Who wants 6.0 Marshmallow

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to know how many people want the next android update. For me I don't know if I want it. There isn't anything I've heard that's really exciting to me and in my past experiences the updates generally only cause problems. The phone works great now and I don't want it to get messed up.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it brings better notification handling, I'd be on board. Not sure if you can turn the (insert plethora of insults here) heads up notifications off in Marshmallow though, but I hope they do.

Either way, it's coming. T-Mobile confirmed that their Note 5 is getting it, so that means Samsung has to release it first to them.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I'm good. Kit kat update murdered my Note 3, I didn't think I was still bitter about it, but turns out I am...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I have seldom had any phone that works as well after an update. Builders have much longer time to check out everything in original configuration. You change it for the newest thing with some new gimmick and some original features are borked....or sometimes everything is.

jeremy81

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for it for one feature.. Native support for fingerprint scanners. I'm hoping app developers will implement it like they have on iOS with TouchID.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking a lot about this. Lollipop 5.01 destroyed my note 4 and made it my most loved, yet most hated device to date. There are quirks about the Note 5 I'd like changed, but those are just bug fixes and patches I don't think Samsung needs Marshmallow for. I do love a good update, but I'm still bitter and extremely cautious after I saw a fantastic device ruined by a new software. I'm so insanely happy with how the note 5 runs 98% of the time that I would possibly cry if I update to MM and it destroys it. More practically, I'm not keeping it as long as I kept the Note 4 holding out for a change, I'm just moving over to iOS possibly. If it fixes the Android System battery drain and truly brings deep sleeping, I'm all for it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If it brings better notification handling, I'd be on board. Not sure if you can turn the (insert plethora of insults here) heads up notifications off in Marshmallow though, but I hope they do.

Either way, it's coming. T-Mobile confirmed that their Note 5 is getting it, so that means Samsung has to release it first to them.

Yup, as long as the carriers don't mess with it, you can turn off the heads up. V did it on his Nexus.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm ready for it to turn off heads up notifications without having to use a third party app and for the access to permissions for each app.

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait a bit.
I have my Note 5 setup the way I want and it is working real well for me.
Why mess with a good thing till I see that the majority of Puffy White bugs are deceased.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well this is why Google, then Samsung and then the carrier, has testing.

I have been updating since Donut, I have never had a firmware update that has messed up my phone. Now an incremental update, yes, I have had one mess up my phone, but that has probably been more of an issue with a corrupted download.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I will wait and try to postpone it as long as possible because lollipop killed my note 4,and my note 5 is running butter like right now I ain't trying to mess up a good thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda excited for it. Since the phone is still under warrantly, as it should be for everybody, I'm not worried about it killing the phone.

I'm excited for the doze feature which should help battery life and the Google Now on Tap.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It's tougher for Android updates. There are so many handsets from different manufacturers. Then layer on carrier mods. Some handsets won't do as well. But I'll take the update when I can get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney