09-09-2016 04:37 AM
45 12
tools
    Anyone had this issue... suddenly my new Note 5 which has been working perfect since i got it says unable to recognize any of my 4 fingerprints, it prompts me to enter backup password which i know what it is and it wont take it, it then asks me to sign in via Google, again i put in my Google creds and it still says invalid password! WTF! Never seen this happen before, even with ADM i set a new lock code and that does nothing.
    Last thing i want to do is factory wipe the phone, set it up again which will take forever, then have this happen again, defective phone???
    10-02-2015 06:38 PM
    What carrier do you have?
    10-02-2015 06:47 PM
    This has to be at least the 3rd story I've read of this occurring.
    debdroid1a and mariusfilip like this.
    10-02-2015 07:20 PM
    Anyone had this issue... suddenly my new Note 5 which has been working perfect since i got it says unable to recognize any of my 4 fingerprints, it prompts me to enter backup password which i know what it is and it wont take it, it then asks me to sign in via Google, again i put in my Google creds and it still says invalid password! WTF! Never seen this happen before, even with ADM i set a new lock code and that does nothing.
    Last thing i want to do is factory wipe the phone, set it up again which will take forever, then have this happen again, defective phone???
    Also you might want to call Samsung.
    10-02-2015 07:38 PM
    Long shot...but:

Try entering recovery, wipe cache partition, then reboot and try again. Wiping cache partition will not delete any files.

POWER OFF
    PRESS>HOME, VOLUME UP & SLEEP/WAKE BUTTONS AT THE SAME TIME (ENTERS RECOVERY). SELECT WIPE CACHE PARTITION THEN REBOOT.
    Tommy Bayshore likes this.
    10-03-2015 12:47 AM
    And to confirm, you can log into your Google\Gmail account online, right? Hence confirming that you're using the correct Google account password...
    10-03-2015 06:01 AM
    Verizon is carrier, yes, when i try to log into Google via my computer it works fine, other than that im locked out
    10-03-2015 06:44 AM
    Weird. Reset to factory. Once done, most of your apps etc. will auto install after you log into the device with your Google account. Also, if you use Nova Prime and backed up your settings, those would be restored...
    10-03-2015 06:51 AM
    Im not factory resetting, takes me forever to restore my settings and find things such as custom sounds, if i have to do that im taking this POS back and getting the S6 Edge +. This sucks!!
    10-03-2015 07:39 AM
    Im not factory resetting, takes me forever to restore my settings and find things such as custom sounds, if i have to do that im taking this POS back and getting the S6 Edge +. This sucks!!
    ***Just poking some fun!***

So you won't reset, because you'll have to go through the complete reset of all you stuff. (to which will probably fix your issue), but you'll bring an awesome phone back, only to have to redo all of your settings, on another awesome phone?! :-D

Now that's out the way....the Edge + is an AWESOME PHONE, so you can't go wrong on that decision, either way, you'll end up with a great phone!
    10-03-2015 08:05 AM
    If you had device manager activated you can reset password that way just act like phone is lost.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 08:22 AM
    I'm LMAO...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    mariusfilip likes this.
    10-03-2015 08:53 AM
    I feel like if im gonna go through the headache of setting up a new phone all over i myswell get a "new phone", ive always liked the 6+ Edge but just realized that the 6+ Edge is only 32GB so that scraps that idea... also when using ADM i can set a lock code, but then the phone just says "unlock" on the screen which does nothing, no matter where i touch it, i have to shut the phone off then when it comes back on its at the normal lock screen, then immediately says fingerprint failed put in backup pass, at that point i put in my backup pass and also have tried the one i set with ADM and that doesn't work. This thing is defective, not going to spend all this time setting up this phone just to have it happen again. I've had Note's for years, my favorite phone but this is a PITA!
    H3aTeRzz and debdroid1a like this.
    10-03-2015 10:18 AM
    What do you mean the S6E+ is only 32 mb? It comes in 64 mb as well.

But even if you trade it in for a new Note 5 or you trade it in for a new S6E+ you will have to reset it first.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    10-03-2015 10:30 AM
    If you had device manager activated you can reset password that way just act like phone is lost.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Tried that, didn't work...
    11-20-2015 01:47 PM
    They are the same exact phone aside from the S Pen. I'm confused on how that would be better than swapping for another Note?
    11-20-2015 02:33 PM
    Because i kind of liked the Spen
    11-20-2015 03:09 PM
    You just gonna have a similar issue on the s6 edge+ as well. Its a software issue not a hardware issue.

Just try the wipe cache and see if it works.
    11-24-2015 07:53 PM
    I would also try booting the phone in safe mode and clearing some security credentials as well. See if that works
    11-24-2015 07:55 PM
    HI, I had this problem yesterday. I, too, could not use my backup Google sign in after many invalid backup password entries...until I went into Google and disabled my 2-step verification process.

THEN, it allowed me to open my device and redo my fingerprints. I hope that you have been able to get your Note5 working. Just thought that I would post that I read your post and all the responses, and not of them worked for me (and they were worth a try). I do love the Note5 and hope that it does not go on the fingerprint blink again!
    isaiah kun likes this.
    01-07-2016 01:34 PM
    If you have the Samsung Find My Device turned on you can unlock it at Samsung.com

Also OrangeGal is correct, if you have two step authentication on you have to turn that off.

The factory reset is no different than getting a S6E+ a new phone or a reset have to be set back up all the same.
    01-07-2016 05:30 PM
    There is definitely something to this. I could not PIN unlock my phone yesterday am (NOTE 4). I unlocked the phone using my Samsung Account. I reset the PIN. When the phone locked again the New PIN would not unlock it. I tried the process again I set the PIN to 1234 just to ensure it was not an error on my part. Again could not unlock phone. Went on to Samsung again to unlock the phone. Set a pattern password and it works. PIN and Password lock the phone permanently.

I have a colleague who has a S6 and she had the exact same issue as in the original Thread and not with PIN like myself. I am in the same situation and would prefer not to factory reset.
    01-08-2016 07:50 AM
    Anyone thought maybe they have done these phones the same way RIM did blackberry? If it can't connect to a server then it won't unlock. Crazy I know but sure sounds like that very thing. Had my son's iPhone 5s do this crap and had to go off on apple. I said call the a hole linked to the Apple account and tell him I stole the phone and hung up. He actually called the number and I answered a hole how can I help you! He remote unlocked it. If Apple has it you can bet samsung does too.
    01-08-2016 08:19 AM
    Anyone thought maybe they have done these phones the same way RIM did blackberry? If it can't connect to a server then it won't unlock. Crazy I know but sure sounds like that very thing. Had my son's iPhone 5s do this crap and had to go off on apple. I said call the a hole linked to the Apple account and tell him I stole the phone and hung up. He actually called the number and I answered a hole how can I help you! He remote unlocked it. If Apple has it you can bet samsung does too.
    It isn't a Samsung lock.
    01-08-2016 01:11 PM
    Wow...I had been looking for this and didn't see anything. 2 months ago we went out of the country to a Caribbean Island and the first night this happened, wouldn't take fingerprint and/or PIN. I ended up believing that because we had been traveling all day, had a few drinks, it was 100% humid and then jumped on the hotel wifi that I got hacked or something. Ended up doing a factory reset and found that everything was ok when I checked all my accounts the next day. I switch phones all the time so it was not "that" big a deal, but I thought it was me. Now I know it wasn't. Thanks for posting.
    01-08-2016 03:04 PM
45 12