AT&T Note 5 Bluetooth Battery Drain

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having high battery drain with bluetooth on? I have a Wear device and a fitness band paired with my Note 5, so I would prefer to leave bluetooth on, at least during the day. But, with bluetooth on, I'm getting around 5-7%/hr drain when idle, even if the devices aren't paired. As soon as I turn bluetooth off, battery drain drops to less than 1%/hr.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Yup I notice it while my phone is paired with my Silverado truck.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you turn bluetooth on when you want to connect to your truck, and have it off otherwise, or do you always leave it on? I'm seeing the drain anytime BT is on, regardless if a device is paired. Sucks if that's the norm for this device. I didn't have any noticeable bluetooth battery drain on my previous device (LG G3).

Thanks!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I normally turn bt off when not using it. I see no reason to have things on 24/7 when I don't need it on.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

schwartzki

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Also having this issue. Having a AndroidWear device having bluetooth off kinda defeats the purpose of the device. My drain is about 10%/hr with bluetooth on. 2-3% with it off.

Yes my battery life on my Note is horrendous and I dont know why.

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Also having this issue. Having a AndroidWear device having bluetooth off kinda defeats the purpose of the device. My drain is about 10%/hr with bluetooth on. 2-3% with it off.

Yes my battery life on my Note is horrendous and I dont know why.

I agree on it defeating the purpose. I'm thinking about creating some Tasker profiles/tasks to just turn on BT every couple of hours (for 5 mins or so) during the day so my Wear watch and fitness band can sync. Still wouldn't have phone calls and other notifications immediately display on watch, which sucks. To help alleviate phone calls, I may set up some group ringtones.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm also on AT&T, with no bluetooth/battery issues.

I leave my bluetooth on 24/7... it syncs all day with my Fitbit Charge HR, syncs with my Bowflex Max Trainer after every workout, and connects to my Equinox whenever I'm in the car.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante