Tell me about Samsung's software

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I like my Android phones the way Google likes it and with only the necessary apps installed. Therefore Moto X and Nexi are my only options. But now the Galaxy line have the arguably the best cameras on the market something my usually choices lack. So considering the Note 5 as my next upgrade here are my questions.

1. What extra stuff does Samsung install.
2. Can it be uninstalled?
3. What's running in memory normally.

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
gmail and facebook are system apps....meaning they cant be uninstalled only disabled (unless rooted).....i'd prefer older versions of them.....also as they are system apps, especially facebook, you cannot greenify them (unless rooted)...its forced me to disable and use tinfoil for facebook

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I like my Android phones the way Google likes it and with only the necessary apps installed. Therefore Moto X and Nexi are my only options. But now the Galaxy line have the arguably the best cameras on the market something my usually choices lack. So considering the Note 5 as my next upgrade here are my questions.

1. What extra stuff does Samsung install.
2. Can it be uninstalled?
3. What's running in memory normally.

From my perspective, most of the Samsung software is designed to allow the full use of the Spen and multitasking to its full extent. Something none of the Google apps don't have. They also provide a lot of features that make using the phone as a work tool a joy. Since I don't use social media I simply disable those programs and a few others I will never use. I don't bother with rooting even if available any more (since S3) as I have no interest in custom ROMs.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Buy it, load package disabler, profit... Your Welcome

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000