does a clear TPU case(like Spigen) offer enough drop protection for the Note5?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
does a clear TPU case(like Spigen) offer enough drop protection for the Note5?

no, I'm not talking about dropping it from the roof... just 3 or 4 feet drop, like from my hands or out of my pocket.

thanks!

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine few times from pocket high right on to pavement while having Spigen case on. It survived, no scratches. However, I wouldn't say it will provide complete protection. I just lucked out. It really depends on how it the ground. If you hit a sweet spot it will break regardless of the hight. I can say that the case help reducing the chances, not preventing.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ballistic jewel case is clear and offers 6 feet drop protection.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have this case by Spigen: http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Spigen%C2%AE-Hybrid-CUSHION-Crystal/dp/B010MWG3HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444068979&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+ultra+hybrid+note+5 and the TPU bumper provides the perfect amount of protection for me. I've noticed that with phones I've had in the past, the bezel gets all dinged and chips when I drop the phone. That's why I love this case, it covers the bezel of the phone completely.

Does the hard backside of that case get scratched easily?

Thanks!

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The ultra thin clear tpu case from eBay, for a dollar or so is super thin and offers some drop protection, better than the stock Samsung flip case that was 65 bucks.

beep

shawnOST

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Not at all, the back isn't a hard shell-like plastic, it's more TPU feeling. It's smooth and shows off the back of the phone nicely.

Agreed. I have the same case and think that it offers great protection for the money, especially when coupled with a tempered glass screen protector. I also purchased an Incipio Octane case and it's equally as good IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I put on the Ringle Fusion day one with the Note 5. Haven't dropped it yet but the case has helped - I've a history in dropping my phones. Much easier to hold with it than workout. Has a good tpu (not plasticy) feel. No scratches yet. Fits with the Zagg class screen protector.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Spigen Neo hybrid crystal. It looks good on the phone and give really good protection! I have dropped my phone a few times with no damage.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Note 5 Case, Spigen® [Neo Hybrid Crystal] HYBRIDIZED CLARITY [Blue Topaz] Clear back panel + Dual TPU and PC bumper for Galaxy Note 5 (2015) - Blue Topaz (SGP11712) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010MWINA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4733838
This is the case I have had since day one and I like it allot. Shows off the back nicely. TPU with hard plastic on the sides, haven't dropped it yet so don't know about protection.

Posted from the most awesome phone on Earth Galaxy Note 5

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy Note 5 Case, Spigen® [Neo Hybrid Crystal] HYBRIDIZED CLARITY [Blue Topaz] Clear back panel + Dual TPU and PC bumper for Galaxy Note 5 (2015) - Blue Topaz (SGP11712) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010MWINA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4733887
This is the case I have had since day one and I like it allot. Shows off the back nicely. TPU with hard plastic on the sides, haven't dropped it yet so don't know about protection.

Posted from the most awesome phone on Earth Galaxy Note 5

does the backside of the case itself get a lot of tiny scratches?

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Beloved Note 5 is wrapped in a gorgeous Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal hybridized clarity champagne gold clear black panel + Dual TPU and PC bumper case........

Have had two fairly major drops - waist height to wood floor - with each I expected the worst, as I am only running with a Zagg cover ( not tempered glass )

The phone survived each fall intact with only a decent ding on the upper right corner of the Spigen........

I think a combo of an outstanding case for such a thin cover and a lot of Irish luck with each drop.......

Loving this phone!!!!!!!

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been bouncing back and forth between the 3 spigen cases, the neo one, the basic crystal clear one, and the hybrid one myself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae