Poetic Affinity Note 5 case review

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I accepted a request to try this case out and give a review. My review model is a hard crystal clear slim – style case with clear frosted soft side panels and bezel lip. This same frosted material is patterned on the back face to provide some tactile grip when the phone is placed face up. The side panels have soft covers for the volume and power buttons which allow button access without having to use more force than the naked buttons. The bezel lip is tactile enough that placing the phone facedown holds the phone stationary even on a polished hardwood surface. The case does slide in and out of my pocket without issues. The grill for the speaker and the cutouts for the headphone jack, power cord, S pen, etc. are properly located so that they are all easily accessible. That said, extracting the extended push button top of the S pen can only be done from the backside of the case. This isn’t really an issue but you should be aware of this minor idiosyncrasy. The case fits very snugly over the phone so it shouldn’t ever come off from impact. IMO the best features of this case are the fact that the outer surface mimics the curvature of the sides of the phone thereby retaining the lovely body design, the crystal clear case material the allows the beautiful phone colors and highlights to be seen, and the total absence of irritating hard edges on the case exterior. While I normally carry my Note 5 naked, I will be using this case whenever I am going to expose it to environments that expose it to a high risk of physical damage.

AffinityCase2.jpg
AffinityCase3.jpg
AffinityCase4.jpg

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Nicely done. One more thing, how is it when using the vibrate option? Can you feel it okay?
With the Verus cases, you hardly feel it; hence my question...

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Nicely done. One more thing, how is it when using the vibrate option? Can you feel it okay?
With the Verus cases, you hardly feel it; hence my question...

While I don't use the vibration mode I did turn it on for keyboard and App keys and tried it without the case and with the case. To my unscientific test the vibration in my hand seemed to be the same or very close to the same with or without the case mounted. I hope that helps.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Got my review case as well. I have been using a Verus Crystal Clear bumper case. I am liking the Affinity case much better. It's really slim. For a case that has this much protection itbhas a very slim profile. I like that the top and bottom have a softer material. This helps with finger fatigue.(not sure if that a thing but feels like it) The Verus case is sharp toward the bottom but the Affinity has a nice soft touch feel. The back maintains the curve and sides have great grip. All cutouts fit my 3rd party cables and Monster DNA in ears just fine. This is a good option for someone looking for a slim protective case.

Sent from my Note 5

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I also got my review case and I'm loving it. The best thing about it is that it keeps the phone's slim profile and isn't bulky at all. I also love the fact that the case has some grip to it, which is much needed with this slippery phone. This case has become my daily driver!

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have this case and I really like it. As everyone has stated, it does provide good protection, without bulk. I plan on using this case for months to come.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I got one too for trialing and am using it for awhile before I write a review on it. I typically like the larger protective cases, like my Otterbox, but I'm carrying it around for now and getting more pocket time than hip carry for now.

After a couple more weeks, I'll write something on it.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just received my case for review today. My initial thoughts are positive. It's fits well and the holes line up perfectly. It is light/thin but still seems it would provide good protection if dropped.

I'll hold the rest of my thoughts until I've used it a few days and come back with more detailed information.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...was the case worth it?

I just received my case for review today. My initial thoughts are positive. It's fits well and the holes line up perfectly. It is light/thin but still seems it would provide good protection if dropped.

I'll hold the rest of my thoughts until I've used it a few days and come back with more detailed information.

Posted via the Android Central App

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine has black edges along the side and a black pattern on back. Hard to describe but Amazon has pics. I think it looks oddly attractive. Anyway it's got all the bases covered IMO. The buttons are easy to push, it's slim, grippy, the pen is easy to remove and has reinforcement at the corners. I'd say 90 pct of the cases I try fail to get at least one of these right. It's held up well over a couple months of use. No discoloration or deterioration. Very good case in my view.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma