Who wants 6.0 Marshmallow

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering if Marshmallow will cause any problems with FoxFi. (for Verizon unlimited data plan users)

is there a way to permanently prevent my Verizon Note 5 from being updated to Marshmallow?

Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading about Doze and everyone so far has been praising it -- It apparently really helps battery life :).

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if Marshmallow will cause any problems with FoxFi. (for Verizon unlimited data plan users)

is there a way to permanently prevent my Verizon Note 5 from being updated to Marshmallow?

Thanks!

If you have Package Disabler pro disable the two System Updates packages. Has been working for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

veritas_vincit

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Who wouldn't?... as long as it brings the required security patches for the device, but I'm OK with 5.1. It does the job. A big improvement from the previous OS versions. It provides what I currently need. Anything else is just icing for my cake... or better say... lollipop.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not strictly related to the topic, but I'm surprised at the number of people commenting here who seem to dislike heads up notifications. I happen to really like them and thought they were an improvement since the last time I used Android. Maybe it's because I'm mainly an iPhone user.

Posted via the Android Central App

The heads up notifications are had because you had zero privacy if your phone is on the table or someone is looking at it. Also the notifications cover up any video, game or map. I had to turn off notifications once when driving out of town because they kept covering up my map so much I missed two exits.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading about Doze and everyone so far has been praising it -- It apparently really helps battery life :).
Yep. This is the main reason to want Marshmallow. Battery life is fine now, but better battery life is always a plus.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The heads up notifications are had because you had zero privacy if your phone is on the table or someone is looking at it. Also the notifications cover up any video, game or map. I had to turn off notifications once when driving out of town because they kept covering up my map so much I missed two exits.

Do you not have this option....

Attachments

• 1445475110145.jpg
    1445475110145.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 18

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Note 5 for three days now. I'm quite happy with 5.1.1. Having used S3, and N2-4, the N5 with TouchWiz and 5.1.1 is super smooth and fluid.

Although I didn't have any issues (besides lag) when my N4 was updated from Kit Kat to Lollipop, I am a bit cautious. I'm all for Marshmallow if it does not cause the overall N5 experience and capabilities to be reduced.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't stop the heads up notifications, only the notifications on the lockscreen.

Ooohhh, gotcha. I just swipe away the heads up ones when they pop up if I'm busy.... Come to think of it, the only heads up ones I ever see are textra or phone calls... I think...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20