been had Samsung not done something radical and released yet another in a series of derivative phones.
    10-05-2015 06:38 AM
    The Note 4 had Wireless Charging....you just had to change the back to a Samsung back that accommodated wireless charging )or the many others who made similar products).....
    Had they released the Note 5 with 128K memory...... that would have helped....
    He'd the made the improvements to 5.1.1 and software upgrades for the pen portion on the Note 4....ok.

But the clicker on the pen sucks, 64 gig sucks, & I already had wireless charging & quick charging if I plugged it straight in.

How soon until the Note 6 arrives ???
    cnotes63 likes this.
    10-05-2015 06:48 AM
    What makes anyone here think the Note 6 is going to revive expandable storage or removable batteries?

Removable batteries require a removable back cover which requires a flexible material. That means plastic which was the number one gripe about the design/build of Samsung's previous phones. Look at the LG G4 and V10. You can cover the plastic in leather, make it pretty colors, and add paterns to it but it's still a limiting design that doesn't provide the perceived quality of glass or metal. So I doubt Samsung's going back to plastic for their high end devices.

Look at this chart and ponder the performance impact of a SD card used for secondary storage.

Samsung moved to UFS while most phones (including the Nexus 6P) are on eMMC 5.0. If a device supports external storage the UI and apps need to query it whenever file or content choices are displayed to the user. It's also where the largest files are stored (EG: Raw, FLAC, games, video) so the biggest I/O need is being served by the poorest performing storage options. So an SD card is the lowest common denominator and drastically reduces I/O performance. None of that won't be true when the Note 6 comes out. There are dual SIM Note 5's and the second SIM slot means there was room to accomodate an external SD card. So clearly Samsung's choice to eliminate it was performance based. That and they make more as people buy-up in terms of internal storage capacity. I don't see it coming back to Samsung's flagships but do see 128GB and maybe 256GB as options.
    10-05-2015 08:00 AM
    The Note 4 had Wireless Charging....you just had to change the back to a Samsung back that accommodated wireless charging )or the many others who made similar products).....
    Had they released the Note 5 with 128K memory...... that would have helped....
    He'd the made the improvements to 5.1.1 and software upgrades for the pen portion on the Note 4....ok.

But the clicker on the pen sucks, 64 gig sucks, & I already had wireless charging & quick charging if I plugged it straight in.

Oh really 64 gb sucks because why? I have plenty of storage left. I could have done with a 32gb

I don't store on my phone nor ever just an SD card.

SD cards fail, all the time, phones stop working, phones are broken, phones are stolen.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 What was Samsung thinking?!-1444052937055.jpg  
    plumcrazy likes this.
    10-05-2015 08:49 AM
    To get back on topic...No I don't think Samsung will go back to SD cards for the S7 or the Note 6. Schematics and prototypes are most liekly already underway. The first phone I will expect a change will be the S8, and even then, that is questionable.
    10-05-2015 09:08 AM
    To get back on topic...No I don't think Samsung will go back to SD cards for the S7 or the Note 6. Schematics and prototypes are most liekly already underway. The first phone I will expect a change will be the S8, and even then, that is questionable.
    Don't forget that their mid-market and lower phones still have removable backs, replaceable batteries, and expandable storage. It's economic because they ship cheaper phones with as little of 8GB of storage to keep costs down and margin up and pass the cost of storage on to the purchaser. With Samsung’s market share they appear to be disregarding LG's high end efforts (their market share is 4% and every other high-end Android OEM is lower) and squarely aiming for Apple in terms of design and usability. We'll see where that gets them.
    10-05-2015 09:48 AM
    Yes they have plenty of phones with SD cards and removable batteries.

Those are two things I thought would be deal breakers for me, they aren't after using the phone day to day.
    10-05-2015 09:57 AM
    I do concrete construction and usually working next to various others grinding concrete or some other highly dusty material. Constantly getting covered in concrete.. considering its bad work ethics to be on the phone all the time.. GPS does work in your pocket. I have a case with padding to protect the glass. Have had no problems with the note. Just sounds like another apple fan boy that heard android is where it's at and after putting down his iPhone 6s in trade for a note just doesn't know how to handle expensive things? . I'll work hvac all day vs concrete construction when it comes to keeping my cellphone safe... another point is that your only real point is the storage. Well you can have your 260 gigs of space that takes your old phone 4x times longer to read than the 64gig 2.0.. so in all fairness.. your just complaining. Go get your money back instead of putting the note5 to shame
    10-05-2015 09:59 AM
    Not being a nit picker, but that gizmo is EXTRA BULK.. Who wants gizmos hanging off the side of their phones? Plus, there is the danger of loss, falling off and other damage.. Whereas, the internal sd card, is safely inside, no bulk, and 256, and 512 sd cards are on the horizon. The 200gb sd cards are here now, but price high..

I keep a ton of flac music files, hd movies, personal vids, pictures all on my 128gb sd card.

The cloud, IMO, is not all that good as far as security, and the extra moves to get to it.

There are different schools on thought on this subject, and it boils down to the user's needs.

What works for you, doesn't work for me, and visa versa, and we all be correct..

I am staying with the Note 4, and they really couldn't pay me to get a Note 5, even if it was free, an they paid me too..
    Of course it's extra and fwiw it fits nicely into the USB port on the bottom not the side. Is there a chance of loosing it.. I haven't yet and I have mine on my car key ring and as snug as it fits inside the supplied case it's not going to fall out anytime soon.

I have a ton of music movies files all on my SD cards too and when larger ones come out I'll use them too. The cloud is there for my usage as a additional backup only since I don't stream anything, not with over 500 cds 800 DVD and 400 Blu-ray movies and 400 vinyls so I use my SD cards all the time. It is more convenient to have it installed inside on some phones others not so much.. But this gizmo is used by countless people who don't have a choice.... And that's all this is... a choice.

You wouldn't have one even if it were free and they paid you... Good for you... I am happy you are happy with your note 4.. But being closed minded and refusing to enjoy the Note 5 is your loss and yours alone

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5
    10-05-2015 10:01 AM
    Apparently over the weekend we forgot about the prior conversations and decided to go deep into trolling again. Guys, the report button ... when people are not following the rules, press it.
    10-05-2015 10:12 AM
87 ... 234