I like my Android phones the way Google likes it and with only the necessary apps installed. Therefore Moto X and Nexi are my only options. But now the Galaxy line have the arguably the best cameras on the market something my usually choices lack. So considering the Note 5 as my next upgrade here are my questions.

1. What extra stuff does Samsung install.
    2. Can it be uninstalled?
    3. What's running in memory normally.
    10-03-2015 03:40 PM
    gmail and facebook are system apps....meaning they cant be uninstalled only disabled (unless rooted).....i'd prefer older versions of them.....also as they are system apps, especially facebook, you cannot greenify them (unless rooted)...its forced me to disable and use tinfoil for facebook
    10-03-2015 03:44 PM
    I like my Android phones the way Google likes it and with only the necessary apps installed. Therefore Moto X and Nexi are my only options. But now the Galaxy line have the arguably the best cameras on the market something my usually choices lack. So considering the Note 5 as my next upgrade here are my questions.

1. What extra stuff does Samsung install.
    2. Can it be uninstalled?
    3. What's running in memory normally.
    From my perspective, most of the Samsung software is designed to allow the full use of the Spen and multitasking to its full extent. Something none of the Google apps don't have. They also provide a lot of features that make using the phone as a work tool a joy. Since I don't use social media I simply disable those programs and a few others I will never use. I don't bother with rooting even if available any more (since S3) as I have no interest in custom ROMs.
    kpdx likes this.
    10-03-2015 09:16 PM
    Buy it, load package disabler, profit... Your Welcome

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5
    plumcrazy likes this.
    10-03-2015 09:43 PM