When listening to Spotify or Pocket Casts (could be with other apps but these are the only ones I use) with headphones on, several times throughout the day a notification will stop playback of the audio, in the app it will look as if it's still playing, but it isn't. The only way to get audio back is to follow these steps in order - unplug headphones, close the app completely, reopen the app, press play, then plug the headphones back in. Doing any of those steps outside of that order usually doesn't bring back the audio. Very annoying, and made worse by the fact that it only sometimes happens when notifications come in, and it has happened with texts, emails, and the 'wifi networks available' notification.

When googling this issue all I can seem to find is people having an issue with audio being paused for a couple seconds when a notification comes in, I wish that was my problem. I'm coming from an Xperia Z3, using the same heaphones, where this issue didn't seem to exist. Any idea what could be causing this? I haven't messed with too many settings since getting the phone and would rather not have to turn notifications off just to workaround this problem.
    10-05-2015 04:59 PM