Is Samsung's own Protection Plan+ a better deal than SquareTrade or Verizon(Asusion) plans?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Is Samsung's own Protection Plan+ a better deal than SquareTrade or Verizon(Asusion) plans?

for the Note5, the cost is $129 for 2-year coverage. Accidental damage and spills are covered. Deductible is $79.

I've had the Verizon(Asurion) plan on my previous Note 2 & 3, but didn't get it for the Note 4, because it wasn't worth it anymore. Verizon tells me the deductible for the Note5 is $199, which makes absolutely no sense.

The Samsung plan seems quite reasonable, but I have zero experience with them. There also seems to be very little discussion about it on the internet....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One major deficiency for SquareTrade is that it doesn't cover loss or theft--only damage or defects. I believe Asurion covers loss and theft.

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
One major deficiency for SquareTrade is that it doesn't cover loss or theft--only damage or defects. I believe Asurion covers loss and theft.

Yes, and that's a big deal. I've had cell phones for 30 years, and never lost one or had one stolen -- but this one looks more enticing than the others. :)

Certainly more enticing than that first one.

774813bcd99d6df40fd00bfb7e1d339e.jpg

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes, and that's a big deal. I've had cell phones for 30 years, and never lost one or had one stolen -- but this one looks more enticing than the others. :)

Certainly more enticing than that first one.

View attachment 199915

True story: My late aunt had one of those in the very early 1990's. Someone tried to rob her coming out of a doctor's office. She used that giant phone and smashed into the mugger's head. Unfortunately, the mugger hit back and stabbed her in the stomach with a blade.(she turned out alright) The mugger got away with her purse. She ended up using that phone to call the police/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
True story: My late aunt had one of those in the very early 1990's. Someone tried to rob her coming out of a doctor's office. She used that giant phone and smashed into the mugger's head. Unfortunately, the mugger hit back and stabbed her in the stomach with a blade.(she turned out alright) The mugger got away with her purse. She ended up using that phone to call the police/

Holy moly! Your aunt musta been one baaaad mutha--[shut your mouth]--I'm just talkin' 'bout Auntie! [then we can dig it]:p

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
OMG. I remember carrying one of those bricks around all day. Had an extended battery and the darn thing was huge.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I remember that unit, the bag phones (remember those) and then moving on the Moto "Flip" phone. Man, that was prehistoric times.

Back to topic - if anyone gets a VZW N5 insured by Samsung, please report back here. I am still unable to do this and I would much rather be on the Protection Plus plan than Asurion's plan through VZW.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

for the Note5, the cost is $129 for 2-year coverage. Accidental damage and spills are covered. Deductible is $79.

I've had the Verizon(Asurion) plan on my previous Note 2 & 3, but didn't get it for the Note 4, because it wasn't worth it anymore. Verizon tells me the deductible for the Note5 is $199, which makes absolutely no sense.

The Samsung plan seems quite reasonable, but I have zero experience with them. There also seems to be very little discussion about it on the internet....
I think the $199 for a used phone is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On the legacy insurance plan, the deductible on asurion is $99 for the base note 5. On the current insurance plan though, it is higher

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan