02-22-2016 11:23 PM
83 1234
tools
    4 times in under a month. All with cases on. Twice it was knocked off the bed. Dropped walking my way out of work (inside) and once in a store trying to look something up.
    12-09-2015 09:53 AM
    Although I've done my best to baby my new Note, I accidentally dropped it last weekend, for the first time, since getting it last month. At Taco Bell, while waiting in line, on their hard tile. It slipped and spun out of my hand at a little over 3' and landed on its back and bounced and skidded several times.The S Pen came out but suffered no damage outside of being a little greasy from the floor. Had a cheap, slim, clear TPU case on at the time, and there seems to be no damage at all to the phone. As some have already posted, I'm more worried about any damage to the internals, but the S Pen goes in and out normally, and the camera seems to work the same as before. A day later, it slips from my hand AGAIN, from the same height onto a parking lot paved surface. This time it hit the bottom corner first. Same case and same result - no damage to the back or front of the phone. The S Pen did not fly out, and the case has a little scuff mark on the corner of impact. One thing I can conjecture is that the back of my phone is covered in a skin from dbrand, and perhaps that helps keep it from cracking or shattering? Either way, the phone survived both drops, which is more than I can say for my wife's iPhone 6... one 3' drop onto hardwood, and the screen shattered easily.
    12-29-2015 01:57 PM
    About 15 with a spigen case. I hate the fact that the s pen explodes out everytime i do smh

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-29-2015 02:52 PM
    Have not dropped my phone since my note 3,,the tempered glass screen protector saved it.
    12-29-2015 04:04 PM
    I've dropped it more times than I can remember and I'm using the swarovski case from the gifts of the Season promo. Not that I am clumsy, I just tend to put it down in bad spots or I'm doing something I probably shouldn't be with it. But 0 damage to the phone and just a small scuff on the corner of the case
    12-29-2015 06:21 PM
    Daily but it has been in an Evutec real carbon fiber case or a Verus High-Pro Shield from day one and has a tempered glass screen protector on it.

Still looks factory new.
    01-02-2016 05:44 PM
    6x is not an accident...

01-02-2016 06:38 PM
    Not once.

Diggin my Note 5 and Note 4.
    01-02-2016 07:02 PM
    Twice within two weeks. The wireless charging plate can't hold note 5 securely.

wilmad likes this.
    01-03-2016 07:58 AM
    Dropped mine from 4' onto rough pavement then accidently kicked it another foot or so. I forgit it was on my lap while seated in the truck and when I started to get out it fell to the pavement and before I realized what happened I half stepped on it, half kicked it another foot. Evutec carbon fiber case and a tempered glass screen protector were on it. It shattered the screen protector but not a scuff on the case and the phone has zero damage.
    I'm now a believer in the good glass screen protectors.
    01-03-2016 09:10 AM
    More times than I can count, but I have an otterbox so no damage.
    01-03-2016 07:26 PM
    Had my phone since September 17 and have never dropped it.
    01-03-2016 08:39 PM
    Zero. Had it since launch.
    Same here

01-03-2016 09:37 PM
    A bunch, the spen shoots out every time. No visual damage to the phone with the speck grip case.
    01-03-2016 11:04 PM
    3 times so far with a UAG case with zero damage, same here the s pen ejected twice which I hate. I wish there were more cases with an s pen port cover.
    01-04-2016 06:50 AM
    In a few months dropped it once on vinyl flooring. I use the Poetic Affinity case which is about perfect in terms of slimness and drop support. In any case, not even a scratch. BTW I find it helpful to master the 'droppedphonefootmaneuver.' Which is probably instinctive anyway...when you drop your phone try at least to have it landing on your foot to offer a bit of a cushion since your foot offers more 'give' than a solid surface. I actually have more accidents with my pair of glasses. I might have my hands full and my hand for some reason (probably to adjust the glasses) will flip my specs off sending it tumbling to the ground....which is too often concrete. Sometimes with damage. Such a klutz with those things.
    01-04-2016 07:42 AM
    I dropped my Note 5 only once from when I bought it.
    It fell off a Sofa just 45 cms high/ 1.5 feet high, it fell on the tile below. I discovered a Dent next to the speaker corner. I was using Samsung's Original S-view cover, as the phone fell it flew out of the cover and bounced twice. Very disappointed with no safety of that case (inspite of being pricey). Since then I shifted to Spigen case and never looked back at S-view and clear view case. It was just a 45 cm drop.

That Dent still haunts me.

01-04-2016 10:45 AM
    Have not dropped my phone since my note 3,,the tempered glass screen protector saved it.
    I'm one up on you.. Only phone I ever dropped was my Note 2. I tool it out of the case and got out of the car and it hit the driveway on the corner. First and only dropped phone and I cracked the screen.
    01-07-2016 12:39 PM
    Same here

And I don't plan too!!
    01-07-2016 01:42 PM
    Four times, no case, no damage, case coming tomorrow 😁 just a inexpensive spigen one. Don't like the bulky ones

01-15-2016 07:04 PM
    I haven't dropped the Note 5 yet, knock on wood. However, over the course of the year I had my Galaxy S5 I dropped it twice due to my dog jerking his leash while I was on the phone when walking him. He weighs 251 pounds and can really pull. Fortunately, not a scratch on the Galaxy S5 thanks to the Tech21 case with D3O compound. And the phone landed hard on concrete.

Needless to say I wrapped my Note 5 in a Tech21 Tactical Case on day one.
    01-16-2016 01:46 AM
    I rock all my phones naked. Today I dropped it from the top of a 7 foot ladder directly on to linoleum. No damage.
    01-16-2016 07:49 PM
    Dropped mine in the kitchen the other day had a standard clear gel case on but it landed on the corner where the cutout for spen is and its gt minimum scratches near the pen. Nearly Had a heart attack when s pen wouldn't come out it was stuck inside it went in more than it normally does. But i took a needle n managed to bring ot out n its working fine now.

01-24-2016 02:42 PM
    Im so bummed.
    On Monday i was sitting in passenger side of my friends car. My phone slid out of the pockets of my sweat pants and fell between seat and door. I didn't think anything of it since it was less than a foot drop (if you would even call it that) Later that night i noticed a crack on the back of the phone.
    Bottom half, going from left to right. Sucks because ive dropped my phone from higher, on harder surfaces and walked away without a scratch.
    02-18-2016 10:22 AM
    So you mean it wrapped with a cover right?
    Thats right, alway practice safe text. Hahahaha, sorry, couldn't resist it.
    Delirious D likes this.
    02-18-2016 01:20 PM
83 1234