The Verizon Note5 was $696. I only paid $269 because of the $400 off promotion that Verizon was running last month. The $269 is on Device Payment Plan and I will pay it off completely next month.

I actually bought four of them at the $296 price. I'm going to ship one of them to a relative in Hawaii.

If I only paid $269 for the phone(as shown on the receipt), can I insure it for the full replacement cost of $696? I had this debate with post office this morning. They said no. In case of a total loss, I will be required to submit a receipt showing the purchase price and that's how much the post office insurance will pay out. This can't be right.. or can it? I spoke with FedEx on the phone and apparently their policy is also about the say. Except in FedEx's case, they do not sell "insurance" but I can only declare a value and pay accordingly.... they also said the claim will be paid out base on the actual price paid as show on the receipt that I provide.
    10-10-2015 02:28 PM
    What the hell. I just paid full price for a Note 5 from Verizon. I may just return it, and wait for another huge sale. $400 off ... Unreal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-11-2015 08:19 AM
    I'm pretty sure that is correct or people would be shipping all kinds of junk and having it show up "damaged" and claiming 5 times how much they paid.

Personally, I wouldn't ship a phone USPS, I would do FedEx or UPS.
    10-11-2015 10:37 AM
    I'm pretty sure that is correct or people would be shipping all kinds of junk and having it show up "damaged" and claiming 5 times how much they paid.

Personally, I wouldn't ship a phone USPS, I would do FedEx or UPS.
    I'm only talking about when the package is lost caused by USPS or FedEX.

FedEx is the same when it comes to filing claims for lost or damage. They only pay whatever amount you paid for the item and it must be backed up back a receipt.

I know all these big three shippers drop/toss packages like they don't give a rat's [rear end], but I've not had good experiences with UPS in the last two years. My front porch camera captured the UPS drive tossing the box containing my new Macbook Pro almost 10 feet and it landed HARD on my front step. The box also had a boot print on top of the shipping label and one corner of the box was caved in. I didn't open it and promptly called Apple. They agreed that I should not open it. A replacement was shipped out the next day. Unfortunately, it showed up at my door by the same UPS driver... but I guess he was having a good day and placed it on my doormat, no tossing. I could have uploaded that Macbook Pro tossing video on YouTube, but I didn't want to get the driver in trouble.
    10-11-2015 11:24 AM
    Same thing, they are going to pay you what you paid for it.
    10-11-2015 11:26 AM