10-25-2015 07:24 PM
74 123
tools
    I have been switching back and forth from apple to android over the last few years.
    I now have the iPhone 6 and Note 5. I just switched to gmail calendar, contacts, etc. side sync does the rest.
    I work for apple, and love iOS, but its so damn boring. no customization, other than the wallpaper and number of apps on the home screen.
    no widgets: i love quick info. google now is as good as siri and most of the time better.

I like the way iOS handles videos on FB etc. but the note 5 is incredible. I am keeping both. both are active on the same plan.
    but the iPhone collects a Lot of dust. I use the Note 5 99.999% of the time. Best device ever made. Not giving up my Note 5 for iOS.
    If i could not have Both. I would still chose the Note over the iPhone.
    I've always said that when I'm buying a Note I'm buying the best smartphone. When I'm buying the iPhone, I'm getting the best ecosystem. This time, I went with the best smartphone.

Note in my house!
    mayconvert likes this.
    10-21-2015 04:20 AM
    I went and swapped my Note 5 for an iPhone yesterday just for the sake of trying something new! 7 hours later I was back at T-Mobile getting my Galaxy back... I don't know how iPhone users do it. There seemed to be a complete lack of customization or options! Lesson learned...
    10-21-2015 05:26 AM
    I went and swapped my Note 5 for an iPhone yesterday just for the sake of trying something new! 7 hours later I was back at T-Mobile getting my Galaxy back... I don't know how iPhone users do it. There seemed to be a complete lack of customization or options! Lesson learned...
    iPhones do not let you customize.... unless you're talking about the hundreds of fabulous phone cases that you can get.

such as these.... they are never available for Samsung flagship phone... only iPhones.

I Just Couldn't Decide...-retrogamecasescomingsoona.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uEp0kRek2QA

or here: (first one is Boobs iPhone case, probably NSFW, so click at your own risk)
    NSFW(probably): http://odditymall.com/blog/top-10-weirdest-iphone-cases
    10-21-2015 08:47 AM
    iPhones do not let you customize.... unless you're talking about the hundreds of fabulous phone cases that you can get.

such as these.... they are never available for Samsung flagship phone... only iPhones.
    That's pretty cool. I might get one as an conversation piece.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RetroGameCasesComingSoonA.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	202379

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uEp0kRek2QA

or here: (first one is Boobs iPhone case, probably NSFW, so click at your own risk)
    NSFW(probably): Top 10 Weirdest iPhone Cases
    that's pretty cool! I might get one as a conversation piece.
    10-21-2015 10:38 AM
    that's pretty cool! I might get one as a conversation piece.
    wait.. which one? the puzzle phone case or the boobs phone case?
    10-21-2015 10:44 AM
    You lasted a whole 7 hours huh? LOL
    10-21-2015 12:36 PM
    I agree to a point but when I'm paying $840 for a phone I expect everything to be optimized out of the box. That's the strong point of iPhone. The premium price paid someone else to work at optimizing the device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Not when you are wanting a phone that gives you control, which is what Android is. Everyone uses their phones in a different way, that is why Android can't be optimized for everyone out of box.
    10-21-2015 01:15 PM
    What is wrong with apple pay?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Apple Pay and Android Pay aren't even close to the same thing as Samsung Pay.
    10-21-2015 01:17 PM
    Apple Pay and Android Pay aren't even close to the same thing as Samsung Pay.
    You are correct. Just used samsung pay at the local mom and pops. Funny how tech journalist are not drooling over this as they did with apple pay.

10-21-2015 01:20 PM
    You are correct. Just used samsung pay at the local mom and pops. Funny how tech journalist are not drooling over this as they did with apple pay.

Well Samsung Pay doesn't require a vendor to sign up or a tap and pay terminal.
    10-21-2015 03:04 PM
    You lasted a whole 7 hours huh? LOL
    Yup. 7 hours... It was only a matter of minutes before I started missing all the features of my Android/Note 5

NSFW(probably): Top 10 Weirdest iPhone Cases
    Seems how this isn't the 90's, I'm gonna need more than a gimmicky case to justify have a certain phone.....
    10-22-2015 05:15 AM
    You can't. iPhones automatically default to regular SMS when you text someone who is not using an Apple device. Probably about 99% of the people I communicate with regularly all use iPhones, so I rarely end up using regular SMS.
    Not entirely true. It will take SMS and send them to multiple devices as well. That is probably the number one feature it has going for it in my mind. Of course as with anything Apple, it only works with other Apple products. I wish hangouts would take over my number and work seamlessly on both Android and ios.

Through me in the ring as a confused iPhone user wondering if I can make a go at it with the Note. I have owned many Android phones through the years but always seem to fall back to Apple. Something about this phone is really making me reconsider.

I am keeping a close eye on AT&T's one number plan coming out this month. It could be the answer for those of us who can never make up our mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    The beauty of iMessage is: it is all happening seamlessly within iMessage. You don't need to leave or worry about what app to use? Group MMS, SMS, and iMessage all work together regardless of what kind of phone folks on the other end has. It just works, that is the theme.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2015 05:48 AM
    wait.. which one? the puzzle phone case or the boobs phone case?
    Both! they're practical. The boobs one is even a stand!
    10-22-2015 08:29 AM
    The beauty of iMessage is: it is all happening seamlessly within iMessage. You don't need to leave or worry about what app to use? Group MMS, SMS, and iMessage all work together regardless of what kind of phone folks on the other end has. It just works, that is the theme.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
    Yeah works seamlessly until a person changes from iPhone to Android.
    10-23-2015 03:27 AM
    If Android could figure out how to address this issue and implement something similar to iMessage, they could pry a lot of people from iOS.

Note in my house!
    10-23-2015 05:39 AM
    Yeah work seamlessly until a person changes from iPhone to Android.
    There is a self-service provided by Apple for you to deregister your number from iMessage which will take affect instantly. I don't see any issue. I have done it many times when switching back and forth.
    10-23-2015 05:49 AM
    There is a self-service provided by Apple for you to deregister your number from iMessage which will take affect instantly. I don't see any issue. I have done it many times when switching back and forth.
    Yes. Now it isn't an issue, but it used to be a pain.

Note in my house!
    10-23-2015 05:51 AM
    Yes. Now it isn't an issue, but it used to be a pain.

Note in my house!
    "Now it isn't an issue", there you go... somehow many people were misinformed of what "Used to be" and keep on bringing up as an issue going forward.
    10-23-2015 06:09 AM
    "Now it isn't an issue", there you go... somehow many people were misinformed of what "Used to be" and keep on bringing up as an issue going forward.
    I think it's because Apple quietly fixed it. But yes, it's no longer an issue and consumers should no longer fear making a switch to Androic because of it.

Note in my house!
    10-23-2015 06:37 AM
    Yeah doesn't always work. I've experienced the issue with it myself and we have had numerous on this forum experience the problem that the fail proof fix, fails.
    10-23-2015 06:44 AM
    It is still an issue for many. Not misinformed at all.
    10-23-2015 06:44 AM
    It is still an issue for many.
    All people need to do is turn iMessage off before making the switch. If you forget you just deactivate on Apple site. Simple and done it a bunch of times
    10-23-2015 06:47 AM
    All people need to do is turn iMessage off before making the switch. If you forget you just deactivate on Apple site. Simple and done it a bunch of times
    Yeah.. Doesn't always work. Like I said, I've had the problem once myself and had to go through a mess with Apple. My niece has had the issue almost every time she has to use my Android to get her iPhone repaired, which is about 5 or 6 times a year. I've had it work perfectly once and it was a mess the second time. Also the amount of posts we have here where people have done that and still a problem, shows that doesn't always work.

They have followed the steps and then follow the steps we give them to fix it and still have an issue. It just isn't foolproof and it is the reason I stopped using iMessage any time I had to use an iPhone. I just will not use it.
    10-23-2015 06:55 AM
    I have an IPhone 6s through work. Long story short for the last 2.5 years work allowed me to have any phone so I had a Note 3 and loved it. Just upgraded about 2 weeks ago and was told they were now exclusively only supporting I phones. I had an IPhone 6 Plus for 3 days and shortly after an IOS Update it was freezing, had multiple red screen / crash / restart issues. I was able to turn it in for an IPhone 6S. It's decent but I really missed my androids. Missed so much that even though my work phone is fully paid for with plan and all, I went to ATT and got a deal on a Note 5. This is an awesome phone and for me the Iphones don't touch it. I'll be keeping the IPhone because it's through worn and I've had that number for years. But I do use the Note far more

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-25-2015 07:24 PM
74 123