how much $$$ will it likely cost to replace a cracked glass back cover?

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
They send refurbished phones, correct?

Depends on what Asurion has in stock at the time. YMMV.

I remember whey they replaced my damaged Note 4, they sent out a brand new Note 4. That was about 5 months after the phone was released by Verizon. Deductible was $99 paid with a credit card over the phone. The new Note 4 arrived the very next morning.

My ex-girlfriend drowned her Galaxy S5 when she spilled piping hot Starbuck coffee over it. When she called Asurion, she was told that they didn't have any S5 available(refurbished or new) and they asked her if she would agree to a different model. 2 or 3 days later, they sent her a Verizon S6 that was refurbished, but it looked just as good as new to me. :)

Like I said, YMMV.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would check the cost of Samsung before paying out $200 for a refurbished phone. They can tell you in a couple of minutes, the cost.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I would doubt there are a lot of refurbished units out there yet.

According to myclaim.com that you can find deductible amounts for your Verizon claim it shows a deductable of 149.00 for a Note 5 32 and 199.00 for a 64.

I'm guessing you have 64.

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I would doubt there are a lot of refurbished units out there yet.

According to myclaim.com that you can find deductible amounts for your Verizon claim it shows a deductable of 149.00 for a Note 5 32 and 199.00 for a 64.

I'm guessing you have 64.

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

Don't know about Asurion, but Verizon already has more than enough CLNR Note5 phones as of last week. My co-worker received one as a replacement for his black Note5 with bad volume button. He was pretty p*ssed off about it. His Note 5 was only a month old. (but beyond the 14-day return period, obviously) Although the CLNR Note 5 did look as good as new.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
No they don't. It's brand new in a box. It's not a warranty swap

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Speaking from several personal experiences with them, Asurion definitely sends out refurbished phones.

It's YMMV. If the phone was just released, the chances of getting a new phone would be very good.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Speaking from several personal experiences with them, Asurion definitely sends out refurbished phones.

It's YMMV. If the phone was just released, the chances of getting a new phone would be very good.
I have never gotten a refurbished phone on a insurance claim. Only new unless they have no new left in Stock

Warranty claims definitely get refurbished

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
how much $$$ will it likely cost to replace a cracked glass back cover?

thanks!

I broke my back glass after only having mine 4 days. I have insurance thru Verizon but they couldn't guarantee I'd get a new phone back. With only having it 4 days I wouldn't accept getting a "like new replacement" so I sent it to Samsung and cost me $71 with shipping both ways.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I broke my back glass after only having mine 4 days. I have insurance thru Verizon but they couldn't guarantee I'd get a new phone back. With only having it 4 days I wouldn't accept getting a "like new replacement" so I sent it to Samsung and cost me $71 with shipping both ways.

I thought it was cheap for replacement. That is cheaper than the deductible.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

$71? That's not bad at all. I bought the Otterbox Defender case for one of my three Note5 phones. It was $69.99 plus 10.25% state/city sales taxes. (which ends up being more than $71) :D

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
With t mobile jump on demand one can upgrade to a new phone without any penalty up to 3 times a year as long as the touch screen is not cracked, no water damaged, and it powers on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC