Hello everyone

As much as I like BB10 OS, it looks like its going to be history soon. I have always been tempted to try a Note phone. I just had a few quick and simple (but important) questions.

- Does the Note 5 have Visual Voice Mail that works like I'm used to? I get a lot of calls that should have went to my managers. I love being able to tap and hold on a voice mail and sent it to the person its intended for. This may not seem like a big deal to everyone but I do this probably 25-30 times a week.

- Group or mass test messages. There was a time that my carrier (AT and T) put a limit on group text up to 10 people at a time. My most used APP happens to be a "Built for Blackberry" app that is called SMSbyNow. It is amazing at managing group text with no limitations for size of the group and its very customizable. Does Android have a comparable app to handle daily communication with large groups?

- Signal/Reception? Sounds crazy right? I need a phone that will stay connected as good as any other. Is there a disadvantage at all in the Note 5 reception? My wife had a Note 2 once and it did not pick up a signal very well. Should I wait for the LJ V10 if this is a concern? I think I read something about some antenna reception technology with that phone.

I know all the other goodies will be awesome but I have got to have these simple things first before I can make the plunge. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    10-10-2015 09:15 PM
    I've gone from a BlackBerry Z30 to a BlackBerry Passport and now to a Note 5, with AT&T.

Loving it! Battery life is good, visual voicemail works fine and service is good to. Not sure about group messaging. The default message seems to work just fine. Albeit, I've never had a group chat with more than three people. Alternatively try Hangouts or even WhatsApp

So you're not waiting for the BlackBerry Priv, then?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2015 09:22 PM
    How about trying BBM? I use BBM on my Android devices, and it works great. I am in several BBM groups, and there aren't any problems.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk
    grover5 likes this.
    10-10-2015 09:45 PM
    10-10-2015 09:47 PM
    From Z10 to the Note 5. Hardware wise it's about equal although the BB had a dedicated mini hdmi output. BB10 had a lot of promise but it never got the support it needed. It lacked major apps and we had to release on third party clients or workarounds.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-11-2015 12:00 PM
    From Z10 to the Note 5. Hardware wise it's about equal although the BB had a dedicated mini hdmi output. BB10 had a lot of promise but it never got the support it needed. It lacked major apps and we had to release on third party clients or workarounds.

I liked my Z10 for the several months that I had it. I sideloaded all the major apps that were missing like Instagram, Netflix, Snapchat, Vine, candy crush, and others that weren't in the lacking app store.

But once you leave BB, you'll never really look back except to reminisce about the good old BB glory days.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    10-11-2015 12:46 PM
    I did the side load thing, even having the Playstore loaded. The problem was that this ability to run some android apps went unheard of to a lot of people who didn't read Crackberry forums. If BB advertised the fact that their OS could do this, I think they would have sold more units.

10-11-2015 02:50 PM
    I did the side load thing, even having the Playstore loaded. The problem was that this ability to run some android apps went unheard of to a lot of people who didn't read Crackberry forums. If BB advertised the fact that their OS could do this, I think they would have sold more units.

Agreed. I also liked the Hub. They should open source that or let Samsung use it. If advertised correctly, androidians would love it.

10-11-2015 07:37 PM
    how about bb prove
    10-11-2015 10:09 PM
    how about bb prove
    Nah, I'm past the bb keyboard phase. With SwiftKey I can type pretty fast and one handed with swipe.
    Bb is too late to the party.

10-12-2015 12:03 AM
    You can use the Priv without the physical keyboard..
    10-18-2015 05:49 AM
    I don't think I'm going to do the Note 5. I'd love the stylus. I share a lot of screen shots where I make notes or draw pics for instruction so I would get along with the stylus just fine. I just cant deal with bad reception. I'll probably give the Priv a run or possibly the LG V10. I think the LG V10 advertises new antenna technology and have all the Seasoned flagship goodness.
    10-18-2015 05:10 PM
    I came from a passport and z30. I do agree that the BB had better reception but i have only had once or twice that K couldn't get a call out. Love the Note but I will be checking out the Priv. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 05:18 PM
    I came from a passport and z30. I do agree that the BB had better reception but i have only had once or twice that K couldn't get a call out. Love the Note but I will be checking out the Priv. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    I will do an out the box unboxing and than separately a comparison with the Passport. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    10-18-2015 05:47 PM
    Get the Blackberry Priv.

10-18-2015 07:11 PM
    A bit late, but, did you ever do this? If so, is there a link, etc.?

I will do an out the box unboxing and than separately a comparison with the Passport. Keep your eyes peeled!
    02-05-2016 07:22 PM