I was watching youtube video on note 5 tips/tricks and things you can do with note 5 and the one video the guy was showing excel and powerpoint on his note 5. I cant find it on my phone, is this something else Verizon has cheated me out of?
    10-04-2015 11:11 AM
    Didn't come on my AT&T device. I just downloaded it from Google Play.
    10-04-2015 11:12 AM
    As mentioned above you download it from the Play Store. And there are two versions. The MS Office suite for free use and the actual individual Office Apps for those that have or purchase an Office 365 subscription. The latter are the full apps as on your PC or Mac including editing etc.
    10-04-2015 12:05 PM
    I have used Docs To Go for years on my Note 3,4,and 5 as well as iPhones and an old Palm Pilot. Premium costs a few bucks but has all the features including making a PowerPoint presentation. Syncs with my desktop, or I can put them on G Docs. I use Excel for work and business. Love Docs to go.
    10-04-2015 02:30 PM
    MS Office is one more thing that was pre-installed by Samsung (under a settlement agreement with MS) that Verizon removed, along with Skype, One Drive, Samsung Pay and a few options in the settings.
    The carriers operate under an outdated model. Today, with us having to pay full price for our phones, Verizon and others should not be messing with what the OEM puts on the phone IMO. Does your ISP (like Comcast, Cablevision, Google Fiber etc) restrict or remove software on your computer at home/office. As long as the software does not interfere with the operation of the network, you should be allowed to run whatever application you want. As long as the hardware is FCC and carrier compliant, you should be able to use that device without carrier interference and as the OEM intended it to be used.
    10-05-2015 10:51 AM