network issues

Rpba123

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I recently purchased the note 5, experiencing issues with data connection. If I reach anywhere there is no 4g coverage and the network state changes to H+, I cannot browse at all. Play store stops working and the chrome always results in ERR_NETWORK_CLOSED or DNS_PROBE_STARTED.

When I disable data and enable it, things work fine for a few minutes and then returns to the issues. I have done a factory reset of data and settings, still facing the same issue.

At the same time there is a note 4 and an iPhone 6 that works fine on H+, to add to the misery they sometimes have 4g when the note 5 is struggling on H+

And yes the note 5 works perfectly on WiFi

Wondering if anyone else is facing this issue. Please let me know if there is a fix or I shall take the phone back to the store.

Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I don't know if its the same thing but I have noticed that my Note 5 gets significantly worse reception than my old G4 in the same areas. I had just assumed that the radios aren't as good in the Note 5.

Corbino22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem!! I am on my second Note 5 now...soon to be THIRD!! This happened to me after the first two weeks of buying it except it happened EVERYWHERE and then on my second phone after 2 weeks it just started happening in certain areas!! Sooooooo frustrating!!

Please tell me there's a solution??

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung antennas are crap

dreaming of electric sheep
I Googled "best for lte note 5 6s g4 x style" and it seems like the note 5 is the best overall... At least for lte.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Corbino22

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Well it seems weird that the phone works perfect for a while then works terrible after a few weeks? Wouldn't it just work bad from start if it was antenna?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the AT&T Note 5. This issue began suddenly where it would go from 4G LTE to HSPA+ and I would have to either do the toggle to and from airplane mode or do a reboot to restore LTE., only to have it go back to HSPA+. Look under settings, connections, more connection settings, then reset network settings. It asked for my password and once entered it did a network reset. You will have to reconfigure the bluetooth and wifi password. I now have a strong LTE connection again with no step down to HSPA+.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.