Sometimes while texting, the other person's response shows before mine, even though I responded first. Confusing much?

My friend asked where I was headed. I said I'm in MS heading to TN. She said nice. But on the text thread, it shows her saying "nice" before I told her where I was headed.

Happened to any of you? I'm on stock Messaging and she's on an iPhone.

At&t Note5
    10-09-2015 11:20 AM
    I have both an iPhone and as of yesterday, a brand new Note 5. Obviously there are things I love about both platforms since I'm rocking two phones, but the ONE iOS feature that I hands down wish was available on Android is iMessage. I've always found SMS/MMS to be problematic for variety of reasons. Say what you want about Apple, but one thing they definitely got right was iMessage. Well ,aside from it being exclusive to Apple devices that is. I know Apple has absolutely no incentive to open it up to other platforms, but I would gladly pay to use it on Android. Many here won't understand because they've probably never used iMessage and will think that it's exactly the same as Hangouts. Well that's not the case and trust me, you'd really have to use it to understand why. I know the carriers are SLOWLY rolling out "rich" messaging with ways to enable sending larger files/pics/videos/gifs over SMS and better group messaging, but for now regular SMS/MMS continues to lag behind in many ways.
    10-09-2015 12:18 PM
    This is the first time I've ever had an issue. I guess its not even a real issue since I'm able to send and receive messages. It's just out of order for some reason

At&t Note5
    10-09-2015 01:29 PM
    to me, its sounds more like a carrier issue than device
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-09-2015 04:30 PM
    Also you only noticed it when traversing states? More than likely a carrier delivery issue. Like someone else said. If you're still in the 'other' state, restart your device and send a message again. Maybe restarting the device will allow it to connect to your carriers tower properly...
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-10-2015 10:15 AM
    Also you only noticed it when traversing states? More than likely a carrier delivery issue. Like someone else said. If you're still in the 'other' state, restart your device and send a message again. Maybe restarting the device will allow it to connect to your carriers tower properly...
    I thought about that too. Makes sense. I'll be able to test further in a day or so. Switching time zones again

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 07:09 PM