Very concerning screen issue. Anyone else?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed something pretty horrifying with my screen. I have my brightness set on about what, 15 to 20 percent with the auto option checked.

I was scrolling through my (dark theme) Twitter app and noticed some weird black lines deep under my screen with a couple dots of black Concerned, I tried opening another dark theme app so I opened Spotify and the same blemishes were in the same spots. These were on the top 3rd of the screen or so. A couple weird lines almost like thin brush strokes or cat scratch size and a couple dots. It's almost like what I would presume would happen with burn-in on a TV or a magnet or something.

When I turned brightness all the way up? It went away. The issue isn't even showing on a light background with brightness low like I usually keep it. It's like it's almost a deep, embedded issue within the screen like 8 layers deep or something. The more I turn brightness up the less evident it is until again, as I said, it goes away with the brightness 100 percent.

I literally just noticed a half hour or so ago. Only visible on dark background with low brightness. It's really distracting now that I know and it's awful to have a screen on such an expensive, awesome device having such an issue.

I haven't dropped or hit my phone and I've got a case on it. No scratches or cracks or anything like that on the front or back of the phone. Could something like this just appear out of nowhere especially in only such a specific circumstance with everything being immaculate in other brightness levels/apps?

What the hell? Anyone else experiencing this? What could I possibly do about it? I'm past 14 days with Sprint.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking but I don't know. Just as another "test" I turned on the light in my room too and was seeing the same thing in the brightness level situations.

It may very well be the case. Hopefully others know.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a defect. Many people have reported it. Others (such as me) don't have it at all, regardless of lighting conditions or screen settings.

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Did a quick check of mine and I don't see anything like you are describing.
Sounds like a warranty item .... :-!

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Gary, is there a thread or something where it's being discussed? I didn't quite know how to do a search for the issue given the vague descriptors.

Wondering if anyone else can chime in as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781