12-18-2015 04:17 PM
64 123
tools
    I do find it interesting that there are so many various reasons why people ditch their phones and get others. One of the things I have learned not to do is return a device thathas just been released due to software bugs. I don't do this because I know an update to fix the problem is imminent. I only return it if I don't like the phone itself or there is a hardware issue.
    10-25-2015 07:42 AM
    I do find it interesting that there are so many various reasons why people ditch their phones and get others. One of the things I have learned not to do is return a device thathas just been released due to software bugs. I don't do this because I know an update to fix the problem is imminent. I only return it if I don't like the phone itself or there is a hardware issue.
    I don't have a problem with that,so long as I can return the phone, but Verizon has a 14 day return policy... And I don't want to be stuck with a phone if the problem is never fixed to my satisfaction.

As I said before, I am willing to give the iPhone another try if someone wants to send me one for free (l would pay for it if I keep it, or return it if it didn't work out)
    10-25-2015 09:51 AM
    I don't have a problem with that,so long as I can return the phone, but Verizon has a 14 day return policy... And I don't want to be stuck with a phone if the problem is never fixed to my satisfaction
    That's true. I guess it depends on how significant the software issues are.
    10-25-2015 09:53 AM
    Yeah, I am dual wielding right now. When I went to portland, I ended up taking all my pictures on my Note 5 because when I took them on the iPhone, they didn't really compare. I think this is the first time an iPhone camera has failed me honestly. Maybe I got a bunk sensor but then I look at other iPhone photos and they're the same.
    I'm not a big picture person so I never really keep up with the cameras. That said, I have been aware in the past the iPhone camera has always been superior to Android cameras. Are you saying now that seems to be different?
    10-25-2015 10:02 AM
    I'm not a big picture person so I never really keep up with the cameras. That said, I have been aware in the past the iPhone camera has always been superior to Android cameras. Are you saying now that seems to be different?
    The iPhone camera is not as good as the Note 5 camera.
    10-25-2015 10:04 AM
    The iPhone camera is not as good as the Note 5 camera.
    Well that is interesting. I know several people that are big photo takers and have stayed with the iPhone just because of the camera. They wanted a good camera also when they didn't happen to have their camera with them. The camera was the single deciding point for these people I'll have to let them know about the camera with the Note 5 now.
    10-25-2015 10:06 AM
    Well that is interesting. I know several people that are big photo takers and have stayed with the iPhone just because of the camera. They wanted a good camera also when they didn't happen to have their camera with them. The camera was the single deciding point for these people I'll have to let them know about the camera with the Note 5 now m
    The Note 5 is just a spectacular smartphone all the way around.
    10-25-2015 12:02 PM
    That's true. I guess it depends on how significant the software issues are.
    To me it is pretty serious. I mentioned rg the issues in the op
    10-25-2015 12:22 PM
    Well that is interesting. I know several people that are big photo takers and have stayed with the iPhone just because of the camera. They wanted a good camera also when they didn't happen to have their camera with them. The camera was the single deciding point for these people I'll have to let them know about the camera with the Note 5 now m
    Have they used the s6 or note 5? Precious models I would agree that the iPhone was better all around, but the s6 and Note 5 are very well rounded cameras and very easy to use
    10-25-2015 12:26 PM
    Have they used the s6 or note 5? Precious models I would agree that the iPhone was better all around, but the s6 and Note 5 are very well rounded cameras and very easy to use
    No they haven't used the Note 5, this was before when they considered changing. That's why this is interesting to me, before it was just a given the iPhone camera was better. Seems to me this camera on the Note 5 being better than the iPhone is something Samsung should really push. There are probably a lot of people like me that know the iPhone camera has always been better and just assume it is the same this time around.
    10-25-2015 12:58 PM
    No thru haven't used the Note 5,tbis was before when they considered changing. That's why this is interesting to me, before it was just a given the iPhone camera was better. Seems to me this camera on the Note 5 being better than the iPhone is something Samsung should really push. There are probably a lot of people like me that know the iPhone camera has always been better and just assume it is the same this time around.
    I don't think it's anything new for Samsung. I think they believed their cameras were better for a while.
    10-25-2015 02:28 PM
    While the iPhones were lacking the megapixels, the photos were always fantastic in spite of that. An 8 MP always holding its own against a 16MP was pretty amazing; the photos were just beautiful. The new Samsung cameras however have the MP and great everything else. I would snap a picture on my note and then on my 6s and compare and basically every time I would pick the Note photo...in fact, I can't remember exactly any point where I chose the iPhone photo. Another example was that I was in an old graveyard at dusk finding my ancestors and at a certain point I had to stop taking photos with my iPhone because it just looked terrible while the Note 5 kept looking great.

While I was on the bus after that is when I decided that I was going to return it; I was quite surprised.
    crawfojj and ashishb like this.
    10-25-2015 07:17 PM
    I don't think it's anything new for Samsung. I think they believed their cameras were better for a while.
    Not just picture quality, but overall including ease of use of app, ease of shot in every situation in auto, time to shot, auto focus time, quality of shot in every situation in auto... Samsung made substantial improvement starting with the note 4, but iphone was still better overall. And with the s6/note 5,I would give the lead to Samsung.

Even as late as the note 3 for example, it could take some excellent shots, better than the 5s in ideal situations. But it greatly lacked in low light and motion shots. Not to mention the time to shot was not very good in some situations.
    10-25-2015 11:20 PM
    Well, near every Android OEM made huge strides in 2014. iPhones went from the consensus photo leader to falling a fair amount back in the pack... I think they rested on their laurels for a few generations and now they are playing catch up.
    12-18-2015 04:17 PM
64 123