When using Nova launcher, I am noticing that I am unable to launch Samsung Pay successfully by swiping up from home screen and lock screen.

It works properly if i switch to TouchWiz launcher.

Anybody else noticing the same?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-03-2015 04:17 PM
    When using Nova launcher, I am noticing that I am unable to launch Samsung Pay successfully by swiping up from home screen and lock screen.

It works properly if i switch to TouchWiz launcher.

Anybody else noticing the same?

Are you using Nova Prime? You can set a gesture in the settings to do this.
    10-03-2015 04:19 PM
    I have Nova Prime, the Samsung Pay screen just protrudes from the bottom of my home screens and scrolls right up. I also have up gesture set for Google Now and have not had any issues or a swipe opening the wrong app.

jimd1050 likes this.
    10-03-2015 05:33 PM
    I could setup gestures yes, but the action becomes slower and sometimes it feels the Samsung Pay itself is not initialized properly and is slow to load.

So, you guys are not experiencing the same?

BTW, I use Samsung Pay a lot now and that is how I am able to feel these differences.

10-03-2015 10:45 PM
    I have Nova Prime, the Samsung Pay screen just protrudes from the bottom of my home screens and scrolls right up. I also have up gesture set for Google Now and have not had any issues or a swipe opening the wrong app.

Same here... Nova Prime and no problem w/SP!
    10-03-2015 11:12 PM
    I could setup gestures yes, but the action becomes slower and sometimes it feels the Samsung Pay itself is not initialized properly and is slow to load.

So, you guys are not experiencing the same?

BTW, I use Samsung Pay a lot now and that is how I am able to feel these differences.

Try a system cache reset, it took several for Nova Prime to work correctly on my Note 5.

10-04-2015 12:56 AM
    Using the paid version of Nova here on my Note 5 and it works fine for me. Sorry I can't help troubleshoot but overall wanted to state that it does seem to work well.
    10-04-2015 09:18 AM
    Same here... Nova Prime and no problem w/SP!
    does the nova prime better than the pure version Note 5?
    10-04-2015 09:21 AM
    Open up the samsung pay app, then in the upper right corner click on more. Turn on easy pay and have lock screen, homescreen, and screen off turned on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note V
    androidbean likes this.
    10-04-2015 01:29 PM
    does the nova prime better than the pure version Note 5?
    Been using Nova Prime for my last 3 notes. NP is much better and customizable than touchwiz.

10-04-2015 01:31 PM
    No problem with Samsung pay and Nova here.

10-04-2015 09:36 PM
    Been using Nova Prime for my last 3 notes. NP is much better and customizable than touchwiz.

10-04-2015 10:11 PM
    I think you guys are not understanding the issue. The issue is not that Samsung Pay has issues in working properly, it is that that the Samsung Pay app is not loading properly and takes time to load when using Nova Prime. Using Touchwiz the Samsung Pay app is fast and quick.

10-05-2015 12:01 AM
    I think you guys are not understanding the issue. The issue is not that Samsung Pay has issues in working properly, it is that that the Samsung Pay app is not loading properly and takes time to load when using Nova Prime. Using Touchwiz the Samsung Pay app is fast and quick.

I'm using prime, and do not have this issue.

Home screen, lock screen... always opens quickly.
    10-05-2015 05:05 AM

Have you cleared Samsung pay and Framework cache and data? Doing this will delete your cards and you'll need to activate them again but it worth a try.

I'd do a Nova backup and do an App Cache and Data reset on both Samsung Pay and Nova and see if it gets better.
    10-05-2015 08:16 AM