10-08-2015 10:35 PM
41 12
tools
    Hi all.

Is there anything you hate - or regret - about your Note 5?

My Moto X is RMA. Need a phone for work (away from desk a lot); strongly considering the Note 5. I held the phone in the store -- felt comfortable.

Mainly need something that can give me 3.5 - 5 hours of screen-on-time with all the features on (bluetooth, wifi, etc.).

Also considering the iPhone 6S Plus as I hear its battery life is insanely good, and my iPad Air 2 has been a really great tool for me.

Thank you!
    10-04-2015 06:57 PM
    None but I know what I'm getting into after having every Note since the first one and leaving behind the Iphone 4 in 2011 for a bigger screen. I'm a heavy user and get about 12-15 hours of battery life on max brightness, no wifi, no bluetooth or GPS on. If you like customization and an excellent camera get the 5. If you are just used to the Apple side of things I would go with what you know.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    10-04-2015 07:01 PM
    My only regret is I'm so obsessed I probably spend too much of my spare time on it =P I have restaurants and am constantly commuting between them and live on my note 5, it's done wonders for me!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-04-2015 07:02 PM
    I came from a Note 2 and have Zero regrets. The battery life is great - better than my Note 2 with a bigger battery. The Fingerprint scanner is insanely fast and accurate. The camera is amazing and the phone overall is insanely fast. I also have plenty of storage with the 64GB model.
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-04-2015 07:02 PM
    May I see screen-on-time screenshots?

Sounds promising so far. Thanks folks!
    10-04-2015 07:08 PM
    I have no regrets buying a Note5...all my boxes were checked. I absolutely love the device and this is coming from the owner of an OPO...before that a Nexus 5.

The only thing I really think about are updates. I usually don't buy a carrier locked device, so that's a reason for the concern. I'm on T-Mobile and not sure how they handle updates from Samsung. Or if Samsung updates their flagship devices. For instance, my girlfriend has the Note4 on T-Mobile and is still on 5.0.1! Wow! Where as my OPO recently updated to 5.1.1 from 5.0.2...which was updated a while back. So I'm hoping I'll see Marshmallow on this device by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

zeuswsu likes this.
    10-04-2015 07:12 PM
    I like the fingerprint security of the iPad. Does the fingerprint unlock feature on the Note 5 work well - consistently?

Speaking of Marshmallow -- that was a reason for hesitation today. I found no official guarantee that the Note 5 would get the update.
    10-04-2015 07:19 PM
    I think the fingerprint sensor works very well on the Note5. However, the iPhone 6S and 6S+ takes it to another level. Checkout MKBHD on YouTube to see what I'm talking about. Yet, I still love the sensor on my Note5. Just keeping it real.

I've seen speculation of the Note5 on various sites, stating it WILL get the update. Just not sure when.

10-04-2015 07:25 PM
    I have no regrets buying a Note5...all my boxes were checked. I absolutely love the device and this is coming from the owner of an OPO...before that a Nexus 5.

The only thing I really think about are updates. I usually don't buy a carrier locked device, so that's a reason for the concern. I'm on T-Mobile and not sure how they handle updates from Samsung. Or if Samsung updates their flagship devices. For instance, my girlfriend has the Note4 on T-Mobile and is still on 5.0.1! Wow! Where as my OPO recently updated to 5.1.1 from 5.0.2...which was updated a while back. So I'm hoping I'll see Marshmallow on this device by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

I have the same thoughts. I currently have no regrets but I do worry a little about updates. My verizon note 4 was pretty awful on 5.0.1 and I still don't think they updated it yet to 5.1.1 That's probably more of a Verizon issue then Samsung though. If the note 5 has similar issues with buggy updates then my next device will be a nexus.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 08:52 PM
    I have the same thoughts. I currently have no regrets but I do worry a little about updates. My verizon note 4 was pretty awful on 5.0.1 and I still don't think they updated it yet to 5.1.1 That's probably more of a Verizon issue then Samsung though. If the note 5 has similar issues with buggy updates then my next device will be a nexus.

The OS issues are in fact Google issues. I too am on Verizon so I truly feel your pain in the length of time it takes the worst carrier unfortunately with the only decent coverage to release updates. But what can you gain by turning the new Nexus devices? They don't have fast charging, they don't have wireless charging, they don't have an SD card slot, they don't have a replaceable battery and they still are at the mercy of Google OS bugs.
    10-04-2015 08:57 PM
    No regrets at all.
    I had the note 3 but moved away to nexus devices. Only because I never really used the pen.
    Wanting a good camera again, I went for the s6 but was never happy with the smaller screen and crap battery. So I sold that and based on the better battery reviews I just bought the note 5.
    It's the best Android smartphone you can buy as of right now (I now.. IMO). Battery last through the day and screen, cam, are phenomenal. And I'm not even getting into the note features.
    I will say I did order the nexus 6P and will most likely swap the sim card back and forth.
    Also... I'm using T-Mobile and they are super fast with updates lately. I'm sure being the flagship device for Samsung the note 5 and s6 series with see 6.0 relatively quick.

10-04-2015 09:17 PM

TBolt likes this.
    10-04-2015 09:49 PM

Attached Thumbnails (Potential Buyer) Any regrets?-screenshot_2015-10-02-23-53-11.jpg   (Potential Buyer) Any regrets?-screenshot_2015-10-02-23-53-04.jpg  
    TBolt likes this.
    10-04-2015 09:52 PM
    Thank you to everyone who replied! Marshmallow or not, those screen-on times look exactly like what I need. I'll likely pick up a Note tomorrow.

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Katrina White1 and soldier45 like this.
    10-04-2015 09:56 PM
    The OS issues are in fact Google issues. I too am on Verizon so I truly feel your pain in the length of time it takes the worst carrier unfortunately with the only decent coverage to release updates. But what can you gain by turning the new Nexus devices? They don't have fast charging, they don't have wireless charging, they don't have an SD card slot, they don't have a replaceable battery and they still are at the mercy of Google OS bugs.
    My reason would be nexus phones get updates faster, so they weren't stuck on crapple versions of Android as long. Hopefully this won't be an issue anymore and Google won't put out another update as buggy as 5.0. I guess we'll find out when marshmellow gets pushed out.

10-04-2015 10:49 PM
    Please confirm that simultaneous voice & data work on the Verizon Note 5. Thank you.

10-05-2015 01:56 AM
    My regrets about purchasing are minor lol. I have the 32gb version and wish i got the 64 lol so not having external storage pissed me off but the 1 thing i got too attached to was the rf blaster i still find it hard not havin it sometimes because i use different remotes at work and at home sometimes its easier to have 1 (my cellphone) that ill always have with me
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-05-2015 02:52 AM
    Please confirm that simultaneous voice & data work on the Verizon Note 5. Thank you.

As long as you have Advanced calling on... Which is VoLTE... Voice and data work simultaneously.
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-05-2015 07:12 AM
    As long as you have Advanced calling on... Which is VoLTE... Voice and data work simultaneously.
    I'll ask Verizon to confirm that a VoLTE setting is on their Note 5. Thanks.

10-05-2015 12:09 PM
    No regrets my first Note and it's is the best phone i have owned.
    soldier45 likes this.
    10-05-2015 12:18 PM
    Coming from a Note 3 and no regrets about the Note 5. My only regret is having to stay with Verizon. Unfortunately they are the only one that has the coverage I need here in the North West.
    10-05-2015 12:57 PM
    I'll ask Verizon to confirm that a VoLTE setting is on their Note 5. Thanks.

I am on Verizon. Advanced Calling is a feature you set on/off on your phone. So as long as you keep it on, voice and data will work simultaneously.

One issue that I will highlight with Verizon phone...there is a bug if you have Wifi off. Cell standby will be incredibly high when idle if you are using WiFi. If you dont use wifi...battery is amazing, but thats not always an option for people on tiered data. I keep wifi off (till Verizon fixes this) as I am on unlimited data. My wife on the other hand is on WiFi all day even though it kills her battery since she in on tiered data.
    TBolt likes this.
    10-05-2015 01:11 PM
    I am on Verizon. Advanced Calling is a feature you set on/off on your phone. So as long as you keep it on, voice and data will work simultaneously.

One issue that I will highlight with Verizon phone...there is a bug if you have Wifi off. Cell standby will be incredibly high when idle if you are using WiFi. If you dont use wifi...battery is amazing, but thats not always an option for people on tiered data. I keep wifi off (till Verizon fixes this) as I am on unlimited data. My wife on the other hand is on WiFi all day even though it kills her battery since she in on tiered data.
    Ouch! That wifi issue could be a problem - I'm already sharing my 10GB plan with family.

Thank you for telling me!

10-05-2015 02:29 PM
    So, you folks are not having any of the Bluetooth problems I read about here?

Thank you! 🙂

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=570201

10-05-2015 03:38 PM
    Hi all.

Is there anything you hate - or regret - about your Note 5?

My Moto X is RMA. Need a phone for work (away from desk a lot); strongly considering the Note 5. I held the phone in the store -- felt comfortable.

Mainly need something that can give me 3.5 - 5 hours of screen-on-time with all the features on (bluetooth, wifi, etc.).

Also considering the iPhone 6S Plus as I hear its battery life is insanely good, and my iPad Air 2 has been a really great tool for me.

Thank you!
    I only regret getting the note 5 on verizon! No Samsung Pay and other features that other note 5 users have

10-05-2015 04:55 PM
41 12