Galaxy Note 5 SOS feature

jparlin1960

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I called the Samsung help number today to get some assistance with the native SOS feature of the Note 5. I started by dialing *611 and speaking with Verizon. The person I talked to was Marylyn. She was both friendly and helpful and truly tried to understand the issue I was having which is that the SOS feature does not work if you use a fingerprint authentication on the Note 5. After some time she transferred me to Samsung support at 888-987-4357. I was connected to Emigdio who was using a cell phone. The audio and background noise contributed to the worst audio phone call experience I ever had. He did his best to research the issue but came up with the idea to give me a ticket reference number 2139241050 as he wanted me to call back from a line other than my droid phone. I called back and gave the reference number to Samantha. She was so helpful friendly, and the call was clear as could be. I removed the fingerprint authentication and the SOS app worked so well that one of my daughters sent a squad car to my house because I hadn't warned the four people on my list that I was trying to get the SOS app to work. If you use fingerprint authentication, SOS will not work until Google fixes it, so don't even try. Other swipe methods are ok, but if you use the fingerprint authentication, SOS will not work. I'm coming off of a 5 day hospital stay so SOS is important to me. 911 is always first but SOS is to let my family support people know that I have called for help. The police offer was not amused. Google needs to test interoperability with all of there "features". In my opinion, everyone should have SOS enabled because you never know when you might need it. Google, please solve this problem.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just tested. Mine worked fingerprint locked.

Now I'm on T-Mobile. This might be a Verizon issue.

Attachments

• 1444352438323.jpg
    1444352438323.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 35

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have tested it and it seems very cool. It..

1.) Takes a picture from your front facing camera
2.) Takes a picture from your rear facing camera
3.) Records a short audio or whatever is going on
4.) Marks down your gps location
5.) Sends it select few contacts you choose.

I sent it to my brother to test it and its really awesome. I'm sure it'll be really useful if somebody is attacking you.
However, I worry more about accidentally hitting power button 3 times and scaring all my family members than actually being attacked so I'm debating turning it off but at the moment, I still have it on.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have tested it and it seems very cool. It..

1.) Takes a picture from your front facing camera
2.) Takes a picture from your rear facing camera
3.) Records a short audio or whatever is going on
4.) Marks down your gps location
5.) Sends it select few contacts you choose.

I sent it to my brother to test it and its really awesome. I'm sure it'll be really useful if somebody is attacking you.
However, I worry more about accidentally hitting power button 3 times and scaring all my family members than actually being attacked so I'm debating turning it off but at the moment, I still have it on.

I had it on my S5 and N4, you really have to make an effort to hit the power button 3 times fast together.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had it on my S5 and N4, you really have to make an effort to hit the power button 3 times fast together.

That's good to know. Sometimes I would hit the power button because I want to check the time, then I would power it off again after seeing time, then I would realize I forgot to check email or something and would hit power again, but I'll assume I have to hit it even quicker than that.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I tried it out last week. My husband immediately called. The text says SOS I needed help and it sends it 3 times with all the stuff a previous poster said. Hubs was impressed...as was I.

At&t Note5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton