Hi there.

I just bought a Note 5 and from day one haven't been able to keep it paired to my bluetooth in my car. The longest it has stayed paired is a day.

I have deleted the device from my car and on my phone.
    I have also stopped the bluetooth application and deleted the Cached data on the phone, then rebooted.
    Repaired it to the car and it works a couple of times.

Was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there is anything else I can try?

I know my bluetooth in my car is working fine as I can still pair my old Samsung Galaxy 4 and also my wifes Samsung Note 3 and it stays paired as long as I want it to be.

I have called verizon for help but it wasnt very helpful.

Scott
    10-07-2015 09:32 PM
    Your car might only be able to store 2 bluetooth devices. Try forgetting or removing those services from your car unit them paid your phone. It should them connect automatically from then on.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    10-08-2015 03:44 AM
    What kind of car? Mine works perfect in both of my cars ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    maf113 likes this.
    10-08-2015 05:37 AM
    Your car might only be able to store 2 bluetooth devices. Try forgetting or removing those services from your car unit them paid your phone. It should them connect automatically from then on.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    This! I have a FJ Cruiser and each time I get a new phone I go ahead and delete the old one(s). I started doing this after trying to add a phone and it alerted me that I had reached my limit of phones stored.
    10-08-2015 07:35 AM
    Interesting! I had this problem with my Note 4 Edge. The only fix that I found, even though my phone was brand new, was to factory reset it. I think the problem arose when I had the standard Note 4 connected to my stereo, then tried to connect with the Edge. But nothing I could do would fix the problems (like yours and like static and no auto connect) until I factory reset the phone AND deleted all devices from my car stereo (2013 Subaru Impreza). Now it works great!
    10-08-2015 04:07 PM
    Hi Jamez,

Thanks for the post. Yeah I did clear the saved phones so there is nothing under bluetooth and still cant get my phone to stayed paired. I also tried pairing to my wife's car and it worked for 3 times and then stopped pairing again
    10-09-2015 10:40 PM
    Hi Miami1683,

My car is a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and my wifes car is a 2013 Ford.
    10-09-2015 10:41 PM
    Thanks Mr Gadget.
    I will try that this weekend. I called verizon and they sent me a replacement phone saying that it was a bad phone. The new phone they sent me is doing the exact same thing. It is very frustrating, I did some research on line and tried to do the wiping of Cache and stuff and that didnt work either.
    10-09-2015 10:45 PM
    Thanks Mr Gadget.
    I will try that this weekend. I called verizon and they sent me a replacement phone saying that it was a bad phone. The new phone they sent me is doing the exact same thing. It is very frustrating, I did some research on line and tried to do the wiping of Cache and stuff and that didnt work either.
    I'll go over to our Hyundai store and see what I can find out on Monday. Plus see if I can get my phone to pair ovet there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    10-10-2015 03:40 AM
    Hey Miami1683,
    Was wondering what you found out? I took my car into my dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with my car that they were able to pair all the phones they tested and they stayed paired.

I am really disliking Samsung right now
    10-17-2015 09:28 PM
    I had a weird issue with my '15 Ford Fusion. It was dropping out and then sometimes not pairing. What i ended up doing was removed the negative battery cable from the battery and let it sit for a few min then plugged it back in. No problems since
    10-17-2015 10:00 PM
    Hey Cl3arCh0ice. Oh I didnt think of that. i will give that a shot.
    10-20-2015 09:19 PM
    I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and was having problems with the bluetooth on it dropping. This happened on my Note 3 after the lollipop upgrade and it happened with the Note 5. I had no problems keeping a connection in my wife's 2011 Chevy Equinox. I tried everything, a factory reset, clearing cache, bluetooth settings etc. I think the problem is with Lollipop, which I have seen posts about other phones such as the LG G4 having bluetooth issues.

What I did that finally fixed my issue was to buy the app Bluetooth Phonebook, somehow it fixes the Bluetooth connection. You might give it a try.
    Darknessatl likes this.
    10-20-2015 09:57 PM
    I have a new Samsung Note 5 and I purchased a new Chevy Tahoe 2015 with My Link
    It seemed at first to work fine now it connects and disconnects what seems like every minute or two. It used to say "unfortunately Bluetooth has stopped working" . I tried after deleting all from car and auto - reconnected and now it almost seems that when it disconnects the phone is turning off the Bluetooth on the phone. It then reconnects a minute or so later..

I've done everything beside a factory reset that I know of. I contacted GM and they did say others are having this issue.
    Side note, my son has a Samsung Galaxy 5 and it stays linked just fine.
    Help?
    11-03-2015 10:34 AM
    Greetings, question where do you get the bluetooth phone book and how does it work?
    12-04-2015 10:39 AM
    I had the same problem that my Note Edge exhibited with my new LG V10. The answers were with the head unit. I deleted my old phone but that was not enough. I had to go into the head unit and "initialize" the Bluetooth. Now it works like a charm. That was the key to my Note problems too. Do some googling and find how to reset your head unit. All else fails, disconnect your battery for a few minutes...
    12-04-2015 11:11 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...h-issue-5.html

See that thread- a LOT of us are having issues with Bluetooth. Although yours seems like a slightly different issue.
    12-04-2015 02:04 PM
    Yep! Exact same problem with my Note 5 and my 2015 Chevy Silverado! Worked great for a few weeks now having problems. Doesn't seem like anybody has a fix just yet so I'll keep looking. At least it's good to know I'm not the only one having this crazy issue!
    03-17-2016 07:31 AM
    I have the same problem with my 2016 Ford Escape and new Note 5. It worked at first and then started disconnecting every few minutes. When I called Verizon, they told me that the Note 5 is not compatible with Ford's SYNC 3. Sure enough, if you go to the Ford website, the Note 5 is not listed as being compatible. My problem seemed to start when I tried to listen to media from the phone, rather than my iPod Touch. It worked as long as I was trying to just use it as a phone. Now it doesn't stay connected for either purpose. I want to retry with the Android update I ran last night to see if it's better today.
    03-17-2016 07:59 AM
    I wanted to share some of my Bluetooth connection experiences...

I had an issue with Bluetooth disconnecting from a Buick Verano I rented. The phone would disconnect and reconnect. There were no other phones listed in the connected device settings of the car, I ended up disconnecting the Bluetooth to the car. My ipod had connection issues as well so i had earbuds in the entire road trip.

I have my Note 5 connected to my Gear 2 Neo and I have a Tao Tronics Bluetooth adapter in my car and most of the time both pair up fine. From time to time I will disconnect the watch because the media on the Tao unit wont connect.
    The main fix I do is to toggle the phone Bluetooth on and off and both devices pair up fine. I have never had audio disconnect from the Tao unit after it connects.

A few months ago I tried the Auto Mate app. I ended up deleting the app because it started to cause audio disconnects from my Tau unit. Overall I have not had many issues using the Bluetooth with my watch or Tao Tronics adapter.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-19-2016 08:53 AM