09-09-2016 04:37 AM
45 12
tools
    first time using this , i had the same problem for three days i refused to hard reset...tried everything i thank that beautiful lady who said to remove the google two step verification.....try that...it worked for me . hope the same for anyone else...thank you very much
    01-16-2016 12:30 AM
    i want to thank you..... it worked for me, i was so against the hard reset for 3 days..tried the turning off of the 2 step verification and it worked...im sooooooo happy...
    01-16-2016 12:33 AM
    Happened to me once after I took an Uber to the middle of nowhere. I was able to text my bro through my Moto 360 to figure out how to resolve this issue. Unfortunately all that could be done was a hard reset. I was not pleased
    01-16-2016 07:53 PM
    This has happened to me twice and once for my ex-wife. The first time it happened I was Christmas shopping and figured I'll deal with when I got home. Ended being a 2 hour process as I didn't recall my backup password and my Google password wasn't working likely due to the two factor authentication. Ended up wiping my phone and still at that point couldnt complete the process since two factor was configured on my account. Luckily I used my backup code from Google and configured my work phone and got in.

Second time it happened my backup password worked. But it seems more or less a sofware issue.
    01-17-2016 09:04 AM
    Have you tried a simple device reboot?
    01-17-2016 09:44 AM
    I tried simple reset, but did not work. Now if I do a hard reset, will it erase all my pictures, SMS, and videos?

Could I sing up with some Samsung service, anything, to unlock my Note 5?
    01-17-2016 11:03 PM
    I also tried to unlock thru my Google Device Manager function, but now says, "Locked by Android Device Manager," what do I do, can I unlock it thru Device Manager? How?
    01-17-2016 11:07 PM
    UPDATE & Good News:

During my frantic search I logged onto my Google account from my desktop trying to find a way out. I got the screen where it said to lock phone in order to enter a new password. I did that and I entered a new password. When I tried the new password, phone would not take it. After a few failed attempts, I kept on entering the "new" password which I had set up thru "Lock Phone to Enter a New Password." I entered that password repeatedly every time I got "Incorrect Password" or something to that effect. After 3 attempts, I think, I was promoted to enter my Google account info, email address and password, and those I knew. After I entered that info, the screen unlocked and I was prompted to select a new security method, but I declined, and now my phone works without a need to enter a fingerprint, password, or the pattern. I'll set that up once I feel more comfortable and the pain of this experience has lifted

How do I make sure this does not happen again? I guess I don't mind doing a hard reset if I had a way to save my pictures, texts, and stuff like that. I hope this is not a device problem. Will Marsh-mellow resolve this type of a problem? When will they release it? THANKS
    01-18-2016 12:33 AM
    Had the same problem yesterday and spent 2 hours on forums and with Samsung chat and Sprint chat and Best Buy hold and then Sprint Store. After trying everything known to man, even trying two things posted here on this string....a different screen came up which gave the option of logging into my google account-- it said after 5 tries of the attempts at the backup password login's! It worked!!! However it seems like I did it closer to 15 times. So I would suggest before wiping the phone and losing all your photos and stuff...continue a large number of attempts to log in. Blessings, phil
    01-19-2016 07:26 AM
    Im not in the USA and it happened to me , I think it's because I'm not connect to my cellular company if so I'm going to let them know this is unacceptable
    01-19-2016 10:10 AM
    My Note 5 doesn't recognize my fingerprint anymore...
    01-19-2016 08:16 PM
    I am experiencing this problem and it's giving me a headache. Unlike most of you, my note 5 is disconnected from wifi or mobile data so that eliminates samsung find my mobile route and google route. I don't want to perform a factory reset because that's another headache as I haven't backed up all of my files in my phone. Help!
    01-24-2016 04:50 AM
    I am experiencing this problem and it's giving me a headache. Unlike most of you, my note 5 is disconnected from wifi or mobile data so that eliminates samsung find my mobile route and google route. I don't want to perform a factory reset because that's another headache as I haven't backed up all of my files in my phone. Help!
    It happened to me last week. And it gave me the option of using my Google sign on to get in. Try that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2016 05:50 PM
    My Note 5 doesn't recognize my fingerprint anymore...
    Did you resolve it? I was able to use my Google sign in to get in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2016 05:52 PM
    Disabling the 2 step authentication in my Google account helped me.... Was able to go in and reset my fingerprints and backup password on the Note 5..I hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence.
    01-29-2016 02:43 PM
    i tried what you had mentioned but its not working. Again it asks for backup password. what should i do now? plz help me out recovering
    02-13-2016 03:14 AM
    Omg thank you so so so so much!!!! It really works!! It really did!!! Double thumbs up for you!!!
    03-21-2016 01:48 AM
    So this brings up the question, what steps should your average, everyday user perform or how should your phone be configured so that in the event of a factory reset or replacement phone, your phone can be easily restored to correct working?

Anyone had this issue... suddenly my new Note 5 which has been working perfect since i got it says unable to recognize any of my 4 fingerprints, it prompts me to enter backup password which i know what it is and it wont take it, it then asks me to sign in via Google, again i put in my Google creds and it still says invalid password! WTF! Never seen this happen before, even with ADM i set a new lock code and that does nothing.
    Last thing i want to do is factory wipe the phone, set it up again which will take forever, then have this happen again, defective phone???
    _-Technologytwitt-_
    05-24-2016 05:56 AM
    If you have the Samsung Find My Device turned on you can unlock it at Samsung.com

Also OrangeGal is correct, if you have two step authentication on you have to turn that off.

The factory reset is no different than getting a S6E+ a new phone or a reset have to be set back up all the same.
    Just encountered this same problem today with my Note5! And thank goodness for folks who share their experiences here.

First I tried the two step authentication in my Google, but realised I hadn't turned it on in the first place.

Then I called Samsung, and it was solved with Samsung Find My Device, with the unlock device function in there. Not that difficult with Find My Device – after I found my login credentials for my Samsung account.

Phew!
    08-27-2016 11:31 PM
    Anyone had this issue... suddenly my new Note 5 which has been working perfect since i got it says unable to recognize any of my 4 fingerprints, it prompts me to enter backup password which i know what it is and it wont take it, it then asks me to sign in via Google, again i put in my Google creds and it still says invalid password! WTF! Never seen this happen before, even with ADM i set a new lock code and that does nothing.
    Last thing i want to do is factory wipe the phone, set it up again which will take forever, then have this happen again, defective phone???
    Hi , i not sure this work to other but i worked. My note 5 cannot recognise my pin and fingerprint.
    I do follow the forum to wipe cache and restart.
    After restart, go to setting > pin code entering> and keep in what your pin code last set but still wrong! !!!!!!!!!!
    In the pin code keep in interface, i keep press the ENTER repeating!!!!! Surprised , it allow me go in !!!
    09-09-2016 04:37 AM
45 12