How many times have you dropped your Note 5? Case or no case at the time?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: has anyone accidentally dropped the Note 5 while naked? if so, what kind of damage did it suffe

I guess I should have said "Note 5 in nude" as opposed to using the word "naked"
nude art... naked is just naked.

Kind of true... the Note 5 looks magnificent in the nude. (no case, no bumper, no scree protector)

It looks so nice, it killed me putting it in a case (including the finish).. But did the smoke case to get some finish through

Posted via the Android Central App

ramiss

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: has anyone accidentally dropped the Note 5 while naked? if so, what kind of damage did it suffe

Bathtub giving my son a bath. Submerged for over a minute at least. Still working :)
How in the world did it stay submerged for at least a minute? Even blind I could find my phone in a bathtub in about 10 seconds.

remarsh2003

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm a tall guy just under 7' I was talking on the phone in Walmart and dropped it from my ear. I could not get it before it hit the ground it bounced and then faced face down. I was afraid to look up when I picked it up nothing was wrong with it not even a scratch on it.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

How in the world did it stay submerged for at least a minute? Even blind I could find my phone in a bathtub in about 10 seconds.
Had it on the ledge and walked out of the bathroom to get a towel. My son knocked it in lol

ntborg

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
A few times from case. When camping I dropped it from 5 feet flat on screen on rough pavement, I thought the worst for sure. Phone is fine case took some scruffing. This was a cheap thin case purchased at mall.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
From waist high with case on carpet. Spen popped out no damage. First time since launch and this just happened two days ago.

Bowlegz

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped it at least 3 times, but I keep it in an Otterbox Defender ALWAYS!!

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
4 times in under a month. All with cases on. Twice it was knocked off the bed. Dropped walking my way out of work (inside) and once in a store trying to look something up.

JEFFJ4837

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Although I've done my best to baby my new Note, I accidentally dropped it last weekend, for the first time, since getting it last month. At Taco Bell, while waiting in line, on their hard tile. It slipped and spun out of my hand at a little over 3' and landed on its back and bounced and skidded several times.The S Pen came out but suffered no damage outside of being a little greasy from the floor. Had a cheap, slim, clear TPU case on at the time, and there seems to be no damage at all to the phone. As some have already posted, I'm more worried about any damage to the internals, but the S Pen goes in and out normally, and the camera seems to work the same as before. A day later, it slips from my hand AGAIN, from the same height onto a parking lot paved surface. This time it hit the bottom corner first. Same case and same result - no damage to the back or front of the phone. The S Pen did not fly out, and the case has a little scuff mark on the corner of impact. One thing I can conjecture is that the back of my phone is covered in a skin from dbrand, and perhaps that helps keep it from cracking or shattering? Either way, the phone survived both drops, which is more than I can say for my wife's iPhone 6... one 3' drop onto hardwood, and the screen shattered easily.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I've dropped it more times than I can remember and I'm using the swarovski case from the gifts of the Season promo. Not that I am clumsy, I just tend to put it down in bad spots or I'm doing something I probably shouldn't be with it. But 0 damage to the phone and just a small scuff on the corner of the case

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Daily but it has been in an Evutec real carbon fiber case or a Verus High-Pro Shield from day one and has a tempered glass screen protector on it.

Still looks factory new.

JodyH66

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Dropped mine from 4' onto rough pavement then accidently kicked it another foot or so. I forgit it was on my lap while seated in the truck and when I started to get out it fell to the pavement and before I realized what happened I half stepped on it, half kicked it another foot. Evutec carbon fiber case and a tempered glass screen protector were on it. It shattered the screen protector but not a scuff on the case and the phone has zero damage.
I'm now a believer in the good glass screen protectors.