I Just Couldn't Decide...

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You lasted a whole 7 hours huh? LOL

Yup. 7 hours... It was only a matter of minutes before I started missing all the features of my Android/Note 5

iPhones do not let you customize.... unless you're talking about the hundreds of fabulous phone cases that you can get.

such as these.... they are never available for Samsung flagship phone... only iPhones. :(

or here: (first one is Boobs iPhone case, probably NSFW, so click at your own risk)
NSFW(probably): Top 10 Weirdest iPhone Cases

Seems how this isn't the 90's, I'm gonna need more than a gimmicky case to justify have a certain phone.....

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't. iPhones automatically default to regular SMS when you text someone who is not using an Apple device. Probably about 99% of the people I communicate with regularly all use iPhones, so I rarely end up using regular SMS.

Not entirely true. It will take SMS and send them to multiple devices as well. That is probably the number one feature it has going for it in my mind. Of course as with anything Apple, it only works with other Apple products. I wish hangouts would take over my number and work seamlessly on both Android and ios.

Through me in the ring as a confused iPhone user wondering if I can make a go at it with the Note. I have owned many Android phones through the years but always seem to fall back to Apple. Something about this phone is really making me reconsider.

I am keeping a close eye on AT&T's one number plan coming out this month. It could be the answer for those of us who can never make up our mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
The beauty of iMessage is: it is all happening seamlessly within iMessage. You don't need to leave or worry about what app to use? Group MMS, SMS, and iMessage all work together regardless of what kind of phone folks on the other end has. It just works, that is the theme.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The beauty of iMessage is: it is all happening seamlessly within iMessage. You don't need to leave or worry about what app to use? Group MMS, SMS, and iMessage all work together regardless of what kind of phone folks on the other end has. It just works, that is the theme.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Yeah works seamlessly until a person changes from iPhone to Android.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If Android could figure out how to address this issue and implement something similar to iMessage, they could pry a lot of people from iOS.

Note in my house!

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah work seamlessly until a person changes from iPhone to Android.
There is a self-service provided by Apple for you to deregister your number from iMessage which will take affect instantly. I don't see any issue. I have done it many times when switching back and forth.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
There is a self-service provided by Apple for you to deregister your number from iMessage which will take affect instantly. I don't see any issue. I have done it many times when switching back and forth.

Yes. Now it isn't an issue, but it used to be a pain.

Note in my house!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
"Now it isn't an issue", there you go... somehow many people were misinformed of what "Used to be" and keep on bringing up as an issue going forward.

I think it's because Apple quietly fixed it. But yes, it's no longer an issue and consumers should no longer fear making a switch to Androic because of it.

Note in my house!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah doesn't always work. I've experienced the issue with it myself and we have had numerous on this forum experience the problem that the fail proof fix, fails.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
All people need to do is turn iMessage off before making the switch. If you forget you just deactivate on Apple site. Simple and done it a bunch of times

Yeah.. Doesn't always work. Like I said, I've had the problem once myself and had to go through a mess with Apple. My niece has had the issue almost every time she has to use my Android to get her iPhone repaired, which is about 5 or 6 times a year. I've had it work perfectly once and it was a mess the second time. Also the amount of posts we have here where people have done that and still a problem, shows that doesn't always work.

They have followed the steps and then follow the steps we give them to fix it and still have an issue. It just isn't foolproof and it is the reason I stopped using iMessage any time I had to use an iPhone. I just will not use it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have an IPhone 6s through work. Long story short for the last 2.5 years work allowed me to have any phone so I had a Note 3 and loved it. Just upgraded about 2 weeks ago and was told they were now exclusively only supporting I phones. I had an IPhone 6 Plus for 3 days and shortly after an IOS Update it was freezing, had multiple red screen / crash / restart issues. I was able to turn it in for an IPhone 6S. It's decent but I really missed my androids. Missed so much that even though my work phone is fully paid for with plan and all, I went to ATT and got a deal on a Note 5. This is an awesome phone and for me the Iphones don't touch it. I'll be keeping the IPhone because it's through worn and I've had that number for years. But I do use the Note far more

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks