Im kinda embarrassed

ReggieReg72

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I made it to work and it did not alert me either. So looks like there may be an issue.

FYI.. My location is set to GPS, WiFi and Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
nothing to embarrassed about..both are good devices..
but all you really have to do it turn on your phones side by side and see how much better the screen is on the note 5 ; > my wife would not DARE Start a comparison with me with .. but then again she hates Apple and i converted her to android a few years ago ; > i think her having to sync her phone with itunes was one of the major reasons!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I made it to work and it did not alert me either. So looks like there may be an issue.

FYI.. My location is set to GPS, WiFi and Mobile.

And you have in Google your Home and Work addresses set? What about your Location History Settings? I think I've read that for this kind of things Location History must be turned on, but I have mine off since they got rid of the Location reporting setting and incorporated into Location History, causing now that if you have Location History on it drains battery a lot as it's pinging your location to Google's servers ALL the time.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes my home and work addresses are set and location history settings it's turned on as well, and nothing pops out this morning when I got to work

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's obvious what the OP has to do.

I know it won't be easy...days where you'll question your decision, wonder if you should have made the change, or if you should go back....but I really think you have to do it!

You need to get a new wife.

Lol! Hilarious

Posted via the modest yet efficient Lenovo Tab 2 A8 50

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

ReggieReg72

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
And you have in Google your Home and Work addresses set? What about your Location History Settings? I think I've read that for this kind of things Location History must be turned on, but I have mine off since they got rid of the Location reporting setting and incorporated into Location History, causing now that if you have Location History on it drains battery a lot as it's pinging your location to Google's servers ALL the time.

Interesting... My location history is set to off. I may play with it later. And Yes, my home and work addresses are stored. I didn't even have to give the work address, I just said set reminder for work and within the reminder i saw my work address populate.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Interesting... My location history is set to off. I may play with it later. And Yes, my home and work addresses are stored. I didn't even have to give the work address, I just said set reminder for work and within the reminder i saw my work address populate.

OK, try with Location History on next time and let us know what happens.

Shoganator

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Could be that you didn't have a good carrier signal and that the location based tracking didn't work too well because of that. Doesn't the device need a carrier signal / data connection before triangulation on location can start (then the GPS kicks in?)

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
OK I just set a reminder to print at work.. No time given. I will let you guys know if it works in the morning.

All I said was "set a reminder to print at work" Google asked "do you want me to save?" and I said "yes"

View attachment 199960

I tried the same thing at home, while on my network and used your exact words. I forgot about it until just now and it never came up as a reminder. Yes it did have my address for my work address and I've been on my network all day, except when I pulled into the underground parking at work and at lunch. Even downloaded a new Kindle book on my network. I've also been receiving notifications. It does show up on my cards list and there's a button for "remind in 10 minutes". But there was no notification alert.
I went to Setting, Now Cards and Notifications, it is turned on.

ReggieReg72

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
FYI. I just got home and it worked.

I turned on the location history and set a reminder while at work.. "ok Google.. Remind me to eat dinner when I get home" then said "yes" to save.

Pulled into the garage and got the notification.

I'm not crazy about having location history set to on and I'm not 100% sure that's the reason it worked.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
FYI. I just got home and it worked.

I turned on the location history and set a reminder while at work.. "ok Google.. Remind me to eat dinner when I get home" then said "yes" to save.

Pulled into the garage and got the notification.

I'm not crazy about having location history set to on and I'm not 100% sure that's the reason it worked.

Believe me it may not be the whole responsible for it but it's an essential part of it, it may also look for settings on the Google Now (Google app) cards and Notifications in general. I read about that long ago but can't give you more details or a link to it, but I'm sure of what I read.

Check this link, https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3118687, tos is an extract of it;

"With Location History off, the places you go to are no longer stored. You can turn off Location History at any point. When you turn it off for your Google Account, it's turned off for all devices associated with that Google Account."

That was what I read that if you want to use location based features, such as the one you want, Location History must be on because it simply stops tracking your moves disabling such features.

It may be true or not but for me it kind of makes sense.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My card history is on. I have cards back to September 2015, when I must have turned it back on after shutting it off in April when it got annoying.

I did try it by time and it did notify me, but since I wasn't home yet, it wasn't helpful. Although it was in my notification tray. But if I didn't look, I would have forgot about it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I set a reminder for when I arrived at work today and I did get a notification albeit a 20 minutes later.
Caught me off guard at first because forgot I had set it yesterday.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I've done two tests, yesterday I set a reminder for when I got home and today I set out one for when I got to work. Both were successful. In fact this morning when I got to work, I got the reminder notification by the time I walked to my desk.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

Attachments

• 5224.jpg
    5224.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 5226.jpg
    5226.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I've also noticed that some Google Now features didn't play nice for me in the past unless I also had Auto Sync enabled as well as the other suggestions listed here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol