12-18-2015 04:17 PM
64 123
tools
    My thoughts exactly. Figured I was the only one who felt this way.

Posted using the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / Pro 12.2
    10-06-2015 01:54 PM
    I disagree with some point, ios is always be better in os support. Maybe current version needs to be updated and oh , beter security

But I love my note 5 in many ways

Posted via the Android Central App #Galnote5
    10-06-2015 02:07 PM
    I, too, used a 6s Plus for a little bit. I liked the phone overall, but it had its share of quirks and issues and I couldn't handle it. I had issues with opening my mail, and it would say "Can't reach server, please try again later." Then my mail would show up in 5 minutes. I also would delete emails and the unread icon would stick around for awhile. I had contacts not show up in properly synced accounts, too. I like iOS but it's honestly still the same OS it was 5 years ago. Little implementations here and there that do make it better, but it's the same overall. I just missed being able to customize anything. The customization helps my experience with Android and makes MY phone work for ME. iPhones are made to work how Apple wants them, not what is best for the end user.
    vm81, Gray Area and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-06-2015 02:47 PM
    I, too, used a 6s Plus for a little bit. I liked the phone overall, but it had its share of quirks and issues and I couldn't handle it. I had issues with opening my mail, and it would say "Can't reach server, please try again later." Then my mail would show up in 5 minutes. I also would delete emails and the unread icon would stick around for awhile. I had contacts not show up in properly synced accounts, too. I like iOS but it's honestly still the same OS it was 5 years ago. Little implementations here and there that do make it better, but it's the same overall. I just missed being able to customize anything. The customization helps my experience with Android and makes MY phone work for ME. iPhones are made to work how Apple wants them, not what is best for the end user.
    I never use mail on iphone, i use blackberry or android for tht. It just don't feel right to not able to manage our documents on my own phone (some says use cloud, but tht just different). Photos, apple music, apps, banking, call, text is ok, work and deal with document on ios just not my thing

Posted via the Android Central App #Galnote5
    10-06-2015 03:50 PM
    I took my iphone 6splus back today and went back to the note 5. The only thing that really concerns me about the note is the updates. With apple I always know the updates will come right away. It's just too bad android phone manufacturers can't bypass carriers like apple has been able to do. The battery ins't as good either, but everything else is night and day better on the note 5.
    10-06-2015 06:10 PM
    Do you try this same games on both device (heartstone, real boxing etc.)? What about performance on both?
    10-07-2015 08:55 AM
    I just did something similar. I went from a GS6 to an iPhone 6s. I returned the iPhone today and went back to my Galaxy. I thought I was going to be so glad to get back to iOS but it only took about four days for me to start missing the customization of my Android. I also don't like how the screen seems so small compared to the actual size of the iPhone. Samsung does a great job keeping the bezels small and squeezing as much screen as possible into the phone.

Now I need to resist the urge to pick up a Note 5. I had the Note 4 and liked it. I'll have to steer clear of AT&T and Best Buy! That N5 looks pretty slick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    BergerKing and Gray Area like this.
    10-07-2015 08:57 PM
    The iPhone 6s was great. I didn't have any issues with it. I just wanted to try the Note 5 because I'm curious about it. So far it has been an interesting device.
    BergerKing and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-09-2015 10:51 AM
    The iPhone 6s was great. I didn't have any issues with it. I just wanted to try the Note 5 because I'm curious about it. So far it has been an interesting device.
    I'd have to agree. I'm a long time iPhone user and have a 6s Plus. I picked up a Note 5 yesterday and I think I'm in love. I too think it's a far more interesting device. If I could find a way to get iMessage on Android, I'd probably never use my iPhone.
    BergerKing and Gray Area like this.
    10-09-2015 01:10 PM
    Are you hanging on to your iOS stuff? What do you think about the Note so far?
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-09-2015 11:35 PM
    Are you hanging on to your iOS stuff? What do you think about the Note so far?
    There's a lot to love about the Note 5. And to be fair, I have had all of the Notes and have loved all of them. I'm just a big fan of the series. Samsung makes the best screens in my opinion. The hardware is pretty slick too. Now this may seem odd, but I actually prefer how the fingerprint scanner works on the Note 5 over the iPhone 6S. It works like the iPhone 6 Touch ID which I thought was the best. Touch ID on the 6S is too fast. Battery life I'm still figuring out. Like the wireless charging. Love the fast charging. The Note 5 seems really fast. So no complaints there. Keyboard is perfect. I would say that the keyboard is definitely better than the iOS keyboard. I never cared about expandable storage or removable batteries. But I love that the phone feels more solid now because it's sealed. Whenever I switch back to the Note series, the first thing that I realize I had missed was the LED notification light. One thing that is irritating is that I don't have a mobile payment option until Chase Bank is a partner in Samsung Pay. The camera is awesome. But I thought the same for the Note 4 and Note 3.
    10-09-2015 11:49 PM
    The iPhone camera is not great and the battery life is pretty terrible on the 6s. I do enjoy having apps behave in ios; I think I might have to return it for a 6s plus

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    10-10-2015 01:39 AM
    There's a lot to love about the Note 5. And to be fair, I have had all of the Notes and have loved all of them. I'm just a big fan of the series. Samsung makes the best screens in my opinion. The hardware is pretty slick too. Now this may seem odd, but I actually prefer how the fingerprint scanner works on the Note 5 over the iPhone 6S. It works like the iPhone 6 Touch ID which I thought was the best. Touch ID on the 6S is too fast. Battery life I'm still figuring out. Like the wireless charging. Love the fast charging. The Note 5 seems really fast. So no complaints there. Keyboard is perfect. I would say that the keyboard is definitely better than the iOS keyboard. I never cared about expandable storage or removable batteries. But I love that the phone feels more solid now because it's sealed. Whenever I switch back to the Note series, the first thing that I realize I had missed was the LED notification light. One thing that is irritating is that I don't have a mobile payment option until Chase Bank is a partner in Samsung Pay. The camera is awesome. But I thought the same for the Note 4 and Note 3.
    Have you tried Android Pay? I've been able to get some cards on there that don't work in Samsung Pay. You know I like both operating systems (meaning iOS and Android) but I wasn't happy with the 6s Plus when I had it. I hated how fast the touch ID was. I never saw notifications. And telling people to use a different finger or press the power button, especially on the Plus is putting the functionality on the user, which I didn't like. I also really thought the screen definitely looked much worse than the Note screen. It's nice, but definitely not Note 5 quality. I also had some contact and email issues on the 6s Plus. Overall I didn't feel like it was worth the price. And the camera definitely wasn't any better.
    crawfojj, BergerKing and Gray Area like this.
    10-10-2015 08:05 AM
    The iPhone camera is not great and the battery life is pretty terrible on the 6s. I do enjoy having apps behave in ios; I think I might have to return it for a 6s plus

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Are you using a 6s and your Note?
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-10-2015 08:06 AM
    Have you tried Android Pay? I've been able to get some cards on there that don't work in Samsung Pay. You know I like both operating systems (meaning iOS and Android) but I wasn't happy with the 6s Plus when I had it. I hated how fast the touch ID was. I never saw notifications. And telling people to use a different finger or press the power button, especially on the Plus is putting the functionality on the user, which I didn't like. I also really thought the screen definitely looked much worse than the Note screen. It's nice, but definitely not Note 5 quality. I also had some contact and email issues on the 6s Plus. Overall I didn't feel like it was worth the price. And the camera definitely wasn't any better.
    I haven't been able to use Android Pay or Samsunag Pay because they don't support Chase Bank. The screen on the Note 5 is stellar, although I liked the screen on the, iPhone 6S too. I'm going to really test the camera today.
    10-10-2015 09:50 AM
    I haven't been able to use Android Pay or Samsunag Pay because they don't support Chase Bank. The screen on the Note 5 is stellar, although I liked the screen on the, iPhone 6S too. I'm going to really test the camera today.
    My bank isn't supported in Android Pay, but my debit card works. It doesn't work in Samsung Pay, though. The iPhone screen is nice, but when you compare it to the Note screen there's just no comparison. And I think the cameras are comparable. But I give the edge to the Note - just has more options.
    10-10-2015 02:37 PM
    Are you using a 6s and your Note?
    Yeah, I am dual wielding right now. When I went to portland, I ended up taking all my pictures on my Note 5 because when I took them on the iPhone, they didn't really compare. I think this is the first time an iPhone camera has failed me honestly. Maybe I got a bunk sensor but then I look at other iPhone photos and they're the same.
    10-10-2015 04:51 PM
    My bank isn't supported in Android Pay, but my debit card works. It doesn't work in Samsung Pay, though. The iPhone screen is nice, but when you compare it to the Note screen there's just no comparison. And I think the cameras are comparable. But I give the edge to the Note - just has more options.
    It doesn't allow me to add it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    10-10-2015 04:54 PM
    Yeah, I am dual wielding right now. When I went to portland, I ended up taking all my pictures on my Note 5 because when I took them on the iPhone, they didn't really compare. I think this is the first time an iPhone camera has failed me honestly. Maybe I got a bunk sensor but then I look at other iPhone photos and they're the same.
    Totally agree. I went from the iPhone 6plus to 6s plus to note 5. The picture quality is night and day better on the note. As well as the screen. Gave my wife the 6 plus and now all is good.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 10:40 PM
    Totally agree. I went from the iPhone 6plus to 6s plus to note 5. The picture quality is night and day better on the note. As well as the screen. Gave my wife the 6 plus and now all is good.

I can agree with you about the photo quality. Took some pictures yesterday and they were perfect. Love the double click to start the camera feature.
    crawfojj likes this.
    10-12-2015 05:55 AM
    What you guys fail to realize is that most of the issues you are talking about are iOS 9 related and not to the phone itself.

It was the same when iOS 7 and 8 came out. 8 was buggy for quite some time, and actually 8.4.1 is very stable and works great on my iPhone 6 Plus.

At least Apple will come out with OS updates to fix the issues, and you'll be able to download them day one. The bummer with android is you could be waiting 6 months or more just to ever see any updates. Plus I've noticed that the only updates you really see on Android phones are mainly security updates, very rarely do you see updates that actually fix the quirky bugs.
    My wife's 6 on 8.4.1 drained battery very quickly and was warm, even on idle.

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?p=2624640

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2015 11:39 AM
    Keyboard, that's the key as to why I went to Android vs iPhone in the first place. Haptic feedback was the key, then the expanded functionality of many apps.

I actually gave the 6 Plus a go, but shook my head and put it back on the table. It doesn't fit me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-2015 09:23 AM
    Very insightful review. Thanks

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear
    10-13-2015 11:58 AM
    I can agree with you about the photo quality. Took some pictures yesterday and they were perfect. Love the double click to start the camera feature.
    This is one of the best features imo. I missed it while I had the iPhone as my daily driver
    10-13-2015 05:15 PM
    Just took my iPhone 6S plus back to tmobile for a jump on demand upgrade to the note 5. The new iPhones and ios are buggier than ever and I couldn't deal. Android seems way more fluid these days and the note 5 camera is everything!!!

10-13-2015 10:33 PM
64 123