note 5 cardock dock question.

Dragnz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I picked up a note 5 today. I previously had a note 3. So far I love the phone but I have one question. I have a car dock I used to plug my note 3 into to play music through my car speakers. I tried this with the note 5 but the music just plays through the phone speakers. I've looked through all the settings and I don't see anything mentioning dock settings. Is there a option someplace to force the phone to play music through the USB like I could with my note 3? Am I just missing it? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't. But to confirm, do you have Bluetooth in your car? If yes, maybe that is a better easier option...

I'm guessing he doesn't; otherwise, he'd be using Bluetooth. hehe. But, that leads to a good suggestion ... if you can, get a radio deck that has Bluetooth. It made a world of difference in my old F-150 truck. :)

Dragnz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ya unfortunately I don't have a bluetooth head unit. We are currently saving to build a house next yr so id like to find a solution that doesn't involve me buying a new head unit for my car.

dllb

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you look through the settings when it's plugged into the doc?

I plugged mine into a G III dock, and first time it didn't recognize the doc, second time it did, and I could go into dock settings (I think).

My phone is out for repair, so I can't look at it right now to remember what I did or where the settings came in.

Dragnz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you look through the settings when it's plugged into the doc?

I plugged mine into a G III dock, and first time it didn't recognize the doc, second time it did, and I could go into dock settings (I think).

My phone is out for repair, so I can't look at it right now to remember what I did or where the settings came in.

I did check the settings when it was connected to the dock. Notification even pops and then disappears saying connected to dock. Stil dont see any dock settings to mess with.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Ya unfortunately I don't have a bluetooth head unit. We are currently saving to build a house next yr so id like to find a solution that doesn't involve me buying a new head unit for my car.
Does it have an input /line in? 7 dollar Bluetooth adapter, aliexpress works great.

beep