Is the note 5 worth up grade from the note r

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am torn whether to up grade from the note 4 to the note 5. I know the specs look good but the note 4 has good specs to. I guess I am asking the ones that have upgraded from the note 4 to the note 5 still think it is worth the money after you have had time to use the note 5 ? I also don't think the reception on my Note 4 is not quiet as good as my wife's S5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This is a tough one considering how wonderful the Note 4 was for me - my best phone to date.

The two concerns commonly shared about the Note 5 have been a non issue for me - the sealed non removable battery and storage.

IMHO, there are simply too many work arounds on the storage, so that's a non issue, at least for me.

I was pretty concerned about the battery size and inability to pop in a second fresh battery, which I did daily with my Note 4.

However, the Samsung folks have really maximized the processing on the Note 5, and with a deliberate change in my own charging habits, the wonderful fast charging (in the car, plugged outlet and my fast charge wireless pads) and a fast charge beautiful external battery, the battery issue is now a non issue for me.

In return, I have the best form factor feel I have ever experienced in a phone (even better than my beloved HTC's), a incredible fast access camera, and a much much more responsive Note 5 than what seems a much slower Note 4. The screen speaks for itself.

I was worried that I should upgrade but have never looked back. If you decide to, I hope you feel the same way.

Good luck with your decision !!!

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from the Note 4 to the Note 5 and am 100% happy with my decision. I loved my Note 4, but LOVE the Note 5. It runs and feels so much smoother to me. I have barely been able to put it down since upgrading a week ago. The Note 5 so far is my most favorite phone I have had so far.

ELavar

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The switch is worth it, if the money isn't a problem. It feels so much better in the hand, is faster, supports Samsung Pay, etc. I can go on, but my opinion is that it is a worthy upgrade and I have absolutely no regrets.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
its definitely a better device IMO but its not worlds apart better. the lack of removable battery is the single only thing i dont like about it. If money isnt a problem for you, go for it. otherwise hang on for the note 6 IMO

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As "climb" and the others have stated, "well worth the upgrade". I hadn't planned on switching due to cost, etc., but I switched from Verizon to AT&T and that was my "in". Once I spent a week with it, I now know that I should have done it even if I stayed with Verizon. I loved the Note 4 but this Note 5 is unbelievable!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to agree with everyone else here so far, great device. I upgraded from the Note 4 and have no regrets, 5 is faster and so smooth. I believe you will not be sorry.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yup it's worth it My Note 4 i put it away in the box will not sell it, will keep it as a backup just incase since it's the Last Note Series with removable battery and sdcard slot, but the Note 5 is very impressive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12