10-24-2015 06:01 PM
83 1234
tools
    Lollipop really pooped on my Note 4 and so far Marshmallow has been nice on this Nexus 5 so I'd like to see my Note 4 get it. I'll install it on my Nexus 6 today.

10-09-2015 10:31 AM
    I'm wondering how many people watched I/O 2015 and know what is coming in Marshmallow?

Many of the things we have been asking for.. A lot of control over permissions and notifications and then there is Doze. There are a lot of good, fun features coming, but permissions, turning off heads up notifications or choosing which apps will give heads up notifications and Doze to help save battery, are major.
    10-09-2015 10:59 AM
    I'm going to update my Nexus 6 and see how it goes. If it's solid there then I will look for my Note 5. Until it's proven to be solid I'll stay where I'm at. My phone is super good right now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    10-09-2015 11:05 AM
    I'm with verizon so I'll probably need marshmallow to get Samsung Pay to work, since Verizon said it was coming in a future update
    Eddster likes this.
    10-09-2015 11:22 AM
    I came to note5 from nexus5, which just got the 6.0 other yesterday. Doze works...overnight battery drain cut in half..

So far after one day no bugs..

I love having most up to date software. Can't wait for it on my note5

Posted via the Android Central App
    vm81, Kelly Kearns and crawfojj like this.
    10-09-2015 11:47 AM
    I dunno :/ this is my first Note but I've read plenty about what past updates did to past Notes and it makes me wary. I'll probably wait til some feedback gets out there on it because it is running pretty dang good right now.

10-09-2015 12:08 PM
    I don't have a Note 5 but I am really excited for MM coming to my Moto X Pure Edition. I know I would be excited for Android M if I had a Note 5 -- I like what Google has done .
    10-09-2015 12:09 PM
    I dunno :/ this is my first Note but I've read plenty about what past updates did to past Notes and it makes me wary. I'll probably wait til some feedback gets out there on it because it is running pretty dang good right now.

Which was totally overblown due to the fact that a small number of users experienced problems that may have been connected and people with problems post about it, people not having problems don't post that, which is true of all things.
    TBolt and pinkvikchick like this.
    10-09-2015 01:29 PM
    I (every Android user should) want it for the battery management. Has app sleeping code that should make a serious impact.

10-09-2015 03:00 PM
    definitely not, ive had at least 2 phones completely hosed from receiving an update before. ill pass
    10-09-2015 04:28 PM
    Which was totally overblown due to the fact that a small number of users experienced problems that may have been connected and people with problems post about it, people not having problems don't post that, which is true of all things.
    This is correct. We tend to over generalize facts that we encounter. People only post about the bad, not much people would spend the time and effort to post the good stuff.

If we believe everything we see and read, we would never travel fly anywhere. We would think airplanes constantly crash and get hijacked or lost. You have a higher chance getting killed by lightning than flying. The benefits we get from Marshmallow far outweighs the odds of it bricking your phone.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    10-09-2015 04:55 PM
    I'm wondering how many people watched I/O 2015 and know what is coming in Marshmallow?

Many of the things we have been asking for.. A lot of control over permissions and notifications and then there is Doze. There are a lot of good, fun features coming, but permissions, turning off heads up notifications or choosing which apps will give heads up notifications and Doze to help save battery, are major.
    Excellent point, the app permissions are a significant stepforward. I've wanted this for years.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    10-09-2015 06:02 PM
    Of course I want it. But the most important things is Samsung must prepare it perfectly. I will not upgrade my Note 5 if there are a lot of bugs in Android M.
    10-09-2015 06:05 PM
    Absolutely. It finally addresses the Lollipop battery drain issues and enables control of permissions.
    10-09-2015 08:33 PM
    I'm not even sure of what Marshmallow offers or doesn't, but, I'd like to try it.
    Having said that, I'm be rather disappointed if it changed how the battery works on my Note 5. Currently, I get almost two days of battery use, and that is lite to moderate use.

I suppose the bigger question is, "...do I need Marshmallow...?" I doubt it, I'm sure I'll survive just fine. But, as a tech person, why wouldn't I want to try it?
    Honestly, who am I kidding, I'm downloading it as soon as AT&T says I can
    10-09-2015 08:48 PM
    I just installed it on my 2013 nexus7. Its smother than lolipop. Not sure about the battery life yet though. Too soon to tell.
    10-09-2015 11:36 PM
    I am currently using Kitkat on both of my device still waiting for the update to be available with my phones. What are new features by the way of this Marshmallow update?
    10-10-2015 03:18 AM
    I am currently using Kitkat on both of my device still waiting for the update to be available with my phones. What are new features by the way of this Marshmallow update?
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...oid-m-features
    10-10-2015 09:38 AM
    Except that it may be the only way you will get the latest security updates quickly. But I understand your hesitation. I think Lollipop was a tough upgrade all around for many devices. From what I have read, Marshmallow doesn't seem to be causing nearly as many problems. I myself will wait a month when 6.0 comes out for my phone, then do a search for problems on my phones before doing the updates. If it seems acceptable, I will upgrade.

No way to know until it comes out and we see feedback. Unfortunately, for Samsung, they have a lot more bells and whistles to make work.

As to the basic question of who wants it. Well, I think the real question is, who doesn't want it. You say now that you are happy with L, but tell me you won't be excited when it actually comes out.
    10-10-2015 01:43 PM
    I am. I want apps to start behaving. This is one thing I hate about Android. The Facebook app especially needs to calm the eff down.
    10-10-2015 05:33 PM
    I am. I want apps to start behaving. This is one thing I hate about Android. The Facebook app especially needs to calm the eff down.
    Totally agree! I refuse to install it on my phone. I'll run it on my tablet because I don't really care so much on it, but I will not let the FB app anywhere near my phone
    10-11-2015 09:22 AM
    If you have an unlocked Nexus 6, does the OTA Marshmallow come from your carrier (mine's AT&T) or from Google directly?

If it comes from the carrier, do you have to have your cellular data turned on to get it? or can it come via WiFi?

Dumb questions, I know.
    10-11-2015 10:43 AM
    Not sure how much it helps but I have the ATT nexus 6(connected) and im still waiting on 6.0...I used to have the Nexus 5(not currently connected) and it already got the 6.0 update over wifi.
    10-12-2015 03:34 AM
    Ha! I find the Android Facebook app to be particularly horrible. The iOS version is definitely the lesser of two evils. It's way more polished than the Android version, which needs a lot of work.

10-12-2015 11:55 PM
    Not strictly related to the topic, but I'm surprised at the number of people commenting here who seem to dislike heads up notifications. I happen to really like them and thought they were an improvement since the last time I used Android. Maybe it's because I'm mainly an iPhone user.

10-12-2015 11:59 PM
83 1234