So I just got a Note 5 (it was actually my wife's) and I have a Hyundai Accent. I have paired the car properly, it shows up as a Paired Device. I see the little Bluetooth symbol in the dashboard. But nothing plays. Music, podcasts, anything. The phone looks like it plays, but there's no audio at all coming from it. I can only get audio if I use an AUX cable, which isn't really a good solution (the USB port doesn't work either, but I read this is because the Note5 uses some other type of connector). In Bluetooth settings for the car I have it set to play audio files.

Any ideas? My Iphone6 worked perfectly, but not the Note 5.
    10-07-2015 02:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--on the phone, if you go to Settings>Bluetooth, and tap the gear icon next to the car, do you see Media Audio checked on?
    10-07-2015 05:14 PM
    I tried this today, just to check.

With my Equinox stereo at normal listening volume, and my note 5 volume at the same volume I use with ear buds, I started my Slacker stream and set my stereo source to bluetooth audio.

I could *barely* hear it... had to turn the volume on the note all the way up (after acknowledging the "too loud music" warning), and turn the stereo volume up higher than normal... and even then, it sounded like crap. Note that this was a downloaded station on Slacker, saved at the highest quality... and still sounded bad streaming through bluetooth.

So yours might be working... just may need to turn it up to actually hear it.
    10-07-2015 07:51 PM
    Media Audio is checked (well it's a green circle that says "ON" but same thing) and volume is turned to max. I can see the audio playing on the device, just there's no sound either from the device itself or through the car. If I hit the "Media" button on the car, it only says "No Media Found" or similar because I don't have any music stored on the phone. The only way I can play audio is via the AUX cable.
    10-08-2015 11:53 AM
    The Hyundai site doesn't yet list the Note5 in its compatibility list, so it's possible the phone isn't completely compatible (at least not yet): https://www.hyundaiusa.com/BlueTooth/
    10-08-2015 06:59 PM
    How'd you make it work with the iPhone 6? :$
    The exact same thing happens to me, but with my iphone.
    01-26-2016 08:44 AM
    The Hyundai site doesn't yet list the Note5 in its compatibility list, so it's possible the phone isn't completely compatible (at least not yet): https://www.hyundaiusa.com/BlueTooth/
    I know this is a sort-of old topic however I'll add that I have a 2014 Elantra GT and my Note 5 has worked flawlessly with Bluetooth (phone and audio) since day one.
    01-26-2016 09:09 AM
    My wife's iPhone 6 would not work with Bluetooth audio the other day when she took my car. The phone worked fine through BT. I didn't look into why yet but if I find out anything, I'll post it up.
    01-26-2016 09:11 AM
    So I just got a Note 5 (it was actually my wife's) and I have a Hyundai Accent. I have paired the car properly, it shows up as a Paired Device. I see the little Bluetooth symbol in the dashboard. But nothing plays. Music, podcasts, anything. The phone looks like it plays, but there's no audio at all coming from it. I can only get audio if I use an AUX cable, which isn't really a good solution (the USB port doesn't work either, but I read this is because the Note5 uses some other type of connector). In Bluetooth settings for the car I have it set to play audio files.

Any ideas? My Iphone6 worked perfectly, but not the Note 5.
    i have a 14 accent and don't have Bluetooth

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-26-2016 04:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Make sure you post your question over here as well: iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-26-2016 10:32 PM