Note 5 keeps getting "Not charging" or "Docking Station connected" notifications non stop

A

AC Question

Note 5 keeps getting "Not charging" or "Docking Station connected" notifications non stop

Good morning,

I am currently having issues with my Galaxy note 5 and I could use some help/advice. My phone will go through 5 or so minute periods where I get dozens of notifications that my phone is not charging or that it is connected to a docking station. The thing is that the phone is not plugged in nor do I own a docking station. I also get other errors too but these are the most common (power sharing occurs occasionally, so does a message about me not using the right type of cable when none is inserted). The notifications go non stop for a few minutes then are silent for minutes to hours at a time. It'll also show a USB is connected to the phone in the notifications tray as well.

Things I've tried: Clearing Cache, uninstalling most apps, uninstalled updates for apps/clearing cache, rebooting, updating OS (I have version so it's near impossible). I have not factory reset my phone because I have horrible luck with it (When my s5 was factory reset it bricked the phone).

The physical port looks fine I haven't dropped my phone or let water get into it recently. However from what I read online that could be a major issue.

Charging the phone itself has been unaffected. It still charges and holds it with out any major issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

beyondthebay

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 5 keeps getting "Not charging" or "Docking Station connected" notifications non stop

I am having this same issues on two note 5s. Have hard reset one same problem and wiped partition on another same issue. Something is definitely wrong.

RequiemMaestro

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 5 keeps getting "Not charging" or "Docking Station connected" notifications non stop

Same issue with mine. I have Verizon, and I've done a factory data reset. This is becoming ridiculous. Where's the fix?

bajohnson1

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

Same issue. Not seeing any fix anywhere. Also, no acknowledgment by Samsung or Verizon that I can see.

morrisml24

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am having the same issues. It just started yesterday.

bajohnson1

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

This is my second sgn5. I replaced the first one because of this issue. One person suggested cleaning the charging port with a toothbrush - which I did on my current device and appears to have worked. I also uninstalled several apps so not entirely positive which solved the problem - but it hasn't reoccurred in several weeks. Good luck.

bajohnson1

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

This is my second sgn5. I replaced the first one because of this issue. One person suggested cleaning the charging port with a toothbrush - which I did on my current device and appears to have worked. I also uninstalled several apps so not entirely positive which solved the problem - but it hasn't reoccurred in several weeks. Good luck.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm on my second AT&T Note 5. My first one was replaced for a display issue after 30 days of owning. I received a certified like new one from AT&T (after checking, it was determined that it was never used).

Anyway, I had the new one for maybe two weeks and everything has been fine until now. When plugging in any charger, it will charge, not charge, charge, not charge and so on. It beeps like every second or so. If I unplug the charger and plug back in, it will not charge at all. If I use my USB OTG USB drive, it will not boot where as it worked just fine prior to this charging issue.

Now they are sending me a third device.

Also, same results in safe mode.

This is the best phone I've ever owned and on the other hand, the worst phone I've ever owned. Way too many issues for me to deal with.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

Forgot to add, after a again dreaded factory reset, still malfunctions and/or doesn't charge at all and also still does not recognise USB OTG. This is a hunk of garbage phone. My Note 4 never to this day had an issue and I've had it since almost launch. Third time better be a charm or I'm going Nexus all the way after I smash the Note 5 and eat the cost.

JManz

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

The same problem with me. Then every once in a while the Gear VR Welcome page shows up and wants me to get the app. This is driving me nuts. Any help from Samsung? Please....

AlmightySo

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

This just recently happened to me also and it so annoying! My phone was working great and one day I plug in the charger and phone acts up. Anybody find out how to stop this?

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yea I created my own post before I saw this one. Same issues with mine no solution

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

This just recently happened to me also and it so annoying! My phone was working great and one day I plug in the charger and phone acts up. Anybody find out how to stop this?

Replace under warranty.

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site

The same problem with me. Then every once in a while the Gear VR Welcome page shows up and wants me to get the app. This is driving me nuts. Any help from Samsung? Please....

Does this happen once in a while or all the time?

Posted via the Android Central App

alexdoo

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

This happens to my Note 5 at least once every day. The phone will only really charge if I turn it off and charge it. It will not charge (or at least stay at 84%) and sometimes it will even lose battery even though it's connected to a charger! This is ridiculous, does someone have a fix other than sending it to the service center? I can't afford to be without my phone for a while.

morrisml24

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

My problem was the phone's software. I ran the software repair and that fixed the problem for me. You have to plug your phone into a computer to do it though.

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site

My problem was the phone's software. I ran the software repair and that fixed the problem for me. You have to plug your phone into a computer to do it though.

How do you do that?

morrisml24

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

I just plugged mine into the computer woth the original samsung cord and the program popped up to download. In that program was an option to run a software repair/reset. It took about 45 minutes. I dont have a computer at home so i had to do it at work. I can give you more specifics next time I'm at work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz