10-13-2015 12:38 PM
27 12
tools
    Hello was wanting to try a theme but not sure what's a good one help please?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-10-2015 08:45 PM
    It's all personal preference. Try out some free ones. It only takes less than 10 seconds to apply one. If you don't like it, set it back to the one you were using before. I noticed a lot of them don't show the quick settings menu sample. Besides the dialer and the menu, that's the other main thing that changes on mine since I use Nova icon themes as well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    10-10-2015 08:57 PM
    I just installed the Material Dark theme last night and I like it. It's free, simple, and clean.
    10-10-2015 09:11 PM
    I just installed the Material Dark theme last night and I like it. It's free, simple, and clean.
    I'm trying that one as well. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but the dark themes seem to make the battery last a little longer. (probably because the default white screen background are brighter and consumer more power than dark background?)
    10-10-2015 09:16 PM
    I just started testing that one with TouchWiz.
    10-10-2015 09:18 PM
    I'm trying that one as well. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but the dark themes seem to make the battery last a little longer. (probably because the default white screen background are brighter and consumer more power than dark background?)
    Yep! Dark themes and dark wallpapers, make the world of difference. Same thing for screen shot image sizes. The darker the screen, the smaller the image size
    10-10-2015 09:20 PM
    Yep! Dark themes and dark wallpapers, make the world of difference. Same thing for screen shot image sizes. The darker the screen, the smaller the image size
    what's the image size for a screen shot of a 100% black screen?

update: just took one... 51k how is that possible.. .shouldn't it be less than that?
    10-10-2015 10:05 PM
    Thanks guys

10-10-2015 10:32 PM
    Another vote for material dark, very similar look to stock Android on my Nexus 7
    10-11-2015 01:04 AM
    Cherry or dark red
    10-12-2015 12:58 AM
    Try them all and pick a couple you like

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5
    10-12-2015 02:06 AM
    Try them all and pick a couple you like

I wish there was a way to me to customize it myself, instead of using themes that other people have designed.

All I want is for all the settings menus to have black or dark grey background. (i.e. pre-Lollipop... before Google/Android engineers got this insane urge to turn everything into a white background which is not only annoying , but also impossible to work with in dark places... like on an overnight fligtht, for example)
    10-12-2015 10:44 AM
    I wish there was a way to me to customize it myself, instead of using themes that other people have designed.

All I want is for all the settings menus to have black or dark grey background. (i.e. pre-Lollipop... before Google/Android engineers got this insane urge to turn everything into a white background which is not only annoying , but also impossible to work with in dark places... like on an overnight fligtht, for example)
    I hear ya. Some are downright putrid. Some I like except for the background on the dialer and messages. Some I like except for the quick setting colors. Ugh. Why not have everything editable? Themes are a good place to start, but it would be nice to be able to go in and change little things afterwards.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    10-12-2015 12:36 PM

You can certainly separately change the Wallpaper and the Lock screen on any Theme by going to Settings>Display and Wallpaper>Wallpaper>select Home Screen or Lock screen or Home & Lock screen from the dropdown menu in the upper lefthand of the phone display>choose an image from the Gallery>Set As
    I do this using the default home screen and Lock screen because I like the icons and simply place a pure black image in my Gallery and choose it for the Lock screen and a grey slate image for the Home Screen.
    I found the pure black image here on Android Central. You should be able to search the non-forum areas and find it.
    10-12-2015 01:32 PM
    My favorite one is titled "bule light". I'm sure its supposed to be blue light, but the creator is from a foreign country. My favorite color is blue and I love the icons.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note V
    rpwalton likes this.
    10-12-2015 07:24 PM
    Personally I'm a big fan of Weyo.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    10-12-2015 08:28 PM

All I want is for all the settings menus to have black or dark grey background.
    Have you tried material dark? I rather enjoy it
    10-12-2015 08:33 PM
    Hello was wanting to try a theme but not sure what's a good one help please?

Cyber, for the dark screens with blue lights.

10-12-2015 09:27 PM
    I came from a Nexus 5 (and before that Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus). Material Dark theme with google now launcher is pretty much exactly what I want. Oddly the theme has a screen shot with the phone icon being the same as the AOSP phone icon..but after installing the theme the samsung default phone icon is still the same and it looks out of place.best theme from store?-screenshot_2015-10-12-21-36-25.jpg
    10-12-2015 09:38 PM
    Wow, exactly how many themes with dolls, bunnies and cute 12 year old boys do we actually need?

I'm curious... how many teenage girls do you think own a Note 5? Because, based on most of the themes, I'd suspect MOST owners of the Note 5 are 12, 13 years old and female!

Wouldn't mind a few more clean, material type themes.... (rant over)
    Christine Aflak, rpwalton and kj11 like this.
    10-13-2015 01:35 AM
    Wow, exactly how many themes with dolls, bunnies and cute 12 year old boys do we actually need?

I'm curious... how many teenage girls do you think own a Note 5? Because, based on most of the themes, I'd suspect MOST owners of the Note 5 are 12, 13 years old and female!

I know right!!

10-13-2015 02:04 AM
    You can also use Nova Prime and add in any of the tons of icon packs and bazillion wallpapers available on the play store on top of what Samsung offers in addition to the themes. It's pretty easy to do with Nova Prime. You will be amazed at what you can come up with without rooting this phone.

10-13-2015 03:13 AM
    Using the Marshmallow theme and loving it -- it's my favorite thus far. Before this I was using material dark.

10-13-2015 03:19 AM

Remember its a Korean phone. Koreans are seriously into that stuff! I live in Seoul and my theme store is over run with it too. I do like the fantasy white theme though, it's what I have been using the past few weeks.
    10-13-2015 06:14 AM
    I don't see a way to search the theme store to find a particular app....
    Do I have to scroll through the whole thing?
    Or am I missing something...?

10-13-2015 08:32 AM
27 12